Highly Improved RAF 2000 For Sale

Weather is looking good so far to fly to the club meeting June 12. If all goes well I'll be doing my BFR early in the morning with Jim V in the new Sport Copter 2 place.

Gary .... it is funny how the market goes sometimes. You have a very nice RAF for sale at a very decent price. Your history of ownership could only add to the value.

Some weeks you could sell ten of them. Some weeks you could sell zero of them. It has nothing to do with your particular machine. Or you.

If the phone is not ringing off the hook , it is because you are in the wrong week. Do not blame yourself or the machine. Blame the week you are in and wait for a better one. It will come.

Privately I hope you keep the RAF , all you need to do is figure out a unique way to bring in a few hundred extra bucks a week .... without disrupting too much of your lifestyle. You would be an entrepreneur who keeps flying. Maybe even a new zoom camera thrown in the mix.

If you are wanting to take the sales route , I hope you get 10 calls in one week and folks outbid each other and throw in a zoom camera as bonus.

Here is hoping you have the kind of week you want. I have always liked your RAF . Very nice

Arnie

Gary

I always wanted to ask you this. Maybe it is not you, or maybe you know who it is. Around 1998 I cleaned out some drawers and sold some aviation postage stamps on eBay. That was back when eBay was not a dollar store for offshore crap.

Anyway , I sold some (low cost) aviation stamps for a price that was much too high (in my opinion) so while packaging the stamps I added several additional copies to assuage my guilt for the high price they paid.

It probably cost me an additional 46 cents or something but I got back the nicest thank you note I have ever received. The stamp collector's were a father and son both aviators. They had a gyro and were just purchasing a mint Brantley helicopter. Like I said , they were also avid stamp collectors , especially aviation ones. They were so grateful for the extra stamps they invited me down to fly and ride with them anytime.

Sometimes it is amazing what a 46 cent stamp can accomplish. I do not ever expect to get there for a free ride. That was never my intent. The great value to me was to be able to deal with great American folks like that. Many hundreds of those experiences has solidified my admiration of American people .

Then when they are gyro guys , and helicopter guys , and rare stamp collectors from Hillsboro Oregon ..... I have never forgotten it. For sure they were from Hillsboro. That I always remember. Since then I love everybody from your city Gary. Even if you don't collect rare aviation stamps :)

If I can get it to work I will post a scan of the stamps. If you like them I have a couple left. I will send you one. You owe me 46 cents Gary.

Attachments

• Aviation stamp  4x46c scan.jpg
    Aviation stamp 4x46c scan.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
Also have some tools for sale

Also have some tools for sale

Hey Arnie,

I appreciate the nice words and encouragement. I have to admit I'm not a collector of anything, except dust. Got lots of that around.

Last edited:
Still flying good, still looking for new owner

Still flying good, still looking for new owner

Put 2.7 hours on the machine today flying to McMinnville to meet up with Benjamin and Brad and then fly to Scappose for the PRA73 meeting.

We had a good turn out of gyros.

Attachments

• 2010_07_10_pra73.jpg
    2010_07_10_pra73.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
Gary, how does that parham suspension compare to the Stock landing gear?

I had read about it a long time ago in homebuilt rotorcraft magizine. it looks very nicely built.

how does it do on grass?

The first thing you notice with the new landing gear is on takeoff, just before liftoff. I used to have a tendency to not get off the ground in a level attitude, usually with some left-stick input. With the cushy landing gear, the cabin let's you know where the stick is just before the wheels liftoff. So you can have the stick centered for a nice level liftoff.

As far as the touchdown, regardless of grass or asphalt, the landing is always smooth because of the shock absorber. Once on the ground the struts are fully compressed, so there is not much absorbtion of the bumps. It it mainly that intitial touchdown. Landing one-wheel low in a crosswind is easier/smoother too.

That is a nice Gyro, if I was in the market for a 2 seat gyro, this is one that would be high on my list.

with all the mods that have been done, it is going to make a nice machine for some lucky buyer.

I am surprised it has not sold already. but then again the economy is still in the crapper. I am surprised I have not had more interest in my commuter that is for sale.

with that landing gear,I could probably make better landings.. :)

Gary
How is it registered?
Is the gross weight over the sport pilot limit?

I do not know why i ask my bank account is 10 G short.

What put you over 1500 lbs? Was it the new suspension? Considering this project in the future but I can't afford to put my gyro outside of sport pilot range.