Time To Put Up.... Looking for Nomination Suggestions for the PRA Board of Directors.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
pra%20borderless%20small.jpg

As you know I was elected to the PRA Board of Directors last year.

It is now in my power to nominate candidates for this year's election.

If you would like to consider running for the PRA BOD please email me.

If you know of someone that you think would make a good candidate please let me know.

To be a viable candidate for the BOD you must be a member of the PRA in good standing for at least 5 years.

I am not limited to one nomination, send all the recommendations you have.

We are currently under represented from west of the Mississippi.

PRA board members are now required to use the Rotary Forum for inter-board communications. However, not all of the BOD members frequently post here.

Past BOD members and PRA life members can also nominate candidates.

It is not difficult to be board member. You just need to be willing to share your insight and input and have a desire to see the PRA grow and prosper.

I don't think I have 5 years of pra membership status yet, elsewise I would throw my hat into the ring

I don't think I have 5 years of pra membership status yet, elsewise I would throw my hat into the ring

Really? You were flying before I started. Jennifer in the office can tell you when you started.

You don't need 5 years to get nominated, just to serve. So you would need to meet 5 years by Mentone 09.

You can check into it, but I flew gyros for a few years before joining the PRA. I started in gyros in Feb 2001, so it has been 8 years..... And still seems like it was just yesterday! :)

Did you get my PM on Thumpertalk about the elections and so on?

You can check into it, but I flew gyros for a few years before joining the PRA. I started in gyros in Feb 2001, so it has been 8 years..... And still seems like it was just yesterday! :)

Seems only a short time for me too. I will see what I can find out.

Can someone buy the missing years?
heron

Nope, that is the point. You need to have enough time in the gyro community and with the PRA to be able to make informed decisions.

It used to be even harder to get on the BOD, you had to be a life member.

Did you get my PM on Thumpertalk about the elections and so on?

No, I have been in Pittsburgh all we. Heading home tonight.

I joined May 2002. Guess that means I will have 7 years under my belt.... At least that is what Jennifer told me :)

Glad to hear Ron's throwing his hat in!!!
What about Tim Chick?
He's always coming up with ideas and then helping execute them.

I joined May 2002. Guess that means I will have 7 years under my belt.... At least that is what Jennifer told me :)

Great news! Consider yourself nominated.

Glad to hear Ron's throwing his hat in!!!
What about Tim Chick?
He's always coming up with ideas and then helping execute them.

Excellent suggestion, I will send him an email.

.....If you know of someone that you think would make a good candidate please let me know.
What makes a good candidate? Let me say that I think a good one is someone that is willing to donate time all year and not just at the two board meetings. And I believe all candidates should be required to have a computer and use email.

We are currently under represented from west of the Mississippi.
That's a fact! Actually I would move the line to the Rockies and further West.

PRA board members are now required to use the Rotary Forum for inter-board communications. However, not all of the BOD members frequently post here.
What does this mean? Hasn't Todd setup a forum just for the PRA board? And isn't it a fact that the majority of the board never uses it?!!

It is not difficult to be board member. You just need to be willing to share your insight and input and have a desire to see the PRA grow and prosper.
It seems to me that the majority of the board finds it difficult to communicate among themselves and even more so when it comes to the general PRA community. I want to see new nominees be ready and willing to get, and stay, involved year around. The PRA can't be run, or progress and grow, on only two meetings a year.

I would also like to see the candidates come here and post their qualifications and what they would do for the PRA. I know that Rick Gilley will be soliciting profiles from the candidates for the magazine but hearing from them here on the forum would allow some interaction.

I believe that the prospective candidates need to know that they are required to be at Mentone to accept their position if they are elected and they won't know until they get there if they have been elected. Board members also have to make at least one of the two board meetings that are held during the year. One is at the International convention in Mentone and the other is at Bensen Days; although locations are subject to change.

Last edited:
Nicely put Dean.

We need energetic PRA BOD members.

How about it West Coasters? You guys used to run this show.

As you know I was elected to the PRA Board of Directors last year.

It is now in my power to nominate candidates for this year's election.
/QUOTE]

Tim, I don't see you listed on the PRA Website as on the BOD! The site really needs some attention to be effective and useful.

I just forwarded Tim's post to the chapter contacts. Those of us that visit here sometimes forget that not all of the gyro community does that. In my local chapter, 50%, or less, of the chapter visit here. So, with that in mind I didn't want the West coast to miss this post.

Right on Dean!!!
Seems the guys with experience out here don't really want to take much of there time to share it or even let you join a local chapter, except Dave and Tina. No one in San Diego will even call you back to discuss starting up Chapter 31 not even to just say no we don't want you guys and the rest haven't been in PRA long enough for 5 years.

But you can volunteer anyway. We need more volunteer Indians than we do chiefs anyway guys. If you like to volunteer your talents please PM me, I could use some help testing our new management programs and many other jobs.

Tim, I don't see you listed on the PRA Website as on the BOD! The site really needs some attention to be effective and useful.

Yes, I know. How about it John (All-IN) how are things coming?

As far as the auto join/renew pages goes I have been putting in a call/email a week to the treasure of the PRA on this issue. Progress has been slow but then he is switching banks so that might be the problem.

What does this mean? Hasn't Todd setup a forum just for the PRA board? And isn't it a fact that the majority of the board never uses it?!!.

Yes, Todd has setup a private section here on the forum for the BOD. I can now say that everyone on the board HAS now used it.

I emailed all of the BOD to get them to vote on sending a letter to the TSA. So far as I am aware this is the first item to pass through the BOD though the forum. It took a little prodding but I hope it will be easier next time.

Way to go Tim!!
The BOD maintenance program is finish, (ready for testing). Form now on we only have to Add and remove BOD officers as they are elected. Then the new page will always display the correct information.
Change any one BOD's info and it wil imedality be displayed the next time you view the page. Much less work and pages are updated automatically from the database. Same thing now with the instructors, just finished that one today!!!
All of PRA's info will be much easier to change and the BOD, Instructors, vendors, and even the members will be able to correct their own information.

It's coming in May, alone with a store front, and even gyro flight instruction with test (including a training syllabus)[ Thanks to "Leigh"] eventually, and much more. When I get back from storing the boat on the hard, things will really begin to fly, right after Benson Days!

Last edited:
Tim who can I get to fill in the correct information the first time around. I need volunteers to add Instructors, BOD's, Employees, Volunteers, etc.... and test the program and critique the programs for easy of use and possible change in functionality. Would be great to have a complete Bug list and change request plus new idea's once the gang see how the work.

Yes, Todd has setup a private section here on the forum for the BOD. I can now say that everyone on the board HAS now used it.

I emailed all of the BOD to get them to vote on sending a letter to the TSA. So far as I am aware this is the first item to pass through the BOD though the forum. It took a little prodding but I hope it will be easier next time.
Okay, why did you have to email the BOD members?!! Don't you guys monitor the BOD forum? If you don't then it is no wonder no one uses it to communicate.

Tim who can I get to fill in the correct information the first time around. I need volunteers to add Instructors, BOD's, Employees, Volunteers, etc.... and test the program and critique the programs for easy of use and possible change in functionality. Would be great to have a complete Bug list and change request plus new idea's once the gang see how the work.
John, you may want to start another thread on this topic. People may miss it here.