Sweet Red Dominator back up for sale

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
The person I sold my last Dominator to has decided to sell it. It has sat idle in his hangar since last fall when I sold it to him. he is scared to fly it I guess....

Gyro has a Rotax 582, 23 foot dragons, double bearing head, hydro pre rotator, Pod and windshield, large seat tank, EIS instruments plus fuel gauge and airspeed and altitude, Warp drive prop and the whole gyro was powdercoated bright red. gyro has ONLY 100 hours total time since new engine and airframe and no damage history.

Sorry I don't know the price at this time, I am waiting to hear back from the owner to see how much he wants for it. I can say it should be more than 9 grand and less than 10. If you or someone you know wants a nice loaded dominator for a good price this is it. Email me with your offers

Gyro is located on the eastern shore of Virginia

Attachments

• 13445356-211a-0200014D-.jpg
    13445356-211a-0200014D-.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
another view of the dom

Attachments

• kickbuttgyro.jpg
    kickbuttgyro.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
Dominator fly by at ROC 2002

Attachments

• Rotors over Carolina 2002.jpg
    Rotors over Carolina 2002.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
Ron, my son may be interested. When you get the owners name, email address and phone nember, please post them for us all.

Do you know if the trailer is part of the deal? Sounds like a nice aircraft.

Tom Faber
Blythewood SC

All I know is he emailed me a few days ago and said he wanted to sell it. He gave me no price and I emailed him back asking for a price so I could list it for him. he hasn't emailed me back yet. I just called and left a message on his voice mail so let's see if he calls back. I doubt there is a trailer and I would expect he will want to close to 9500$ for it.

Guys, Angelo Manuel is the owner of the gyro, he is on vacation at the moment. He is asking $9,500 for the gyro, no trailer. It is a very nice machine. his phone number is 757-464-6368. He will be back Sunday.My phone number is 757-449-3308 if you have any questions in the mean time.

1, Is it okay to ask questions on the fourm?

2. If it is, is the engine a blue head?

3. What type of mast does it have?

4. Why does it have a double bearing head?

5. Why is flown without an N-number?

6. Does it carry an Air Worthy Certificate?

7. If it is certified, does the certification go to the buyer?

8. If not, will the original builder help with certification process?

9. Does it have certification grade builder logs and do they go with the sale?

10. What type of rudder does it have?

11. Can the rudder be opened for certification inspection?

12. Does the AW Certificate require a Gyro license or a fixed wing license?

13. The cheek plates are very long. What weight pilot is it balanced for?

Thank You

question 1. - yes that is okay

question 2. - no it is not, it is a late model 582 grey head.

question 3. - mast is 2x2 aluminum tube, not the redundant type or the one piece with inside webbing some use. This is fine as the dominator has no holes in the mast from the cheekplates down to the lower cluster plates.

question 4. - built with double bearing for the same reason some people use a redundant mast, more percieved reliability. Two bearings are better than one right?

question 5,6,7,8,9,12. - No N number, no Airworthiness certificate, no logs, etc...etc.... The original builder may be able to be contacted and may or may not be able to help get a N number or fly it as a fat ultralight or just don't buy it. There is lot's of builders notes and paperwork, just no good construction log per say...

question 10. - the rudder is foam, wood, door skin, and fiberglass. built per Ernies tail plans.

question 11. - don't know. If you opened it up you would have to put it back together and it is a glued and bonded construction type of tail. Best left alone.

question 13. the gyro hangs and flys well with pilots as heavy as 260 pounds and as little as 180 pounds as it is. If your much heavier or lighter new plates may need to be made.