Hi All from bonnie scotland

dingbat

Aircraft
Q.C.ChallengerII ,And Dinbat Gyrocopter
Total Flight Time
Taking PPLM and PPLG Student
Hi Everybody,
I am a newbie to the forum,so you will have to bear with me while i find my way round!
I am a gyrocopter owner and also have a Quad City challenger II Aircraft but i will tell you more as we go along and i will look forward to joining you on this forum!

regards gary

member L.A.A B.R.A

Last edited:
Greeting Gary, and welcome to the forum and more fun than should be legal!

We're glad you could join us! Jump on in the water is great!!!

Welcome Gary,

Do you have pictures of your aircraft? Pictures and videos are very well received!

*JC*

Dingbat

Dingbat

Hi JC,
Have a look in history with Little Nellie At (DINGBAT) second post i have pics but dont know how to post as yet but if you look at the other post it will give you an idea of what i have with regards to the gyrocopter! when i find how to post pics i will do so!

Gary:

Member L.A.A B.R.A

Last edited:
Hello again Gary...

To post photos, click the button at the bottom of the page GO ADVANCED....
then at the bottom of the next screen is a button MANAGE ATTACHMENTS...this will open a small window you use to upload through.
I use GIF's...they are small and fast and they capture loads of detail in a small size. Use this free program (if you need one) to edit your photo's and save them as GIF's...found here:
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21370

Have fun.

M-M

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello Gary,

It would be helpful to all of us if you would fill out your profile.

How much flight time to you have in autogiros?

Have you had flight training?

How are you planning on using this autogiro?

Have you had experience with building rotorcraft?

Thank you, Vance

Many years ago, my military DC-6 alighted near the crack of dawn on a cold, dreary, drizzling Sunday morning at Preswick, Scotland after a flight across the Atlantic. The long straight-in approach was over a large golf course.

The golf course was crawling with mentally deranged Scots knocking golf balls about. Any sane person would have been at home in a nice warm bed.

I walked into the terminal hoping to purchase a newspaper and a candy bar. I might as well have been in Outer Mongolia; the young lady behind the counter couldn’t understand a word I uttered nor could I understand her.

"The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, gang aft agley."

Welcome aboard.

Sorry C

Sorry C

Hi,
I am of italian parents on a farm croft of 32 Acres in scotland with a phillipino wife so i would be able to understand you perfectly! a bit of a mixed race here and also a bit of a let down to magni gryos (Italian) :tape:

Gary
member L.A.A B.R.A :yo:

Many years ago, my military DC-6 alighted near the crack of dawn on a cold, dreary, drizzling Sunday morning at Preswick, Scotland after a flight across the Atlantic. The long straight-in approach was over a large golf course.

Was that the same flight that Elvis was on?

Pics of the Dingbat

Pics of the Dingbat

here are the pics if they have uploaded alright!

Attachments

• !BRo5ijgB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLm(yt(BJ+IS(0of!~~_35.jpg
    !BRo5ijgB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLm(yt(BJ+IS(0of!~~_35.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
  • garys gyro.jpg
    garys gyro.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • chrissys_wedd_019.jpg
    chrissys_wedd_019.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • gyro registration.jpg
    gyro registration.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
Dingbat

Dingbat

Put a horizontal tail on that thing. Preferably the largest one you can manage, mounted atop the vertical fin.

Hi C,
This gyro has to go through section BAR,T643 so there has to be modifications as to what i dont know as yet this is in the hands of the C.A.A. as i have only just got the aircraft on the british register so this could be a total rebuilding Job to get this upto permitt standards and as to the tail section the top section is swinging! i feel a project comming on!!

gary

Yes please Gary! Now that we have met you we really would like to keep you.
It's not that they can't be flown, but accident reports and history have shown us they can be fatal much more often without a HS.

But she looks sweet!!!

Hi John,
Nice to see you again! Well i cant please everybody its going to be a long task and probbly will be an expensive one also but what is flying worth!!! its worth it to me anyway!
Gary

It will be worth flying. I've flown just about everything else but rotorcraft. But these gyros are just more fun to fly than anything so far!!
Keep us posted Gary!

Nice one Brian!
So you have heard of the C.A.A here!!
gary

Don't get me going on our stupid regulatory system.

The original single seat Wombat was probably pretty CLT with the sloping keel and high mounted engine. Chris then lowered the pilots seat by quite a bit on later planes.....copying KW for aerodynamics.

To satisfy Sec T you will need to prove CLT or stability through flight test. They will almost certainly want a HS although they wouldn't require it in the prop wash like is best.

I hope you know what you are up against Gary. There are easier ways to lose money. And to be honest if I lived up in the highlands of Scotland I would be flying a Dominator and sod the CAA!