wanted uses rotor blades in good shape

im building old benson.503 powerplant .anyone have imfo that will help.would like to convert to center thrust. need inf 830 377 1225 charly need pusher prop and rotor blades

Last edited:
Charly...
It was nice talking with you today....go slow...read the archive section (till' your eyes fall out...it will help you build your craft and avoid mistakes), get your blades LAST (when ur ready) and seek out some instruction BEFORE you get in and fire up that machine.
Once your signed off to fly...like I said...it's almost better than sex!
(The wait IS WORTH the effort...EVERYONE here will confirm what I just said!)

Charley from what I remember at the hang tests performed in Wauchula the Bensen is likely to be centerline thrust already, that is if you have not modified it greatly.

Joe, If he wants to use a 60" prop on a Rotax he'll have to do some modifications. The largest prop that can be used with the stock mast is 52".

mounting 503 rotax on benson

mounting 503 rotax on benson

has anyone got any imformation on mounting 503 0n benson gyrocopter, also interested in converting to center line thrust ,if you have info email me [email protected] or call anytime 830 377 1225

Mark,
Maybe. I think you sent me some photos of your gyro and I thought those were in one of the threads somewhere.

Some one had informed me that by simply changing to a seat tank from a stock Bensen style "bungie" seat (eliminating the tanks below the seat) would raise the CG enough to bring it to NEARLY a CLT config.
Since I have not yet tried this I cannot confirm it, but I WILL BE trying this and afterwards will share my results here.

Charly,
In another thread you posted that you wre looking for other gyro builders and owners in Texas. Our chapter is in Houston and there's another chapter near San Antonio. Both are a far way away from you but if you contact them someone may know someone near you. If your ever in the Houston area the third Saturday of the month you can always stop in.

.......and there's another chapter near San Antonio.......
Hmm, not quite, Mike! The only other chapter in Texas is 78 and that is in Olney which is a ways from San Antonio. I'm guessing it is about 75 miles Northwest of Ft. Worth.