Jerrie Barnett services

Kevin Morris

Total Flight Time
1500 fixed - 500+ helo - 600+ gyro
Lonny asked me to post this for him as his subscription to this group hasn't been processed yet.

It is with a grieving heart I must announce that a long time innovator and friend in the rotor wing community has indeed departed. Jerrie Barnett, inventor and designer of the famous Barnett gyroplane has left the runway for the last time on this earth, and is now flying in clearer skies. He passed into the hands of God on August 30th, 2009 in Yuba City, California after a short illness.

Services will be at 2:00pm Friday, September 4, 2009 at Chapel of the Twin Cities in Yuba City, California for all the friends that can attend.

Being Jerrie’s step son, I will do my best to ensure that his legacy continues.

Any prayers, condolences, or contributions would be appreciated. Lonny Ownbey - Barnett Rotor Craft - 4307 Olivehurst Ave, Olivehurst, CA 95961.

__

My thanks to the group for all the kind thoughts. Jerrie always took time to talk with the experienced gyro-nuts and novices alike, promoting safe and stable flying machines.

Kevin Morris

My Condolences to you and the family. We have lost a good builder, and a friend to us.

Jerrie was a true legend,in his own time,something that we all seek,but only a small
handful succeed! My condolences to the family for their loss of a loved-one who had the greatest respect of the gyro community,and beyond.. Big Dawg

Wow I really hate to hear this. another Gyro legand gone.

our prayer are with the family and friends.

My sincere condolences to Mr. Barnett's family. The gyro community was greatly enriched by his presence and designs.

I just read about Jerry's passing, I really liked visiting with Jerry and hoped to see him again this fall. My condolences to the Barnett family.