I am offended that your offended.

"Christmas at the Trailer Park" would have REALLY offended if it was the Vigin Mary that was inflatable!

The only thing I am pissed about is the fact I did not have a chance to be offended too. Guess I will have to start reading all the threads.

Mike

I thought the peom was funny from the it was written.After all "THE HOOD" are not our most upstanding and literate citizens but for the most part low life.It was a poem and a joke .Get over it.

Most forums for the general public are going to have some posts in the off topic area that might be WAY off topic, but that is why they are in the off topic area to begin with....

In other words, I don't think we need to be 100 percent PC in our off topic area cause it might turn off some prospective gyroplane pilot's / builders. Cause I don't think it would.

The problem as I see it Ron, is the "off topic" area is really only "off topic" when the post runs off the "new posts" pages.
Until that happens it is viewable by everyone and the post titles can be misleading.
Please understand...I am not offended, I just do not want someone else to feel slighted or offended when they come to this forum to learn.

Ron - If we are worried about what a outsider thinks of our sport by what they read on this forum, then I would be more worried about the fighting, the lack of all being in agreements concerning gyro design and stability, and the obvious lack of building activity at the present momment. In other words we got more important things to do then worry about " Christmas in da hood "
This is true......

Last edited:
No one complained to me.
I took it down on my own because I don't think that this Forum should have threads stereotyping another group. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that. Or do it by email.

It was my decision, and mine alone.
If anyone doesn't like it, tough ****.
Send an email to Todd at [email protected] and ask him to fire me.

Mike,

Oh *ell no we don't want you fired.

The gubment already has enough folks to bail out!

If you lost your job Kaplin would go completly under and interstate commerce would just build a bridge over ya'll.

Oh By the way, do you know a guy named Bradley Boutte?

He has a White Dove Wedding Release business in Kaplin and lives there.

Have a good un, Ok!

Last edited:
I support Mike's decision. This past year, Mike's total compensation with bonuses and overtime for taking care of so many issues of this forum was exactly the same it's been every year since we started - $0. He deserves nothing but respect for the time he's committed to making this a better forum.

I sincerely understand people and their concern about over sensitivity. Unfortunately, this issue...the race issue has a very ugly past and that past doesn't include guys in black hoods hanging white "crackers" from trees or poor white people being forced to sit in the back of the bus.

There is a generation of people, not much older than me, that vividly remembers a time of deep, deep racial tension in this country. It's something they will never be able to joke about.

I support Mike's decision.

I applaud Doug for being the first to step up and defend what needed defending.

And I applaud Mike even longer for making the decision that he made.

And I applaud Todd for supporting a standard that he and Mike have set.

Even if this is the off topic section, no reader should have to be on the look out for items that are known to be offensive. There is plenty of humor out there that can be posted here without including these types.

[SIZE=+2]AMEN[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]thats all I have to say[/size]

Dean_Dolph,

You know there was a time when Ron didn't post stuff like this.

It was before YouTube I think.

Ron used to not be such a bad boy back then.

He must be hangin out with some rough characters these days or it's that mid life crisis thing and he's getting wild.

I too said a few things that may have been offensive to someone out there.

On the internet it's not like you say/type something once and it goes away a minute or two later.

Put it here and it's there forever basically.

If someone is not offended today it may take a few days and someone will come along and get offended.

It's like a big red flag, an invitation to get/be offended and surely someone some day will come along to take offence.

It's like an egg waiting to hatch.

It's like a gyrocopter flying over water.

It's not a matter of where, it's a matter of when.

For an "offense" to be complete it requires both the offender and the offendee. Without one or the other, it is a non event.
In this age of 'over the top' ridiculous "political correctness" too many people go out of their way to find fault in anything written or said, presumably to instill their personal opinions into others.
Ron's post may have been offensive to some but I am sure that it wasn't intended to be that way and the best way to incite bad publicity would be to treat it as it has been on this thread.
Most jokes are about human traits, short comings or faults, whether they be ethnic, religion, race or some minority group, and life would be pretty dull without a sense of humour.

Did you hear the one about the Irishman, the Pommie and ther Australian..............

