Another Engine To Consider

Just an update boys, This sled still is a winner all the way around!
One day I hooked a small tree with my ski and broke the A arms on one side but that was my fault trying to go down a trappers narrow trail.
The engine has never had so much as a hick up and I have went 225 miles on a tank of fuel just going 60 or so on hard pack.
The oil changes are a bit pricey at $45 a pop but after more than 2000 miles I am very impressed
My son now has bought one as well with the same results
Mine is going to test the Prince Edward Island snow this winter as I have been busy moving from Alberta to there this summer!

Excellent! :peace: Thanks for the update.

They are in SC. I just got a email from them. I will see what they want for one. I will have to sell one of my toy to get one but I will post the price and POC here when or if he replys.

This is just some what came in the e-mail. My reply is to see if 10 engines is a minimum order. You would think you chould get just one to prototype your product.
If a Euro is 1.34 US they will be arouind 6000 each.
Her it is.

Engine prices
Dry sump turbo charged, 125 to130hp engine (PN 10055 and application kit 103922) as described and 75hp Naturally Aspirated engine with external generator (PN 10056 and application kit 103923) priced in euros in the following annual quantities:

Quantity TC NA EG
10 4428 3999
50 4025 3600
100 3690 3265
200 3406 2981
500 3280 2855
>1500 2966 2540

If you sign a multi-year agreement for future purchases, you can achieve price breaks over a longer period of time. For instance, a commitment for four years at 50 units/year gets the 200 unit price break.

To further your development efforts, Weber will offer you the 100 unit price break on your first order.

All prices are subject to modifications if the parties agree on a different scope of supply and/or different terms of delivery.

Packaging costs for these items are:
Engine: 18 euro
Application Kits: 8 euro

7.8 Exclusion Clause
It must be emphasized that the MPE 750 engine is not developed and/or built for use in
aeronautical applications and is not certified for such applications. Therefore Weber
Motor does not undertake any responsibility and/or product liability if the MPE 850 is used for an aeronautical application.

See the 7.8 Clause? Like it would be anything but that. They do support Hovercrafts.., anyone in need of a Hovercraft engine.

Would like to know where and contact to buy the weber motor MPE750TC as below message, I need one for my own experiment, thank you.

Eric @ Taiwan:help:

This is just some what came in the e-mail. My reply is to see if 10 engines is a minimum order. You would think you chould get just one to prototype your product.
If a Euro is 1.34 US they will be arouind 6000 each.
Her it is.

Engine prices
Dry sump turbo charged, 125 to130hp engine (PN 10055 and application kit 103922) as described and 75hp Naturally Aspirated engine with external generator (PN 10056 and application kit 103923) priced in euros in the following annual quantities:

Quantity TC NA EG
10 4428 3999
50 4025 3600
100 3690 3265
200 3406 2981
500 3280 2855
>1500 2966 2540

If you sign a multi-year agreement for future purchases, you can achieve price breaks over a longer period of time. For instance, a commitment for four years at 50 units/year gets the 200 unit price break.

To further your development efforts, Weber will offer you the 100 unit price break on your first order.

All prices are subject to modifications if the parties agree on a different scope of supply and/or different terms of delivery.

Packaging costs for these items are:
Engine: 18 euro
Application Kits: 8 euro

7.8 Exclusion Clause
It must be emphasized that the MPE 750 engine is not developed and/or built for use in
aeronautical applications and is not certified for such applications. Therefore Weber
Motor does not undertake any responsibility and/or product liability if the MPE 850 is used for an aeronautical application.

Eric,
I might add that I have spoke with the factory Representative as well and they require a Manufacturer's Lic as they do not wholesale.

Thanks Mark, may be I shall ask local industrial manufacturer to buy the engine from them for me, But the minimum order do require 10 or even one for the same price range ?
I will be appreciated if you could give me the contact of the factory representative.

Thanks Mark, may be I shall ask local industrial manufacturer to buy the engine from them for me, But the minimum order do require 10 or even one for the same price range ?
I will be appreciated if you could give me the contact of the factory representative.

This is the person I was referred to for engines, They run about $5000 USD plus your electronics to make it run and shipping

Message from Dan.
I'd suggest you contact our Eastern Performance Dealer/Distributor. He is very knowledgable and good to work with:

Bart Boroos
EBL Watercraft
772-220-0474

Best Wishes, Dan

Per your request:
Dan Schroepfer
Director of Marketing & Sales, Americas
3375 Warner Lane
Mound, MN 55364 USA

Phone: +1-612-325-2615 (mobile & office)

E-Mail: [email protected]

Internet: www.weber-automotive.com
------------------------------------------------
I hope you dont mention aircraft use. WE are still trying to get the door open

Last edited:
Mark, thanks for the great information, It do help for me to access one running weber motor, But don't know what is the meaning "plus your electronics to make it run and shipping", Sorry for my poor english.
I was thinking about to buy one brand new Polaris FST IQ to strip out the engine for use and sell the SLED without engine, But considering the import tax for vechicle around 50% of the price in my country, I gave up my mid and switch to looking for chance to buy new completely engine only, Now that you open a door for me, thanks.
I will not mentioned aircraft application use of course.

