Shipping

Racer

Aircraft
Air Command CLT N7512X
Here is the deal,
I have found a couple sleds in New York for a very good price. I have never met the guy and not sure if I can trust him and I told him so.
He says that he can ship both sleds through http://www.ingshipping.com/
and what they do is take the sleds on one end, Take my $$$ on the other end (Paid by money gram only) to some guys name at another address in New York and I have 10 days after I recieve the sleds to refuse them.

ING Shipping Invoice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,
Our Customer James Winston requested that you make the payment of US$ X,000.00 through Money GramMoney Transfer Services on our agent's name and address. We will keep your money in a trust fund until you have received the sleds and are satisfied with them. Our company inspects the sleds before committing to ship, therefore the risk of receiving them damaged or not as described is considerabely lower. However, should you find that your sleds are not what you ordered, the seller has opened a purchase protection account of US$ X,000.00 through which you will be entirely refunded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping details:
Current status: With delivery agent
Estimated delivery date: 01/26/2009 at 04:00 PM

Details:

Date and Time:

01/20/2009 06:00 PM Package arrival at ING Central Office
01/22/2009 02:55 PM Departing origin

Ship from:
Full Name : James Winston

Address: 301 East 87th Street
City: New York
Zip Code: 10128

Ship to:
Full Name: Todd Rieck Tracking No: xxxxxxxx
Address: 13675 Front Street Package information

City: Peyton Product: 2 x 2007 Yamaha Vector Mountain SE + Trailer
Zip Code: 80831 Total weight: 1408 lbs
Service: Home Delivery

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS: Locate the nearest MoneyGram office and make the payment on our agent name using the following details:
Full Name: Wayne Donovan
Address: 45 E 49th Street
Zip Code: 10017

How to make the payment
1. Locate the nearest MoneyGram Office.
2. Make the payment with cash using the above agent details.
3. Provide payment information to ING Courier using the website (Click here).
4. As soon as we receive your payment information, we will complete the delivery.
5. As soon as we receive your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received we will release the amount to the seller.

Shipping invoice provided by ING Courier Inc.

All contents ©1996-2009 by ING Courier INC.
I contacted the company through there live chat on there website and here is the conversation...

Todd Rieck: need some help here

You are now speaking with ING Customers Department of Customers Support.

ING Customers Department: hi, this is Scott....how may I help you?

Todd Rieck: I am attempting to buy something from someone I never met and the tracking # they gave me does not work... Am I being scamed here?

ING Customers Department: please provide me your tracking number so I can check

Todd Rieck: XXXXXX

ING Customers Department: wait a minute please

ING Customers Department: are you Mr Todd Rieck from Peyton, CO?

Todd Rieck: Yes

ING Customers Department: it shows here that we have a package on your name from Mr James Winston from New York

Todd Rieck: What sort of payments does your company accept?

ING Customers Department: the tracking number you received works fine

ING Customers Department: you did not received the payment instructions from us??

Todd Rieck: is this a legitamate place to send the $$$ Full Name: Wayne Donovan
Zip Code: 10017

ING Customers Department: yes, Mr Wayne Donovan is our bookkeeper

Todd Rieck: Not sure that this info came from you

Todd Rieck: So this is all legit

ING Customers Department: you are supposed to send the payment through Money Gram on his name and address so we can bring the package at your address

Todd Rieck: Why his name and not your company name?

ING Customers Department: just in case something goes wrong you will be entirely refunded

ING Customers Department: we instruct you to make the payment into the name of our bookkeeper because in case you don't want to keep your merchandise you will be able to go back at Money Gram and retire your payment

Todd Rieck: Thank you for your time

ING Customers Department: regards, Scott

Has anyone delt with this company before? is this how it works? am I ok to go through with this tranaction?

Here is what I get when I put in the tracking #, I think this is legit but I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling about this.

Tracking Number Result: Your package is in custody

The following scan results has been received by our system:
Shipping details : package sent on: 01-22-2009 at 2:55 P.M.
Service: Home Delivery
Package Content: 2 x 2007 Yamaha Vector Mountain SE + Trailer
Package Weight: 1408 lbs
Declared Value: US$ x,000.00
Additional Services: Third Party Service
Tracking Number: 1DF45846P2
Payment Status : Payment pending
Sender details :
Name: James Winston
County: NY
Zip Number: 10128
Receiver details:
Name: Todd Rieck
Address: 13675 Front Street
City: Peyton
County: CO
Zip Number: 80831
Third party service details:
Name: Wayne Donovan
County: NY
Zip Number: 10017

Todd...DO NOT DO THIS DEAL!!
It smells to me....!

Contact ROADWAY or CON-WAY to see how they can help you do this deal.
A bank escrow is the best way to do this.
(Maybe it too late for this)

Since it looks like "it's on it's way" already...I'd ONLY PAY when it arrives, do a bank to bank, PayPal, or Credit Card the moment it gets there.

At the very least...check the States attourney general office (NY) and check up on this Co.
Once your money is sent...it's gone unless you use something like a credit card or PayPal to PROTECT YOU.
MO Fraud is at record levels...very difficult to protect yourself in these deals.

Last edited:
When it's big money, get an LC (letter of Credit) from a bank, present that to the seller. If he meets the conditions stipulated in the LC, he gets his money. Bank decides if payment conditions were met.

