Fathers day Huey ride!

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Mama Gyro is the best wife a guy could ask for, She treated me to a nice lunch and a ride in a UH-1 Huey!
The rides were provided by the Army aviation heritage foundation, the same ones who put on the Cobra airshows.
It was really awesome, we sat in the gunners well on the side, best seats in the house!
IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

Atlanta Motor Speedway.
IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Cobra!
IMG_1786.jpg

Very nice, looked like a blast.

Scott- What a cool gift you will never forget. The way I love helicopters, I would go nuts getting a chance at the controls of those 48 foot bamboo cutting rotorblades. Stan

fathers day Huey ride

fathers day Huey ride

Scott I know that you made a special memory that you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

Norm

Yes it was very cool, I want to do it again,
The foundation is very cool they have a new website that is very informative, They are about 30 minutes from my house, I wish I had more time, I would love to volunteer to help out.
They provide tail number info about each aircraft, the one we flew in was tail# 104

OUR AIRCRAFT - Serial No. 68–16104

Accepted in July, 1969 by the U.S. Army from the manufacturer, Bell Helicopter Co., the aircraft was sent directly to Vietnam where it was placed in combat service by September with the 191st AHC. It remained in Vietnam until January, 1971 and flew a total of 1269 combat hours until it was returned to the United States.

1971–72: 5th Army; St Louis, MO

1972–75: Aviation School; Ft. Rucker, AL

1976–95: Alabama Army National Guard

1995–98: Storage

1998 to Present: Army Aviation Heritage Foundation

Note: The aircraft has been restored back to the Vietnam combat era as it would have appeared with A company, 229th Assault Helicopter Bn., 1st Cavalry Division (Air Mobile).

Specifications

Crew: Pilot, Co–Pilot, Crew Chief, and Gunner

Engine: Lycoming T53–L–13 turbine, 1400 shp

Speed: 127 MPH (maximum)

Range: 299 miles

Armament: Two door mounted 7.62 mm M–60D Machine Guns.

You da man , Scott. Great gift from you wife. Thanks for posting pictures.