Can we still post photos?

Rick Martin

Gold Member
Aircraft
Everglades Kite Gyro, Tandem Dominator
Total Flight Time
900 hours
I just tried to post a few photos and the "manage attachments" link was gone and the "attach files" link was inactive.

Is it me and my puter or is there a problem?

mine seems to work

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
I use Firefox. Occasionally when I post to a thread none of the text options work. Such as quotes, hyperlinks etc. The smilies do not work either. :Cry:

I haven't tried a photo yet when I have this problem.

When that happens I have to reboot Firefox. Sometimes that does not work so I have to reboot my computer (Vista).

I never have this problem on my XP computer.

Mine's working. (Vista/Chrome)

Attachments

• triceracopter.jpg
    triceracopter.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks guys. Running XP here. I will re-boot and try my laptop for comparison. I've been having trouble with this desktop for a while. I guess Santa will be bringing me a new one. It's old and I'm due an upgrade.

As I suspected, It's a problem with the desktop machine. It didn't help to re-boot. I'm on my laptop now (Vista-home) and "manage attachments" is active. Now I just have to figure out how to resize my photos with the software on this machine.

Thanks.

I was able to get the photos posted (builder's corner). I had to use HP photo smart essentials which was on the laptop. It wouldn't let me re-size to my usual settings but it got the job done.

One of these days I'll have to take the time to read some of the great instructions already posted about how to post some of those really great large photos some of you guys do.

Thanks for the help/feedback and merry Christmas!

Rick may I suggest you try Linux, you can download it free and burn what is called and ISO file to a CD, then you can install it on your computer. it works great on older computers. now the only draw back it Linux does not run Dos or Windows Programs. but it comes with so many great programs for video and photo editing that you don't really miss them.
I have my Computer set up with 2 - 320 Gig hard drive, it is set up s dual boot system,I can boot in windows XP,that still gets Viruses, or I can boot up in Linux.

lately I have been using Ubuntu Linux and it so far is the most user Friendly I have found. it even searched my windows drive and transfered my photos and docs when it installed.

and like i said the best part is it is free,no more fussing with Microsoft tech support in India..lol

Merry Christmas, and I hope this helps ya out some.

but it comes with so many great programs for video and photo editing that you don't really miss them.

I have the Ubuntu CD but haven't loaded it yet. Just tried it from the CD. Where do you find all the other programs that run in it. Such as the video programs you mentioned.

I have the Ubuntu CD but haven't loaded it yet. Just tried it from the CD. Where do you find all the other programs that run in it. Such as the video programs you mentioned.
Chuck, after you do the Full install it will do update for distribution packages, it will then install all kind of neat tools.

also most will self configure.

there is a bug with the newest update version, it resets the screen res.

I have been using Ubuntu now for a few weeks and have found it to be the must user friendly.

also Google search is your best friend in Linux,

My only problem so far is setting up my sending for E-mail. recently stinking AT&T merged with yahoo and all the service has gone to crap.

really starting to hate AT&T.

I love the Graphics on linux.

Thanks for the info Tim. I have to get up my courage a little more first before I do a full install. I would definitely partition the HD for dual boot.

I agree the screen resolution booting from the CD is not that great. It must default to a lower resolution.

I found the Ubuntu CD great for troubleshooting. My friends laptop would not boot because of a failing HD. I was able to boot with the Ubuntu CD and copy most of his files to a backup HD.

Yeah Linux Rocks, windows won't find a Linux drive, but Linux will find the Windows drive. I have 2 hard drives set up one with linux and 1 with windows, I still use Windows for some things but then I just back everything up on the Linux drive,that way I know if Windows gets any Viruses I still won't lose my stuff.

I am still learning all the tools Linux has, but it comes with way more then Windows and you can install even more.

I am still no expert by any means,but i am slowly learning what it can do.

Firefox web browser puts explorer to shame. in fact my explorer I think has gotten corrupted again as lately it has locked up 4 times. but the only reason i even tried it again was to get some of my favorites off it to transfer to Linux.

have a Merry Christmas.

I have Ubuntu setup on my old computer system in a dual-boot configuration. Programs can be searched for with the Package Manager (I think that's what it is called, I'm not on that computer at the moment).

It works great for me except there are a few Windoze-only programs that I use, so I occasionally boot up Windoze for those.

Mozilla on Windows 98SE 2.52 meg downsized by the forum.

Attachments

• N6581R - 009.jpg
    N6581R - 009.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 0
Not sure yet. Happened a couple of weeks ago and it will be next month before I can get to it. I suspect that when I take the oil sump off to retrieve the rod bolts the first few threads are stripped. The rod was removed and reinstalled about one hundred hours ago.