not really flying but still on the ground

LOL Dude I am a tinkerer not an artist hehehehe! But it's a good idea though. It would require something like airbrushing....... I ain't that! I can send it to you though :)

ROFL I know hehehehe. Oh well think little for once.... I guess solid yellow will have to do it this time :)

And a very surprising choice of color for the body of the stick...... was gonna go with pink first but the Queen says that would be too masculine. So first coat of paint is on :)

Last edited:
I want one, how much moola?

Jay Jay Jay ...... I'd make you one but it has to be specific to your gyro. I have measured this out and cut it out of cardboard. and clamped it to the stem to make sure it clears the seat. And than aluminum sides were cut blah blah blah..... What's wrong with your existing one? :) OK second coat is on. Looks better. I hope the 2 layers of clear coat will finish up the body of the stick. I bought rubberizing spray that they use for tool grips. I am going to rubberize the grip part and just to make sure my dirty hands don't show it will be black :) After that it's ready to be mounted :) Yaaayyyyy

Last edited:
Looks great. When you started talking about making the cyclic out of fiberglass I had my doubts but I think it turned out great.

Chopper, I was just fun-en with you, I don't need a stick, what I should have said is, it's a thing of beauty.

Tim thanks a bunch :) It has been an experience building something like this stick. I am gaining some first hand knowledge and understanding of the beauty of designing your own custom made stuff. :) Ed LOL I just stick with the yellow for now :) I still need to put the clear coat on it and the black rubber thingy. It will looks A$$ Kicking LOL. Jay :) you got to be straight forward with this foreigner :) Thanks for the praise. I was seriously thinking how I was gonna go by doing the next one hehehehe. Phewwwww you just saved the day for me :)

I'll take one too! I thought you was gonna form the "gabors cyclic composite stick company" llc ? :whip:

Alright all you anxious followers of this thread :) (yeah right) I am pretty much done with "DA STICK" and ready to mount it as soon as I get my Bee down and I can do a full aft on the cyclic so I will be able to leave some stomach room there :) And make sure fully strapped in my arm is long enough to push a full forward on it and not suffer carpet burn marks on my shoulders. Ok guys this is it till we get back from the Bahamas. 25th anniversary is here and I need to pamper the Queen. (God knows she does deserve it soooooo much.... 25 is a lot even if we talk about biscuits or hot dogs none of the less years to spend with Moi!!!!!) Instead calling it Silver anniversary they should name it inhumane treatment or life time achievement award :) Cheers.

Last edited:
choppergabor :
Now that is one heck of a stick. (Control) But it does look good to me....I am going to have to move my controls back a inch or two. When I come to balance I am having to reach to far FWD to fly in and seated position.

Gabor- Nice job on that cyclic. Go and have a good time with the queen on your 25th. We will be celebrating our 35th the day before. Stan

Gabor, go pat yourself on the shoulder for that nice piece of of work. It's beautiful!

Do you now need to make sure your CG stays put when you move the cyclic back and forth? ;)

-- Chris.

Good point Chris....he said the stick was light, but never gave out its weight. Gabor just may end up controling pitch and roll by stick weight shifting ;).