Share expenses to Mentone

'cycleflyer

I'd like to share expenses and driving to Mentone.I'd like to ride up from the area where GA/SC/NC converge I live in westren SC.I would be willing to do the following:share cost in your vehicle or share costs of riding up on my motorcycle(I can pull a small trailor behind it!).It would be great if your vehicle can carry a small 250 cc 'cycle I have.The bike I would ride up is a 750cc.Please contact me at 864-985-1774. NO I WILL NOT pay 1/2 expenses to haul all YOUR stuff and all I carry is a back pack and tent. Thanks.

Heh... you're sounding like a real hoot to be in tight quarters with for long drive. :tape:

Hey Robert, how about I ride with you up there and back and offer, Hmmmm..... 20$ for gas? ;)

I thought part of sharing a ride was to share the expenses, especially if your sharing the ride with someone you don't really know well.

Are you going Robert?

Sounds like Dude should ride his bike up there, all he is taking is a backpack, a rainsuit isn't that much.
I'd let him ride in the back of the truck for 1/3 of the gas. :)

Cycleflyer, how much would you charge to ride me up there on the back of your bike?

Are you going Robert?

I wish I could. For those that like math, heres an equation...

Bensen Days Trip + Gyro Purchase + Gyro Training + Planned Wrens Trip = A severely cash strapped Robert

Should I feel guilty spending the kids college fund?????

Next year, I plan on doing BD, Mentone, and Wrens/ROC.

Robert imho college is overrated, euphoria is underrated. You do the math.

Joe,

I think they have an OTC ointment now that'll clear that euphoria right up.

ride to mentone

ride to mentone

Well I've thought about what to say in response to some of the statements about me....
MR 'Getut" get the WHOLE story before you start shooting your UN-INFORMED mouth off.
Ron Awad,I Paid 1/2 the expenses to haul ALL your stuff up there,shared the driving AND since you are apparently spreading disparaging remarks about ME, heres some for YOU:
I think you are a good pilot,but I think it was a mistake to try and speed down the road in your truck with a trailer attached while you multi-tasked on the cell phone while trying to watch various lousy DVD's AT NIGHT!
Also,I paid 1/2 ($120) the expenses and lets see... you "allowed " me to carry a back pack and a tent, hmmm how about next time YOU put yourself in my place?
I COULD spread some heresay about things various people in the rotor-craft community have said about YOU .Thats not MY style
As to Scottessex.Yes,you could ride up on my bike,which one? The Gold Wing? The Suzuki SV 650? The Kawasaki Turbo ( 186 mph), No you need to be on the back of the Honda 70 cc. I think theres enough room for mouth wash on the 70cc

I'll take my own trail 70 thanks! :) good on gas too, real cheap!
What highway can you ride 186 mph on? you could get to Mentone real quick on that Kawi.
Cycleflyer, usually, people pay for the ride for thier self, not for how much stuff, Airlines don't charge by the lb, they should. :)
Hmm 2 people ride, split gas 1/2 seems to work out fine for me.
If 2 people rent a house, does the one with the most furniture pay a higher percentage of the rent?
What about a motel room with 2 beds, but you promise to only sleep in one, I'll try that next time and see if they'll give me a deal.

I feel you pay for what you agreed to....If you agreed to be towed behind Rons truck on your roller skates with a rope around your waist.... for half the gas....you pay half the gas.

Stan

Exactly.... it is not a matter of how much stuff you had with you, it was the fact that you agreed to share the ride and that was with the understanding that the fuel bill was going to be split 50/50.

What you don't seem to be willing to admit, is I made room for you to bring whatever you wanted to bring. And I ended up having to put my gyro on that heavy trailer so that you would have the room for whatever you wanted to bring and also for the moped you wanted me to bring for you to ride on.

Whatever....

I just think your postings made it out like it was unfair that I asked you to pay for half the gas, when in my mind it was a fair arrangement

Geeze Ron, you should have bought some beer and souvenirs for him, you cheap skate!

Ron, you should have been gererous enough to put what ever he gave you into expense money should have purchased beer and cigs for the mentone gang. Don't be so cheap!!!

Geeze Ron, you should have bought some beer and souvenirs for him, you cheap skate!

You know I can't remember but I think I also made arrangements for him to get a free flight in a gyro at the fly-in too.... I am not a bad guy you know! :bored:

Ron A,

Perhaps you need to send cycleflyer a bill for the 2 nights you allowed him to stay in your home.

That should be worth at least $75 per night, and more if you fed him too. Room and board does not come cheap nowadays.

Ron E. He only stayed over one night and that was my pleasure.

I understand in a twisted way where he is coming from. In his mind he could have taken the bike and gone there and back for maybe 75$, so he felt like sharing a ride with me shouldn't have to cost him anymore than that. Also why should he pay for half of the gas when were hauling my gyro and my scooters and stuff up there and back when all he had was a little tent and a backsack.....

But the thing is, I agreed to share the ride with the understanding that we would split the gas bill. Simple as that really. I have no hard feelings about it.

Ron: If I made a deal with you to split your gas bill for hauling me along with you and your 18 wheeler hauling all your stuff....I would have no argument....and just pay the bill. If I thought it was excessive....then it would just be an expensive lesson to me to not make such promises again.

Stan

Stan that is true..... What is funny, is before he made up his mind 100 percent to ride with me up there, we spent a hour or two on the phone discussing what kind of miles per gallon my truck would get at various speeds and with and without a trailer and so on and so forth. Most people would have just said yes or no, but we were going over MPG of my truck so he would have a idea of how much money his half of the gas would cost.