Another Flying Video ...

rsbiser

Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
Scott Essex ...
I liked your video so much, I wanted to make my own. Actually, I have been working toward being able to do this for a while but just have not gotten around to it. Scott's video was my kick in the pants.

Anyway, this is not "polished" at all. No editing. Therefore, you need to start watching at about 2 minutes in (takeoff). No music - sorry.

In general, this is my first attempt at a gyro mounted video cam. It doesn't do much more than prove the concept and that I will eventually be able to shoot some pretty interesting clips. The mount is a RAM Mount that I can currently mount anywhere on a 3/4 to 1 inch tube, (like my landing gear strut). I plan to build another mount system that will allow me to bolt it to the 2 x 2 square tubing of the mast or keel. The camera is a solid state Sanyo HD1A with a rudimentary image stabilization feature. Not perfect, but actually better than I expected.

Scott, I think your's is a bit more exciting from the "yank & bank" point of view. That's some pretty nice flying.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FAmKwfhj8KE

Way to go I love to watch any gyro videos Looks like U have a nice place to fly keep em coming

Great video!

I recommend using the 'high quality' option on u-tube just under the number of views.

The camera and sun "placement" was great because you could see the shadow in the dives and turns!

Thanks guys. I will continue to play with this and post anything that looks worthwhile.

I just got back from buying a little more hardware to work on my Mast Mount and then maybe a helmet mount.

Great video!

I recommend using the 'high quality' option on u-tube just under the number of views.

The camera and sun "placement" was great because you could see the shadow in the dives and turns!

Tim, I wasn't aware of the "high Quality" option. I'll check it out tonight. My camera has "HD" capability. I have shyed away from it so far because the files are so big and it is hard to deal with. In fact my home PC kind of chokes as it tries to play the clips (can't keep up). So I don't think it's appropriate for YouTube, but there are other sites that might work - Vimeo for one and maybe your Wiki. I'll experiment with those sometime soon.

Yeah! The shadow scenes are my favorite part of the video. When I get around to editing, a lot of it will go, but the shadows will definitely stay.

Scott

Great! I am still learning how to edit, etc. I am just above computer illiterate, I was inspired by Tim Chick and all his great TV quality videos. So Lets just keep passing the inspiration along.
It is a great way to help share the flying experience.

Cool

Cool

Nice vid. Im curious though, the word Experimental seems like its flapping. Is that a hard surface or material?

Fiveboy

Nice vid. Im curious though, the word Experimental seems like its flapping. Is that a hard surface or material?

Fiveboy

It's just a decal stuck on my naughahyde seat tank cover. It's getting kind of ratty and I probably ought to replace it.