Mentone status report

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Bensen glider project (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
I just got off the phone with PRA HQ and was told there has not been a pre-event crowd like this in recent memory. It looks like a good one is in the making.
See you there tonight.

I think so too, Tom.

Space may be at a premium, me thinks.

The air boss is gonna be busy. ;)

Cheers :)

Hi All

Wish I was going over to have a look see myself, Guess I'LL just have to wait for Stuart to come back with some photo's and stories. It will be interesting to get his take on it all. :spy:

Regards Mark

What's making this year so popular?

What's making this year so popular?

We want lots of video and photos.

Wonder what is making this year so popular ?

J

Jonathan,

I think it's a combination of the 45th Convention being after Osh Kosh this year, and the new rotorcrafts that have made their debut. Everyone I've talked to seems to be really captivated. There's a lot of enthusiasum at Mentone this year. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Pam Bundy

The last 4 years many things happened.
Faster gyros, more models, the foruns got busy, some improvement in the economy.
Sparrow Hawk, European gyros etc. Gyros became part of our lives and we are spreading the news.
PRA improvements, new BOD, airport paid for, and on and on . . .
I saw this some time ago and now it is happening, I am so glad!
Gyros will be regular transportation in short time.
thank you all
Heron

Having never before really looked into autogyros I've been surprised at the seemingly relatively low numbers. It is obviously up and coming and very exciting to be getting in a time when it is picking up.