Otherwise, open an Escrow account. Money goes into Escrow account, waits until payment conditions are met, then pays out to Seller.

...just too many sharks out there today.....becomes difficult to sus out a Sellers reputation. Rather be safe, than sorry......

ING shipping claims to put my $$$ in an escrow account while they ship the sleds and hold it for 10 days after I receive the sleds to make sure I am happy but this whole deal is starting to smell pretty stinky to me... My womans intuition is telling me there is something foul in the air here.
Will be calling New York BBB and state attny office. This is a great deal and I am really thinking it is too good to be true. literally

Remember the old adage...if it's TOO good to be true...it IS a scam!

Tell em' when it get's there you'll pay.

Any worthy Company will accept any form of LEGIT payment, including BANK ESCROW.
The fact that THEY ARE INSTRUCTING YOU how to pay (only one method)...is alone cause to be suspect.

Plenty more sleds out there..you don't need to be stung.

From their Web Site:
Code:
Because of the numerous fraud attempts going on on the internet we provide our phone numbers only to the sellers and to the buyers [B][I]after they make the proof of their payment[/I][/B]. The other "interested buyers" can contact us through our Live Chat Support during our business hours.
...this is BS....notice the part...ONLY AFTER PROOF OF PAYMENT.

NO PHONE NUMBERS NOR ADDRESS OF COMPANY LOCATION!
Yeah...right.

SEE THIS-->
Code:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/26/AR2007102602156.html

Last edited:
Todd, I would not do this, smells like a scam to me for sure. We have rotary forum members everywhere on the globe, lets find one in NY willing to go take a look at em.

Here is the add I was looking at http://www.oodle.com/view/Two-2007-Yamaha-Vector-Mountain-SE/1184578387/usa/
Can you see what a sweet deal that would have been, 2 sleds and the trailer for $6,000.00
I must say they do a very good job at looking like a very legit company, there website is second to none, very professional looking, all the links to more info on the company work and you can even do live chat with an employee of the company. but it still smells really funny. Do not worry, no $$$ was ever sent but I must say I really would have loved that deal.

I have had trouble with an ebay purchase of a business item valued at $25,000. Because it involved more than 1 state and the internet, I contacted the NW3C (National White Collar Crime Commision), part of the FBI. My money was returned, the small town the equipment was located will have a story to tell for a long time, and the last time I talked to the couple in question, the "gentleman" insisted he remove my head with a shotgun. I reminded him that he has my address and is welcome to stop by when he feels he has outlived his usefullness.

In short, a gut feeling about a deal can save a lot of headache (no pun intended). Also, not making the deal won't actually cost you anything.

Phil.

The site OODLE is a legit "craigslist" type of site.

Question: The ad says the items are:
Location-->Red Lodge, MT

Yet why are they Shipping from:

Contact the seller...no harm in talking...ask why?
WHERE ARE THEY?
CAN YOU GO SEE THEM?

A Web site cost about $50 to set up...some clown just sitting and waiting for folks to chat em' up.
I'll still bet that it's a scam.

Contact the NW3C (National White Collar Crime Commision) just for fun to see whats up, put THEM onto the deal to possibly bust these scum.

Last edited:
The site OODLE is a legit Ebay type of site.

Question: The ad says the items are:
Location-->Red Lodge, MT

Yet why are they Shipping from:
QUOTE]

That conversation started out after I said I will buy them is he asked me where I wanted them shipped, I said nowhere, My parents live in Redlodge MT and they will come pay you and pick them up at the same time, Then he quickly said Ohhh, I do not live in Redlodge anymore, I moved to New York and the sleds are here now..... First red flag for me, the first of many

I am having a good friend try to buy them as well (not really) and if he tries to sell them to him as well then I know this is scamville for sure.

Hi Todd,

Funny, I was trying to find photos of the motors in the sled so I could determine how much I could "tilt" the engine and came across the same ad and emailed it to you tonight. Then I come here and find out this is the same one you had been wondering about.
My thoughts were that hopefully you would have someone in the area that could get them. Looks like you said as much to them and it didn't matter anyways. :boom:

I Will keep eyes open for you. jtm

Todd,

I live next to New York state. Thought I may go and have a look for you, but the google page that goes with the sleds shows rural Montana.

Seems fishy to me

he claims they are at the shippers in New York, I think I will find out tomorrow if this is a scam or not. If I do go forward I will definatly use your services first, I have no problem paying you for your expences and time.
Thank you.

I have seen very similar deals scams be careful send no money till you see the sleds and still could be stolen or the pictures might not even be his sleds

Arnie, this guy denied he placed that ad for the watercraft, right.

Bad news, I just found this on a fraud line, This guy is good. Each of these sites are the same company image, all fraudulent.
ID Image
8403 ING Courier
8319 ING Courier
7764 laury-express
7761 ING Courier
7492 laury-courier-express
7363 armata-ultra
7082 tantar.ro
7081 laury-express.es.tp
7080 xxy-pqc.net63
6855 Lauro-Line Courier
6660 Intra Global
6417 INTRA Global
5108 Interglobal-Freight
5106 INTRA Global
5027 GCT-Logistics

Can you imagine how many people have been hurt by this guy, what a jerk.