Randy at Watcon.com can help you get a complete with wires engine you need.

Yes Eric,
I have found these people are probably the best source of knowledge about the Weber for the general public.
I have been thinking about buy a sled myself and stripping it. I was waiting to see if they were going to go to the 800 cc engine for 2011 but they did not. Also I was checking on a few Arctic Cat 1000 cc two cylinder 4 strokes. But the Weber appears the most promising power to weight ratio with out screaming like a two stroke and having the small power band of the two stroke. It also appears to have the best engine block design to attach the PSRU. (REDRIVE UNIT). That is a major concern when adapting a non aircraft engine to aircraft use.

Here is the link for Brent's post. Brent Brown, Scott Essex, Canada Rhino , and myself are very much interested in doing something with the Weber. It appears that Ernie B. is also interested now. I still have my reservations about the Yamaha, but I applaud Racer and the Yamaha supporters for what they are doing to find Rotax alternatives.
http://watcon.com/index.htm

By electronics , I mean everything require to start up the engine after you get it.

Last edited:
Arctic Cat 1056cc 4 stroke

Arctic Cat 1056cc 4 stroke

Hello Mark,
I have been looking at the Arctic Cat 2cyl 1056cc 4 stroke. Below you state that "Also I was checking on a few Arctic Cat 1000 cc two cylinder 4 strokes. But the Weber appears the most promising power to weight ratio with out screaming like a two stroke and having the small power band of the two stroke." I seem to be having trouble actuall getting much info on the Arctic Cat engine and was wondering if you have the weight and HP/torque graphs of the Arctic Cat engine.

Regards
Jason

Yes Eric,
I have found these people are probably the best source of knowledge about the Weber for the general public.
I have been thinking about buy a sled myself and stripping it. I was waiting to see if they were going to go to the 800 cc engine for 2011 but they did not. Also I was checking on a few Arctic Cat 1000 cc two cylinder 4 strokes. But the Weber appears the most promising power to weight ratio with out screaming like a two stroke and having the small power band of the two stroke. It also appears to have the best engine block design to attach the PSRU. (REDRIVE UNIT). That is a major concern when adapting a non aircraft engine to aircraft use.

Here is the link for Brent's post. Brent Brown, Scott Essex, Canada Rhino , and myself are very much interested in doing something with the Weber. It appears that Ernie B. is also interested now. I still have my reservations about the Yamaha, but I applaud Racer and the Yamaha supporters for what they are doing to find Rotax alternatives.
http://watcon.com/index.htm

By electronics , I mean everything require to start up the engine after you get it.

Mark, thanks for the great information, It do help for me to access one running weber motor, But don't know what is the meaning "plus your electronics to make it run and shipping", Sorry for my poor english.
I was thinking about to buy one brand new Polaris FST IQ to strip out the engine for use and sell the SLED without engine, But considering the import tax for vechicle around 50% of the price in my country, I gave up my mid and switch to looking for chance to buy new completely engine only, Now that you open a door for me, thanks.
I will not mentioned aircraft application use of course.

no good english write Chinese: : 有一个德国的公司在山东制造飞行器的发动机和减速箱

Rotor 46,
I do not have much computer skills, someone else will have to translate for you. Sorry. I know this is frustrating.

Jason O
Read some of the reviews and you can get a lot of information on the Cat 4 strokes. I referred to it as 1000 CCs because they mold it into the head, but yes it is 1056 ccs . It is called a torque monster motor as well. This year it is offered non turbo at 123hp. It has a tapered crank like Rotax and the complete new long block is only about 2300 dollars. Wow talk about a cheap TBO. Compared to Weber at about 4500. I was not sure about the face of the block for attaching a re-drive. There is less bosses to attach to.
I don't know, but it would seem if you cannot attach to the face of the block with sufficient bolts then the re-drive would flex throwing it out of plane with the crank and then parts are going to suffer quickly. Just my opinion. I don't see how the Yamaha's are not eating up the drive system for that reason. Ron seems to be having great success with his and he certainly does fly it well.
Jason here is a good link to read all the snowmobile engines. Also look at the Skidoo ACE600, not a lot of horsepower, but a sweet looking engine that might fit the bill for many single place gyros. 60 hp

http://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/arctic-cat/2011-arctic-cat-m8-lineup-review-1239.html

Is this ebay item :350363022143 made in China ? Do you know which brand it is, Thank you.