Anyone have a drilling jig I can rent?

WingNut

Does anyone have one of those drilling jigs that helps with the 3/16 and 1/4 holes, that I can rent? Its either that or I take the pieces to a machine shop, and I would like to build as much of this as possible. I will return promptly and cover any costs plus some cash for renting it. Would really appriciate it.

Does anyone have one of those drilling jigs that helps with the 3/16 and 1/4 holes, that I can rent? Its either that or I take the pieces to a machine shop, and I would like to build as much of this as possible. I will return promptly and cover any costs plus some cash for renting it. Would really appriciate it.

For the cost of transportation and paying the shop you can buy them from me.

$125 each plus shipping. I designed and build the jigs.

~~JAKE~~

I'll take one, too, Jake.

I'll send you a PM... please respond with your address and a total amount to send to you.

Thanks, GaryMac

Well looks like I am still looking to rent one of those jigs. Once again, I will return promptly, take care of it as if it were my greatgrandmothers and take care of any costs plus rental fee. Thanks!

I'm hoping Brian was able to locate a jig.
IF NOT....com'on guys...if Ya' got one to Rent out please step forward.

I'll personally vouch for Brian....he's a man of his word.

He needs the Jig for the square tubing so he can drill those babies correctly.

If you have one of these, please PM him and work a fair rental out with him so he doesn't need to blow a wad on JUST the jig.
(money save he explained to me is being used for ground school).

Thanks ....
M-M

So if I build one to rent ,what would be a fair price?

How long will you have it for?

What type of security goes to renter? ( if not shipped back)

There is alot of time in the jig since I have no C.N.C. machine,everything is done by hand.

Let me know what is fair to you?

Jake

None of my business, BUT! ...

None of my business, BUT! ...

Jake, you're a very practical man so I'll address this in a practical fashion.

The deposit should equal the price. Period! If it is not returned, he (they) bought it!

If it is returned in a timely fashion, the price, minus rental fee plus shipping and handling cost, is refunded.

Just my two cents worth. :yo:

Thanks Mike, I appriciate the post.

I have gotten the 1/4" holes drilled, now I am looking to get the 3/16" ones done. So that is the jig I am looking for, 3/16" for the tubing on a Bee. I am really not sure what the fair rental price is, and I would hate for ya(Jake) to build one just to rent to me. I was hoping someone had one laying around on a shelf, just itching to be lended.

Full price deposit (or whatever) is fine with me, I don't intend on stealing anyones jig. Just wanted to drill some holes, not rip someone off.

If there isn't one avalible, I will just buy it, don't waste the time building one to rent. I was more concerned about having to buy 2 jigs, but now I am only searching for the 3/16". I will let ya know in a couple weeks if I will need to buy one, and sooner if I don't. Thanks, I appriciate the help.

Why not buy the jig then you can become the rentee.

You can buy a "drill rite" jig for drilling tubing. That what I used on my landing gear.

Grant, I saw those for sale at Aircraft Spruce, looked like a handy lil tool.

I ended up buying a different gyro and put my project bee on hold, so I no longer need to do so much drilling. I would like to give 2 people special thanks, cuz both gave me offers beyond what I had expected. One fella let me use a Jig, free! Worked great, thanks man, that was awesome!

Another guy offered to let me use his shop, help me do the work, FREE, and also let me stay at his house while we worked on the project. Absolutly amazing! I just wanted to give you two a extra thanks, that was really cool. Even though I am putting that project on the back burner, those deeds certainly won't be forgotten!

Oh that's right Brian, brain dead again ... I knew that! Very cool!!!
I hear they are the best BEE design too!