Try living in some parts of Altlanta or Detroit for awhile, and some of you may understand why some whites lash out at some of these groups. If ya don't want to be sterotyped, Don't act stereotypical!

I guess I'll be labeled a ''RACIST'' because I've beared witness to the crap that has gone on around me. I CAN tell you that no one has ever left a neighborhood that I have lived in because of ME. I have never made anyones property value drop because I moved into their neighborhood.

I have found that if sterotypes exist, There is usually some basis for its existence. I do NOT think that that I am the wrong one for noticing it. It should be up to them to clean up their act.

Last edited:
Watch out Ron, there's more trailer parks than ghettos or barrios.

Hey Ron,
Thanks for that site. I stayed and watched all of them!
But seriously Ron keep posting I for one like them ,breaks up the monotpm,er,montely,what the he-- cracks me up!!

I generally find that white people that get offended by such things, Have never had to live in these surroundings. As a teenager, I delivered pizzas to both gettos and trailer parks. Only in the gettos was I ever afraid of getting shot or car-jacked. And Both have happened to delivery drivers in gettos. Never heard of it happening in a trailer park though.

Same here Tom, I´d like to meet all I did not yet.
Always with a hug, jus cause I don´t know when an offended Red Pescoço will produce a shotgun and blow me to pieces! :eek:
But we lost a dear friend here in this very Forum for polish jokes.
Not to talk about the many years around without a single black fellow flying with us or trading recipes with the white fella.
And my friends moreno always in the background talking softly and just grinning at a distance with our common jokes.
The only one daring to mingle is this crazy lunatic that loves you all.
I dont like that stuff, Mike took it out and did not bother me as well, it is his duty . . .
Ron got offended? Go buy another toy and relax man . . .or get the Boss to give you an extra blow job . . .that will be it!
My criptic talk here is because most can´t handle the truth and don´t take harsh criticism very well.
More to the point, look at what we have done since 2000, when I joined . . .close to nothing, we keep going down in numbers and this Forum here is the best glue we have.
And . . .I can say I am sorry if anyone tell me he is offended, if I am wrong I will correct myself, if not . . .tough doodoo.
I think Ron read my last post but he chose not to reply direct to me, he did this long time ago, peer pressure plays a good part on his decision.
I stood my ground and lost a lot, specially when you have so little, but I will not budge to this kind of pressure, my soul and mind are not for sale!
I was loyal to the Forum, in the first place it was our interaction here that gave me all the pointers and resources do do what I did and become who I became.
If you are different by nature or dare, you better have a strong set of values and character . . .it is not easy to love those throwing stones at you!!!
Merry Christmass, HO HO HO!!!!
Heron

Well Mike, sorry for jumping to conclusions. I wouldn't have thought that poem would have bothered you.

I am not sure how I feel about the whole situation.

On one hand, frankly I don't really care about any of it. I didn't wake up this moring and think... I wonder why my thread got yanked. Or I wonder who didn't like it. Etc.....

On the other hand, I do not believe the poem was a nasty racist attack. I can find you some real racist stuff, just go to Youtube and type in Nigger or KKK, etc.... and see what pops up. This poem was no more of a racist thing than posting some Jeff Foxworthy Redneck jokes. The difference being that since White people have had it "so good" over the years and Black people haven't, it is okay to joke about white people, but not black people. Sorry, but seems like to me as long as both races are NOT treated equally, there WILL be racism.

As for site moderator.... I appreciate all the hard work you do too Mike. I assume Todd is too busy to do much, so Mike pretty much runs the site... So Thank you Mike for all your hard work.

Now to make a suggestion I have made before... Why does this forum only have one moderator? Every other forum I participate on has multiple moderators. Some have a different one for each section of the forum. Why with all the people here that spend so much time on this site, do you not ask for help in moderating this site? I allaud Mike for his efforts, but it is not like Mike is the only one willing to take of the burden of running this forum.

And Heron, I truely do not read 95 percent of your posts as I do not like trying to play Hardy Boys and try to crack your code to figure out what your saying. I did read some of your last one... you need to check yourself, that is all I will say about that.

Last edited: