info on gyro

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
I see this gyro on barnstormer anyone know about it?

1991 Avenger Gyroplane 0320 Lycoming high compression, all accessories, light weight, high torque starter (B & C) 160 hp 1:1 off crank shaft Prince Aircraft carbon reinforced p-tip prop Spare prop w/Molt Taylor cooling fan (p-tip) 30 foot carbon fiber rotor blades (RAF) 28 foot Rotordyne blades One piece rotorhead with custom Wunderlic prerotor & rotorbrake Instruments, rotortac, alt, airspeed, CHT, Oil pressure, oil temperature Two custom helmets w/intercom Metal and hardware MILSPEC (4130, 661T6, 2024T3) All metal powdercoated Speed range 20-85, VNE 95 mph 500 hrs TT Trailer + • Contact Ray Damijonaitis, Friend of Owner - located Gurnee, IL USA

The only rotary wing Avenger registered in Illinois that I could find in the FAA database with a 1991 date (A/W issuance) is N110MC, listed by the FAA as a "rotorcraft" (not specified as gyro or helicopter) with an O-320, registered to "McWindy Inc."
There are three other rotary wing aircraft shown in Illinois with the Avenger name. One is a Marchetti gyro N2223A (1978), that I flew long ago when Steve Graves had it in Paducah, Ky. The other two are N4088X (1995) (another "rotorcraft" with an O-320) and N4334K (no year or engine shown).

Of course, you can't always trust what you read in the FAA records, which is why we're all going through the three year renewal cycle now. Here's an example. The FAA says that a Siai-Marchetti L1019 is a "glider" with an Allison 250 turboprop. Hmmmmmmm. One of ten such turboprop gliders is this:
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=772DW

The gyro for sale is Mike McKiernan's Avenger. Mike was a PRA board member and regularly flew it at the conventions.
Mike's friend and fellow gyro pilot Carlos, used to maintain it. Carlos is a first class A&P. Probably a good machine.