Here you go Greg G., sum RAF stuff.

Birdy: I love my high speed internet cause watching vidoes like yours is awesome. That is some desolate country you fly over. I dont see how the cows survive. That must be a lot of fun using the gyro for work.

St

Thanks for posting--great stuff. When you lift the T handle on the cyclic does it snap into place? How much length is added? Do you stow it for landing?

When you lift the T handle on the cyclic does it snap into place?
No, its free to hinge over to the passenger side.
My kids fly it this way, mainly coz i couldnt be bothered putn the other side of the T on.

How much length is added?
Bout 50% more leaverage than the stock RAF stick.

Do you stow it for landing?
?????????
I use the same stick all the time.
Then just swing it up outa the way wen getn in or out.
Same as the R22.

Thanks for posting that video Birdy, I really thought the sunglasses would go sliding across the dash.

Thanks for posting that video Birdy, I really thought the sunglasses would go sliding across the dash.
No offence Mark,[ or anyone else who commented on the sunnys] but, why would they move??

No offence Mark,[ or anyone else who commented on the sunnys] but, why would they move??
Where I come from those critters are trained to jump and run at a moments notice so you have to get new ones :D

Birdy, Thanks for suffering my questions about the T handle. I've never seen the cockpit or ridden in an R 22 but the hanger next to me has an R 44 so I will look his cyclic over. At 6'3" and my age it takes abit of stuffing to fit in my RAF. If the cyclic were longer it would be more difficult but there are times when I would appreciate the extra leverage. Hope to get "Outback" next yr or two. Want to sneak on one of those water buffs and Bantungs (sp) with me bow and pointed stick!

Hmmmm, thats a shame. :(
Thought Greg G. woulda commented by now. I know he's been on the forum, but he wont even look at a thread thats addressed to him personaly.

Afterall, i did post the flic [ many thanks and much groveling to the MF] coz he specificaly asked for it in anatha thread.
Was[ still am] interested in his thoughts.

Never mind, gess ill just keep the rest to meself then. :)

Walt, im only an average bloke, and i thought the raf cab was like tryn to climb into a panican with the spoon still init. :(
Haven only the single, central stick makes it easy to mount. ;)

It looked like some of your banks were near vertical. Sitting in a chair at home viewing the video it feels like I'm in my vehicle. Everything slides on my dash. Besides Birdy you know that anything loose somehow finds it way to the prop.

It looked like some of your banks were near vertical. Sitting in a chair at home viewing the video it feels like I'm in my vehicle. Everything slides on my dash. Besides Birdy you know that anything loose somehow finds it way to the prop.

As I said: Slip indicator.
If anything slides in your cockpit, you are doing something wrong. Things may get a little heavier, but with a perfect balanced curve, and we never do it any other way, nothing will slide. :boink:

I would rivet my glasses down, personally. :D

Kai.

Great clip Birdy, thats some great flying there. I thought you where going to fly up that one cows A$$ at one time...lol

how slow can you fly your gyro and still stay in the air?

Birdy, Have you posted other threads detailing your suspension mods and PR your using. The RAF kit PR certainly won't spin up to 70-80% of cruise rrpm in no wind situation, even with the addition of an idler pully for better wrap.

Besides Birdy you know that anything loose somehow finds it way to the prop.
Not with the doors on. :)

how slow can you fly your gyro and still stay in the air?
Not real sure Animal, but the wasa at WOT will start to sink at bout 25mph i think.

Yeh Walt, sumwhere.
The RAF PR will consistantly get 220rrpm without wind if you 'double pull' the cable on the clutch.
The one on the ferel will get 270-280rrpm with the double pull on 26' AK blades.
The wasa has a stock PR and will consistantly get 200rrpm on the 28' AK blades.

Birdy, not sure what you mean by "double pull" Do you mean pull once to get blades up to ~50rrpm, then release and regip tighter? Sorry for the ignorance. Did you shorten the original PR cable--looks to be about 2" too long. I'm swinging 30' RAF blades and can get 170 rrpm max. Did you cut some grooves in the clutch plate as Harry recommended a while back? Thanks for all your help. `

Yeh Walt, sumwhere.
The RAF PR will consistantly get 220rrpm without wind if you 'double pull' the cable on the clutch.
The one on the ferel will get 270-280rrpm with the double pull on 26' AK blades.
The wasa has a stock PR and will consistantly get 200rrpm on the 28' AK blades.[/QUOTE]

Birdy,
would you post some pictures of your ferel prerotor setup sometime under a different thread so I will quit interrupting this one?

Waiting on the 'double pull' explanation too, sounds interesting because that really cuts down the roll.

What do you mean by feedback.
Anytyhn that makes it shake PB. [ low/high G loads and or RRPM, high cyclic rates.....]

"double pull"
On the stock RAF clutch setup, the cable sheath activates the thrust bearing leaver and the cable is hard mounted to the ancher bolt.
Replace the bolt with a good pully wheel, run the cable round it and ancher it back onto the thrust leaver.
This way the sheath AND the cable are forcing the leaver in the same direction, doubleing the force.