Bensen Days 2008 Videos

While I'm playin' grumpy ol' bastid, may I make a couple of suggestions?
I love to hear the motor and the rotor, but could you guys please find or devise some sort of wind muffs for the camera mikes? (grumble grumpy grouch):boink:....

When I mount my camcorder on my gyro axle I put a piece of tape across the mic. Greg's video was using a bullet camera and the mic was actually inside the small bag with the camcorder. I'll have to experiment with that mic to see if I can muffle it some.

I don't know how you get that many in a day, they must be all in the same area, I had a great day yesterday I mowed 3 large lawns and cleared over $100.00,I am thinking about going back down to s.c. soon and fly with Gary Neal some more, he still owes me and hour that I already prepaid for, and I could take enough with me for a second hour, just maybe I will get the feel of landings...lol

so far this John Deere ZTR has been one of my better investments.

btw whats the fuel burn like on the new gyro compared to the 618? it's got to be better which = more flying time.

hows that saying go Mow money.

btw what do you know about gator blades? I have heard from some people that they are a good blade for the mowers. the blades on mine now are pretty dull, suprise they cut as well as they do. also whats the going rate for a lawn now days,I am chargeing $40.00 for a small yard and up for larger. my biggest yard so far is 2 acres .

They are all within a certain radius... but I have put over 115 miles on my truck between Wed and Thursday, so there is driving involved.

And some will think your nuts, but base your pricing at 60$ per hour or higher. At certain stops, where I might have 4-6 lawns all side by side, I can average out over 100$ per hour. You got to learn to be quick to fairly charge these rates, and with time you will know how long a yard will take and you can price it accordingly. A typical yard I mow is around 30-32$ a cutting, and it takes about 30 minutes to do.

Gator blades suck. They don't lift the grass enough to get a good cut. A good set of high lift blades, that are sharp ( I use a 4 inch wide belt sander to sharpen mine ) will give the best results. Also make sure the underside of the deck is not choked up with grass stuck to it. Occasionaly I have to jack the front of the mower up and scrape the underside of the deck with a paint scraper.

I still haven't tested the fuel burn. Truthfully it is probably about the same or only slightly less. The 618 flown solo is good on fuel.

Tim as long as we are giving requests I would like some ozzy Crazy Train
on mine please :D

I'm easy to get along with, Tim...I don't care one way or the other. ;)

Cheers :)

Tim, I sent you the Ozzie track for Greg's vid, same email adres i sent to you for Ron's track. Good choice, Greg - one of my all-time favs. I saw Ozzie on his Black Sabbath Tour (Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath) at the East Town Theater in Detroit. No seats, they tore them all out by that concert to get more bodies in. Fire Code? we don't have no stinkin fire code! just sit on the floor with your GF wrapped around ya...yeah, those were the days all right. the 60's were truely a different era.

Last edited:
Black Ssbbath strated in 1970, Sabbath bloody sabbath was in 1974. I guess you did alot of drugs to think it was still the 60s.

No one can say I spend a lot of time dilly dallying on the runway :cool:

"B" Days Pixs

"B" Days Pixs

Tim,
Did anyone get a video of that gator in the pool about 1/4 mile SW if the site? I flew across him several times and Steve put his "Black Meriah" in a tight turn over his pond early Wed. morning. But, I didn't find him again before my engine out on Thur. afternoon (Walmart gas).
eddie.....:eek:......

And some will think your nuts, but base your pricing at 60$ per hour or higher. At certain stops, where I might have 4-6 lawns all side by side, I can average out over 100$ per hour. You got to learn to be quick to fairly charge these rates, and with time you will know how long a yard will take and you can price it accordingly. A typical yard I mow is around 30-32$ a cutting, and it takes about 30 minutes to do.

Gator blades suck.
I still haven't tested the fuel burn. Truthfully it is probably about the same or only slightly less. The 618 flown solo is good on fuel.

OK thanks for the Info Ron, I have been chargeing from $30.- $55.00 a yard,most the yards I have are over an acre and take about an hour each plus weedeatting.

but on that same note most my yards are miles apart, I have gone as far as 18 miles for 2 of them, but they are $50.00 and $55.00 yard. I am towing the trailer with my Subaru wagon. so I can afford the gas for the long distance yards. now to just get some more lawns lined up. I may just make enough to get some blades for my gyro yet.

Don't know if you have looked at my Falcon thread lately but I have my extended cheek plated made and mounted 8' 2" to teeter bolt. I Think that should give me plenty of clearance now.

it's slowily coming together. who knows. it may even be ready by the time Wrenns Rolls around.

guess time will tell.

Attachments

• IM006531.jpg
    IM006531.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MOWmoney.JPG
    MOWmoney.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
GyRonimo footage???

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I've got to sort through almost 3 hours of video to pick out individual stuff. I'm doing the easy stuff first. I've also had some DVD orders for some of the older DVDs so my PC has been working overtime.

Here's the first music video using the flying footage. For you guys that don't like the hard pounding Rock and Roll just keep moving along. Nothing to see here. Keep on moving. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpSUXMIA7Y

Last edited:
Scott, I think that's you in the last scene that shows a gyro. I was looking through the footage when I was out flying around with you and I just couldn't hang with you. You were zooming away from me everytime I tried to get behind you. Maybe next time you can throttle back and creep along at my speed. :p