ADs Thread Spin-Off, Mentone Event Calandar posing...

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
This is a spin-off from the PRA AD thread.

PLEASE post info about the Mentone Convention in your local webpage, news-letter, other forums, magzines or events sites.

Here is the general information:

Airport Identifier: C92
Event Start Date: 08/05/08
Event End Date: 08/09/08
Location, Mentone Indiana
Contact Phone: 574-353-7227
Contact Email: [email protected]
Event website: www.pra.org

Example Description:

Popular Rotorcraft Assoications International Convention. The world's largest gathering of homebuilt rotorcraft. Helicopters, Gyroplanes and all forms of aircraft are welcome. Vendors, workshops, seminars, forums, gyro/helicopter kit manufacturers, camping on-site and more. Rotorcraft flying all day as weather permits. 9am - 6pm.

So we don't duplicate efforts I have submitted a calandar entry for:
AOPA
Fly-Low Magazine
Flying Magazine
Trade a Plane
Kit Planes

Others have already made entrys for:
EAA http://www.eaa.org/calendar/eventdetail.aspx?id=1936
http://www.flyincalendar.com/

Last edited:
Why only until 6 pm?

How about aircraft judging, flight demos, rides, instruction, competitios.
(just tryin' to grow this wiki)

You really are good, and a doer! I'm so impressed!

'Press releases' are exactly what we need, as most publications are looking for news to fill the Press release section too, so we are actually helping them add content at the same time to their publication.

Ok, guys the hard part is done. = Thanks Tim!!!
----------------------------------------------
Now if you want to make a difference.
Start thinking of every newsletter, paper, and organization that you get, or know of, in your area, this is not like selling these publication are actually looking for our events to announce.

Please everyone call at least one paper or ? If we help they will come!!!

And as Tim implied please 'list the publication here' as they accept our copy so we don't duplicate publications.

Thanks guys we are moving closer to lower dues, a better PRA, and promoting more playmates!

Think if we all even tried one publication each. Everyone in the world would know, now that's power with no one person putting in put time! Wow!!

Thanks so much, you are making a real difference, nothing perceived about this!
John

PS
Hey lets make it a race.
Lets see who really is good!
So far Tim is the leader!
How many can beat him!
List even the publication that say no thank you. Just submitting it to them is required to be a winner and the best of us here!
This could be fun!

Last edited:
Why only until 6 pm?

How about aircraft judging, flight demos, rides, instruction, competitios.
(just tryin' to grow this wiki)

That is what I saw posted on the EAA site. I figgued it was the offical time. Personally, I stay 24 hrs!

Good advise, esp, flight demos/rides!

I tried to submit to Landings.com but I get a database error. Might be my browser.

Can someone else try?

Lets only do this once, save the links or email address for me.
I wrote an automatic email program to do this next year. Just change the text and the ad picture attachment and it will send this info for us next year automatically, for any event we add in the future too.

Thanks,
John

Added, Example
------
Contact information:
Landings.com
Email = [email protected]
Link for comments:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*102913770!mtd*7!map*_landings/images/landings-topbuttons.map?221,14

Last edited:
Tim what are you sending to them. I got to landings.com.

Here's what I sent please help re-write and CHECK my spelling and words.

Greeting form Popular Rotorcraft Associations

Subject Press Releases:

If you have any events requiring press releases we would like to know about them and we would like to share ours with you.

Airport Identifier: C92
Event Start Date: 08/05/08
Event End Date: 08/09/08
Location, Mentone Indiana
Contact Phone: 574-353-7227
Contact Email: [email protected]
Event website: www.pra.org

Popular Rotorcraft Associations International Convention. The world's largest gathering of homebuilt rotorcraft. Helicopters, Gyroplanes and all forms of aircraft are welcome. Vendors, workshops, seminars, forums, gyro/helicopter kit manufacturers, camping on-site and more. Rotorcraft flying all day as weather permits. 9am - 6pm.

Just a PRA Volunteer, but love your site.
Thanks,
John Rountree

-----
Contact information:
Landings.com
Email = [email protected]
Link for comments:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*102913770!mtd*7!map*_landings/images/landings-topbuttons.map?221,14

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff!

John,

There is a link for automaticly submitting calandar events (I think it was near the bottom). That worked great until I hit the submit button and then I think there SQL puked on my IE.

You guys keep doing this and we will grow!!!!

This will be a great test to see how many publish it and the associated increase in attendance from previous years.

We all need to report back seeing any ads and press releases in print for my survey on 'our requests to print' press releases compared to those 'that actually print it'.

