Safety Harness for all...

Minnesota_Mike

Found this for a friend and started this thread for all to benefit from...the price's are good.
Some folks use old Automotive Lap belts, but I think this item should suffice for our needs with double the number of points of attachment. Since I weigh less than 200lbs, this should be more than sufficient to hold me at 5x that amount- or #250 per point max.

I'm going with the Black 4 point for 49.99...total with shipping was $59.86
I'll update the thread once I receive the item to report the quality of the item.

(Note: They show the same photo of a 4 point harness on all the pages)

UPDATE since post: noooooo....that's a RACING SEAT.

Attachments

• NRG Universal 4 Point Safety Harness.png
    NRG Universal 4 Point Safety Harness.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mike - that looks like a child's seat. Do these come in adult sizes? :)

Yea, I thought it was a car seat too? maybe something to use to strap my grandson into the RAF.

Oh come on now guys I would not have done that!:tape:

:boink:

Last edited:
Those are typical racing style seat for stock all the way up to nascar. There are many version to the more allaberate like these to the plan jane but may be very well suted for gyros some can be quit heavy indeed.

Thanks Mike for the info till someone beats that deal I bookmark that addy. Thanks again.

I have this very harness on "The Bulldozer" and like it a lot. The only down-side I can think of is that it takes very minimal pressure on the latch to pop it loose. This is because it is designed to be operated in an emergency (fire) situation by someone who might be too injured to perform a complex de-latching operation. I have never had a problem with it, but...despite the above posts...it probably would be a horrible choice for a child or nervous passenger in a two-place.

I'm not sure I would want it in an acrobatic aircraft either, as it might be possible to bump the latch and unlock it at an untimely moment. This is going to be true of all seat belts designed for auto racing. Belts designed for aerobatic aircraft tend to be harder to unlock.

*JC*

No Choice Involved

No Choice Involved

Mikey likes it!

Attachments

• buckelup[1].jpg
    buckelup[1].jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
Them are some big straps if I do sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Yeeaaahhhh Baby...Strap me in..!

---------Thanks Robert...she's just happens to be my type...!------

@JC...
I think I'll double check that when it get's here JC...maybe a tweak here or there can tighten it up a bit.

Inexpensive is not always the best deal.

Inexpensive is not always the best deal.

I feel that the better quality seat belts will have an SFI 16.1 rating.

This is required for most competition because they have seat belts not work.

It can mean the difference between forged ends or stamped ends and adjusters.

It can mean the difference between a buckle that always works and one that doesn’t.

They also call out the type of thread and date the belts.

A cheep seat belt may not be the best deal.

How the seat belt is attached to the frame is important and if it is not done well it may negate the advantage of a quality seat belt.

Thank you, Vance

Thank you for your insightfull commentary Vance.

200 or more dollars is a deal breaker...and though $60 or even $99 may seem "cheap" to you, this will be a vast improvement over what it is replacing.

The machine this is going into is not the Space Shuttle, nor F-15, nor Indy ride we're talking about...it'll do just fine for the casual yanking and banking I'll put it through.
Besides...if I go down...it ain't the belt I'll need to sweat...it'll be 245 Lbs of solid Subaru engine behind me that will be the killer.

leme know

leme know

Hey Mike, let me know what you think of those after you get them. I need a new set myself and they look MUCH better than the ones I have on the machine. I need black to match the seat tank :)