503 rotax gyro motor mount and

taint

Aircraft
ultralite minimax airplane, ultralite benson gyro
a 52 inch, 3 blade prop wanted for my rotax 503 clockwise 2.58 gear box- benson gyro.i have a vw engine motor mount to trade for this;;; front and back part mount. or i will buy offers. thanks. attached- vw photos of mounts; mast mount made of steel and prop end -y- piece made of alum. ,sorry about photo, flat black paint needs to be cleaned off of the alum. piece.:hippie:

Attachments

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
IVO or Warp drive.

Ask Tim, the 503 should be fine if you keep everything light.

just an opinion,
but the top seat bracket appears to be made of copper tubing sweat-ed together. There are some holes in the mast that do not appear to be Bensen or Brock specifications. Although these machines seem very elementary in build, they are in fact very specific with regard to construction.
I hope you will post for more information before putting a 503 on your "Bensen" and flying it.
respectfully
mark

no pure alum. hell this thing has the old alum. tank holder made of straps of alum. this is a barn find im restoring. it still has benson manufacture stickers all over it. no copper sorry.copper is heavy .dont make sense. this seat was made for weave-ing the original seat on the first made benson gyros before your time.and what holes are you talking about in the mast?im totally confused about your reply. but thanks i might me wrong.

Last edited:
dude you are the best, i had the same idea on the vertical addition that you put on your tail; i am going to put on my benson, it was like reading my mind. your smart!

just an opinion,
but the top seat bracket appears to be made of copper tubing sweat-ed together. There are some holes in the mast that do not appear to be Bensen or Brock specifications. Although these machines seem very elementary in build, they are in fact very specific with regard to construction.
I hope you will post for more information before putting a 503 on your "Bensen" and flying it.
respectfully
mark

these seats alum. made came out in 1972 & 1973 . you can find one in the hall of history museum in raleigh nc they still have the gyro there, or you can pull it up on your computor just punch in benson gyrocopter on there site.its hanging in the ceiling and alum seat visible in photo.