Donating your talent

choppergabor

Aircraft
N65GK Behemoth
Total Flight Time
Too few to mention
Do you think a donation of one's talent could be sold for a fee and the precedes would go to PRA is a good idea? Let say I am willing to design a logo a T-shirt brochure or business card to someone in need. They would pay by PRA's paypal and the money would go to the PRA. Say I need someone who can help me to align my blades, like Rick Martin so instead of bribe him with beer and BBQ I'd pay for his services. And so on... Just an idea.... So we could offer our services and there would be a data base listing who could do what....

That's a great idea!!!!

I agree with John. This is a great idea! It would also give us an option to see if there is a PRA members that offers the services that we need instead of going with someone else that we don't really know.

Kim

Interesting prospect.
It has been brought up several times that dealers and manufacturers should offer a discount to PRA members. The logistics of this are unworkable if you think about it.

I used to send a PRA brochure and membership form with every order I sent out (until we ran out).

We really need to see what others with more experience do.

I like your idea Gabor with a different slant for guys like me at a long distance. I still have two time expired Bell 212 tail rotor blades I wanted to paint up with an airbrush mural or an aviation related painting. One I had set aside to do for Stan Foster to hang in his new shop , the other one maybe I could do as a fundraising auction for PRA. Some ideas anyway.

Love these blades , 12 inch cord and 4 feet long , if I can stir up the artist in me to do a painting ..... that is the hard part.

Arnie

Attachments

• 212 blades.JPG
    212 blades.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
Now that's the spirit! I've started to worry that I had caused a tumult. Or the server was overloaded with offerings and that is why this thread wasn't getting only a few responses. John on the member page is there a way to display your offerings or will we acquire the info and auction them out at Bensen days? :) We could auction out maybe unwanted parts laying around in the shed or garage, left over material etc etc. (Nice blades! You are a gentleman Arnie.Whatchagonnapaintonit?)

Last edited:
We want the largest audience we can get for our auctions.
So at first we could use eBay or the forum. Post a description and pictures and set a 2 week bidding period and see what we get. PRA could list the donated items directly.

This is a great idea Gabor!!

Mr. Milton, vouchers will do fine for PRA discount.
Gift cards also but they will have to be sent direct to PRA with the customers data.
Thanks
Heron