Any hard info/schematics on ac tall tail?

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
I am hitting a blank wall trying to get a "view" of how the AC tall tail is attached. I know there are folks out there who have this configuration but everyone I have approached including the factory says there are no instructions.... is this even possible!??

Can anyone supply me this? I am going to take mine apart and would feel a lot better knowing what should be there vs whatever I might find.

TIA

Robert

PS here is a pic of mine as it was being shipped, lest there be any confusion about what I need.

Attachments

• DSCF1331.JPG
    DSCF1331.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
Air Command usually mounts their horizontal stabilizer with two pieces of 2 x 2 x 1/4 inch aluminum angle about 18 inches long-- one piece on either side of the keel tube.

Air Command usually mounts their horizontal stabilizer with two pieces of 2 x 2 x 1/4 inch aluminum angle about 18 inches long-- one piece on either side of the keel tube.

That would account for the bracing and bolts. I assume then that these two lay along the inside top and bottom of the HS?

I am actually really confused as to how the rudder is bolted through the keel & HS and secured. I have some up and down movement in that area that I believe is hammering a bit and causing cracking at the bracing on either side of the rudder.

Here is a picture of the cracking which I have been told by several qualified people poses no threat for my tail separating, but I would still like to adjust it a tidge tighter (the rudder up and down) as well as understand how it is secured (and check that it is!)

Attachments

• TAIL CRACK2.jpg
    TAIL CRACK2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
  • TAIL CRACK3.jpg
    TAIL CRACK3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
On a somewhat related issue....Does anyone know what the Stab Area is for the standard stab for the Air Command? I am working the ROTOR PERFORMANCE spreadsheet and don't know what this is...thanks...

The Air Command horizontal stabilizer is approximately 60 inches span. The chord is around 20 inches at the keel tube and about 12 inches chord at the tips, so the total square footage is approximately 6.67 square feet.

60 inch span? I didn't realize that. It has been a long time since I have seen the H stab (winter in the north). It seems like alot. thanks for the help.