Colorado Dominator for sale

Still for sale?

Still for sale?

Rob, I haven't seen aything on your Dominator for a month--have you sold it, or taken it off the market? You said Denver/Boulder area, so I assume you are flying at about a mile high--what kind of ground run are you using for takeoff? I'm looking for something I can operate out of a 1400' grass strip at 6800 MSL. I am a bit lighter than you...

Thanks.

Hello Bruce. Thanks for asking. I do have the gyro and it is for sale. I haven’t kept up on the forum to keep the thread visible. I also have been playing with it more these days. My runway is 4800’ long at 5050’ MSL. I obviously don’t use the whole runway, but I have certainly used a third of it (maybe more on some occasions). I guess it should go without saying that this does not get better with increasing DA.

I wish I could speak on exact performance for your situation, but I haven’t flown at your weight in your location.

Best,

Rob,

To try to help Bruce. . .

Do you have any rate of climb figures/estimates at various DAs?

Thanks

Rob, I'm very interested in this. Is it still available?

For sale

For sale

Bump. Be the first to tell everyone the recession is over by buying a gyro...

Rob,

I think you need to bring that thing over the hill to Rotors Over The Rockies and fly it for folks June 10-12. Nobody in these hyar parts has ever seen a Dominator, 'cept in them big city magazines.

Brigham City Airport is only 4,229 MSL - that thing ought to be a rocket here! Even if it's not, on a 7,500' runway, every take-off will look shorter! ;)

Oodles of runway

Oodles of runway

Hi Paul. That's a great idea and it's an excuse for me to get a gyro trailer. I've been winding up the ship here and balancing on the mains to eventually get back up in the air again. Unfortunately, it snowed today.

7500' of runway there puts my 4800' here to shame. What would I do with all of that nice runway and all that thick air? I might run out of gas by the end of all of that.

It would be great to meet up with the rocky mountain gyro folks!

Best,
Rob