Then we have a 'starting point' for advertisings dollars we spend in the future and the number of new attendees it should accrue. (very important to find out!)

Thanks, the race is on!
John

Thanks Jeff!

John,

There is a link for automaticly submitting calandar events (I think it was near the bottom). That worked great until I hit the submit button and then I think there SQL puked on my IE.

Yes same for me so I email them and sent them a comment and reference their problem in the comment, they might not know about it!

Next year, will be mostly automatic if you guys save me the links to the calendar form, or email address!

You guys are great, and can't wait to see how many join us, and just get it done!
John

I submitted the event to GA News magazine. Strangely the web site is down today but I was able to use the cashed google html to get into the calandar link and it seems to have successfully submitted the event....

We will see, I might have to do it over.

http://generalaviationnews.com/FormLayout.asp?formcall=100

I talked to a former F-16 pilot/airline pilot, today at work, and he had never seen a gyro, he thought it was pretty cool. Seems that even the "pros" don't know that we exist.
It is time to let the secret out! :)

Here's calendar item I sent

Here's calendar item I sent

Here's the calendar item I sent (as posted on original thread 5/12/08):

------------------------------------

Sure could use your help in publicizing this event -- the biggest gyro fly-in in the country!

Mentone 2008
August 5-9, 2008. 12296 W and 600 S, Mentone, IN 46539. Hosted by Popular Rotorcraft Assn. Lots of vendors; lots of gyros. The biggest gyroplane fly-in held in the USA. Camping on airfield with or without power. Gyros, helicopters, showers, porta-potties, food vendor, forums, relaxed country fly-in. Come visit with the family. Experimental Light Sport Aircraft (Gyro) Repairman Course planned. Info: 574-353-7227

-----------------------------------

As I wrote on original thread, you could also send the 1 column-inch ad from Mike's first post on that thread. Be sure the recipient knows it is not an "ad" -- it's sent for public service placement if space is available.

Let me or John know what you did.

I talked to a former F-16 pilot/airline pilot, today at work, and he had never seen a gyro, he thought it was pretty cool. Seems that even the "pros" don't know that we exist.
It is time to let the secret out! :)
Scott It's true pilot don't have a clue, like they are stuck in the past or they don't even know.

The better we get a spreading the word, the easier and faster it will be to grow.

5 days before the event we should send the best (2 minute) video clip we can find to the state and local TV news stations, and hope for a slow new day. Rotorcraft are entertaining and they make people stop and watch, the news folks know that too, if were lucky and they need a filler story we will be seen.

John

PRA news release attached

PRA news release attached

Hi Guys--

If anyone needs a copy of the PRA news release to send out, the "official copy" is attached as a .zip file.

FYI, the plan was to hit magazines the end of April -- it takes them more time to get news in print. So for magazines, now's the time.

Here's the list of magazines I contacted with news releases and photo CDs:
-- AOPA magazine
-- Experimental Helo Magazine
-- Flying
-- Homebuilt Rotorcraft Magazine
-- Kitplanes
-- Plane and Pilot
-- Private Pilot
-- Rotor & Wing
-- Southwest Aviator
-- Sport Aviation (EAA main publication)
-- Sport Pilot (EAA light sport publication)
-- Ultralight Flying
-- Western Flyer

G. Grant Stroud, a PRA member who ran for the BOD last year, suggested these magazines, to which I also sent news releases:
-- The Big Show Journal
-- Crusin’ News
-- World Airshow News
-- Drive! Magazine

The plan is to hit newspapers in July. I'd appreciate it if you'd leave the Indiana newspapers to me -- just give me names/addresses of the ones to contact. I'll send them the news release and a photo CD so they'll have pix. I don't have broadband, so can't post the pix here.

Everything else is fair game... let me or John know what you've done!

Attachments

• PRA release.doc.zip
    122.2 KB · Views: 0
Here's the calendar item I sent (as posted on original thread 5/12/08):

------------------------------------

Sure could use your help in publicizing this event -- the biggest gyro fly-in in the country!

Mentone 2008
August 5-9, 2008. 12296 W and 600 S, Mentone, IN 46539. Hosted by Popular Rotorcraft Assn. Lots of vendors; lots of gyros. The biggest gyroplane fly-in held in the USA. Camping on airfield with or without power. Gyros, helicopters, showers, porta-potties, food vendor, forums, relaxed country fly-in. Come visit with the family. Experimental Light Sport Aircraft (Gyro) Repairman Course planned. Info: 574-353-7227

-----------------------------------
Excellent, yes if you guys would post here we'll have a record of it!
Thanks,
John