crewchiefuh1h....introduction

crewchiefuh1h

Hi. I registgered a few days ago, but have been waiting for an ebay auction to finish to see if I would have anything to talk about. I just won this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-TURBOC...b8lJBVQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_2147wt_880

About myself. I am 64, semi-retired, and a was a crewchief on slicks back in the late 60s-early 70s. I have been interested in Rotorways since '71, but could not get time and money together at the same time....so life moved on.

Now, we will see what I can do with this ship. :wave:

Last edited:
First, welcome to the forum,

Congratulation on your auction win.
I would suspect your mind is going crazy with thought right now but when that settles down you can have a great experience putting that together. Don't make a job of it, make it enjoyable, believe it or not that is easy at the first but has a way of changing down the road with so much work that is required.
Lots of research still likely to be needed to check for upgrades or needed changes.

Have always liked those ships.

Have fun.

Ken

Clifton,

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new project! I would suggest you consider Joining the PRA and finding a local chapter in your area and getting to know the members there. I suspect they can be a major asset to you as you embark down this new adventure. Best of luck! We'll anxiously await a build thread documenting your journey with this project.

Doug Barker
PRA Pres.

Clifton,

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new project! I would suggest you consider Joining the PRA and finding a local chapter in your area and getting to know the members there. I suspect they can be a major asset to you as you embark down this new adventure. Best of luck! We'll anxiously await a build thread documenting your journey with this project.

Doug Barker
PRA Pres.

Thank ya'll both.

I picked up all the "parts" Tuesday...tomorrow I go ba ck to get the ship, "cabin" and rotor blades.

Before I even think of a build thread, I have to figure out what I need to get it reregistered for an N number, and if I have to get a new air worthy certificate or if the old one will be good once if is reregistered.

Got two sets of some parts, as it was originally powered by an RW133, but one of the owners had bought the makings for turning it into a turbo charged RW133. So, I have that I know of, two motors, two masts, two heads and two sets of blades, two alternators, and don't know what else.

Paper work first tho.

Welcome To Oz !

Welcome To Oz !

Call the Smith. Boys at. R&D in Plano Texas...years ago they were heavy into building Scorpions and Execs..
Some the finest work I've ever seen was on a Scorpion that one of they're mechanics (Gary I think was his name) owned and built.

Steve

Welcome to the forum amigo ! Keep in mind there is also a seperate Rotoway forum too that you might want to join up on for even more specific expertise.

Welcome to the forum amigo ! Keep in mind there is also a seperate Rotoway forum too that you might want to join up on for even more specific expertise.

I signed up with the Rotorway Owners Group, but apparently I misunderstood some of the info, and the whole forum is a pay to view group. Maybe later I will see about contributing.