Composite Rotorblades for DragonFly Helicopter now available.

DennisFetters

Just added to our line of rotorblades available:

Composite rotorblades as replacements for the all-metal blades used on the Italian-made DragonFly helicopter. Lifetime endurance, smoother operation and improved performance.

Shipping the first two retail sets to Italy today.

Anyone interested in a set can contact: [email protected]

Attachments

• 2717699006_4093555aac_o.jpg
    2717699006_4093555aac_o.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2716884705_c39cd131ec_o.jpg
    2716884705_c39cd131ec_o.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
very nice blades, I don't think I have seen the dragonfly helicopter before.

what are the size of these blades?

very nice blades, I don't think I have seen the dragonfly helicopter before.
what are the size of these blades?

Tim, these blades are 122.5 inches long by 8 inches wide. They have an 8 degrees twist, but they turn the opposite direction as our rotorblades. They weight 22 pounds each, and that's with a 1 pound tip weight.

Tim, these blades are 122.5 inches long by 8 inches wide. They have an 8 degrees twist, but they turn the opposite direction as our rotorblades. They weight 22 pounds each, and that's with a 1 pound tip weight.

So they can turn right or left hand!...:D

A set is two blades??? :(

thats a neat helicopter. so I am takeing it that these blades turn clock wise when viewed from above. these blades look like they would be perfect for a single seat scorpion or commuter helicopter.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Dennis,
the blades can be turned in either direction, to use the twist as desired. Auto or powered. That's the intention of the post....also, a set for "quad" would be 4.

Phil.

Sorry, I don't get it.
Dennis,
the blades can be turned in either direction, to use the twist as desired. Auto or powered. That's the intention of the post...

Oh, I see, use them on a gyro and turn them upside down. That would have never entered my mind, I don't think like that. Two much twist to work well on a gyro, too inefficient of a airfoil profile for a gyro, too much tip weight for a gyro and way too expensive of a rotorblade for a gyro.

..also, a set for "quad" would be 4.
Phil.

Yes, that is true. But, the DragonFly only has two rotors, so a set of these DragonFly rotorblades are two blades.

thats a neat helicopter. so I am takeing it that these blades turn clock wise when viewed from above. these blades look like they would be perfect for a single seat scorpion or commuter helicopter.

Yea that's right, Rotorway turns opposite too. I guess they could be adapted, but I may need to redesign the center of mass of the blades depending of the weight of the rotorheads and and coning angles. Could easily be done. I guess I should pull up some data on these aircraft too.

Hello Dennis...

They thinking about shipping the Dragon Fly to the States as a kit or as a complete aircraft? If so, have you heard anything about prices?

Tx,
Tom

Yea that's right, Rotorway turns opposite too. I guess they could be adapted, but I may need to redesign the center of mass of the blades depending of the weight of the rotorheads and and coning angles. Could easily be done. I guess I should pull up some data on these aircraft too.

it very well could be worth looking into. I know there are several single seat and commuters and Scorpions that people still play around with.

they are pricey by gyro blade standards, but for a good composite helicopter blade they are not really alot more then those whitman (sp) blades. I remember back in 1996 they where like $2,500 so who knows what they sell for now.

at any rate those are some nice looking blades.