DeWalt Top 17 Contest

BloomingtonMike: I can see your pictures....but mine are not coming up again. Last night....or I should say early this morning before I went to bed for 5 hours all of the pictures were up. I am sure they will get it figured out.

By the way Mike...your project is going to be very interesting to follow. Megan is going to have one nice Christmas gift!

Stan

They have the DeWalt site fixed now.....and the four hours that I frustratingly
tried to upload pictures was not in vain. They all came through.

Check here at www.dewalt.com/Top17

Stan

I may have spoke too soon. Now the site is showing just squares with red x's. It must be a server problem as I have had several commenting that they see my pictures sometimes..then just the red x's.

www.dewalt.com/Top17

Stan

Mike: That website seems to be intermittent. Vance has seen the photos...and I dont have the best IPS...but they were all up early today...then turned to red x's.

I sent an e-mail to DeWalt as I also noticed others showing red x's.

www.dewalt.com/Top17

Stan

The site seems to be working here. I am running an old windows 98SE with Mozilla browser. But I did notice they have changed the site. The pictures of the seventeen are in different positions.

Attachments

• Dewalt.jpg
    Dewalt.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
Jeff: The site is intermittent...but it is working as of a minute ago. The 17 pictures of us are randomly jumbled everytime you log on. I am sure they are doing this to be fair to all...instead of say having the same person in the upper left corner all the time.

www.dewalt.com/Top17

Stan

Stan--Just checked -still dont work for me--when I click on project pictures all I get is ablank framed area with a red X in the upper left hand corner--

Scott: I dont know what is going on. It has been coming up on my computer, yours...and a few others...but most are getting red x's . Who knows?

www.dewalt.com/Top17

Hello Stan,

I saw the pictures before and I see the blank spots with the red Xs now.

Bummer!

Thank you, Vance

Now suddenly the pictures are all there, except for the second but last entry:

I would like to show two other stairways that I have recently built...

There seem to be several pictures missing in that entry. I find it very strange, that things come and go on this site.

Kai.

Stan,

I see yours now when before I didn't.

They must have fixed it, whatever was wrong.

But the other guys pictures are not comming up now.

Anyway, very nice job there.

I can see now that the curved stairs save a lot of space and I like how each level has a very open and wide entry/exit space to the stairs.

I'll keep checking the site regularly now.

Those other guys better start kickin up some dust.

Last edited:
Hello Stan,

This morning I am getting everything but 2/17/08 7:48:46 7:48:46 PM. Those squares are little with an x across them.

Your pictures look great!!

Thank you, Vance

Last edited:
Today I tried Explorer six on the old 98 box and discovered that all pictures are loading with the exception of the "I would like to show two other stairways that I have recently built." Those pictures are not displaying.

Checked the Mozilla browser and although it is not displaying the red X, the pictures are not there either.

I made my first visit to the site today and all things were working just fine. I can not begin to imagine how one creates such works of art.

Stan--just checked --got them all --looking good!!

Thanks guys! They seem to have the bugs worked out of that site now....and a few of us are getting some pictures loaded.

Obviously I like to post pictures. I will say one thing...and even if I come in 17th place....I will never regret for not trying hard. I have been out there in the shop almost everyday at 5:30 a.m. and staying till 5 p.m. The day just flies by as I am burning off the biggest adrenalin rush thats ever gone through my veins. I absolutely thrive on competition....and the outcome really isnt the most important part...its the journey. Of course I would love to have the cherry on the cake....but this cake sure is tasting good!

Thanks all for viewing and encouraging me on. Hey..its 5:30...time to get to the shop!

www.dewalt.com/Top17

Stan