Back to Mentone

Angie

Adam and I made an unexpected trip back out to Mentone last night. Apparently when we stayed at the motel and packed up Saturday morning, we neglected to take Adam's laptop. What's even more astounding is we got back late Saturday night, decided to unpack the car later on Monday, discovering our error Tuesday night. We called the motel and found that they had kept the laptop, so we made a 6 hour round trip to get it back. Wow!

And then we went to the airport in Lansing and kicked the tires of the tractor gyro. I have some pictures. I'll post them later.

Just as you'd use a checklist to preflight your gyro, use a checklist to check your belongings before you leave! Oops.

Post the name of the motel, do them the service of promoting their good deed. I've left stuff in rooms b4 and had to kiss it g-bye.

I hope you guys had some books on tape to listen to!

It was the Super 8 in Rochester. I'm not sure they would've contacted us as the laptop didn't have any contact information, but I'm glad we realized our mistake and called. I wonder if they have a 30-Days and it's theirs policy for the lost and found.

Tim, I'm not sure if it's because we were just there but the drive didn't seem all that bad. Plus, we turned on to 110 from 31 and took a side route into Rochester so we discovered the bowling alley, town hall, police station and other fun things. Bowling next year, anyone?

Angie, once again posting under Adam's name.

We're glad you got it back!!
I got my bag the airlines lost too!!! This is the 2nd year in a row and I fear it's becoming a tradition.
Last year they lost my bag with all of my development computers in it when I got to Mentone. This year they lost my bag with log-books, passports, prescription sun glasses, etc.

I hope next year they don't lose me for 48 hours...

Peter Greenburg (the travel guru) doesn't check bags on airlines. He sends his bags UPS or FedEx to the Hotel and then arranges for them to be picked up at the hotel to ship them back home. When he gets off his plane he goes right to his rental car and leaves. No standing around waiting for bags or dealing with lost bags.

Good idea Tim. Actually I did not wish to check my bag. They took it from me on the plane!
I even told them last time I check it they lost it!
Oh well Adam and I got our stuff back!

It was the Super 8 in Rochester. I'm not sure they would've contacted us as the laptop didn't have any contact information, but I'm glad we realized our mistake and called. I wonder if they have a 30-Days and it's theirs policy for the lost and found.

Tim, I'm not sure if it's because we were just there but the drive didn't seem all that bad. Plus, we turned on to 110 from 31 and took a side route into Rochester so we discovered the bowling alley, town hall, police station and other fun things. Bowling next year, anyone?

Angie, once again posting under Adam's name.

That was where we stayed too...