PRA Logos

Tom do you have a picture or image of that logo that you could post on the forum????

Tony

My logo - for me!

My logo - for me!

Not that this is adaptable to the current discussion, but here is something I made to put on T shirts for people who fly with me down here.

I suppose the only point I want to reiterate is that the image on a logo needs to "say" gyro - otherwise the visual communication is lost. We recognise Coca Cola even when the type face is used for any other product - it has to be the same with a gyro/PRA logo, it has to at a glance say Gyro!

Attachments

• JJ LOGO FINAL color.jpg
    JJ LOGO FINAL color.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Not that this is adaptable to the current discussion, but here is something I made to put on T shirts for people who fly with me down here.

I suppose the only point I want to reiterate is that the image on a logo needs to "say" gyro - otherwise the visual communication is lost. We recognise Coca Cola even when the type face is used for any other product - it has to be the same with a gyro/PRA logo, it has to at a glance say Gyro!

Oh yea! Thanks what I'm talk'n about. I want that as a shirt!

Good on Rob!!

IMHO, PRA's current logo isn't really a logo, it's more of a seal. The little representation of a gyroplane in the middle might be a logo.

It's not a gyroplane, it's a rotorcraft (maybe you just can't quite see the tail rotor)

Even though most of us are gyro folks, we can't forget our powered rotor friends (right Stan?)

It's not a gyroplane, it's a rotorcraft (maybe you just can't quite see the tail rotor)

Even though most of us are gyro folks, we can't forget our powered rotor friends (right Stan?)
Yaw Mon, were all rotorcraft guys, I like both!!!

I guess we should also vote on changing the name to the Autorotaters International!

Ok that idea sucks but it is what we all have in common. The only difference I guess is I know I will autorotate and the helo guys pray that they will?

John something like this as far as images to use for the logo? I had drawn this gyro (no shark teeth!) :) Would this be a style I can probably do all the known types.....

Last edited:
I like the logo we have now.

I like the logo we have now.

I read the entire thread and I am not sure what it is about.

I like the logo/sticker we have now even though it looks like an RAF and I fly an open tandem.

It seems to me it is sufficiently generic to not exclude any particular configuration of rotorcraft.

I feel it is recognizable even in the midst of a cluster of other stickers.

I like to see pictures of gyroplanes from long ago that have a PRA sticker on in them.

I feel like I have joined a continuum of rotorcraft history.

I hope we don’t abandon this logo.

Thank you, Vance

@Vance

Some want a new logo Vance, but that's not the purpose of getting many new ones.

PRA would like to go into the Patch, Decal, and shirt business to raise more funds in every area selling folks a PRA logo with their model gyro on it and other new cool designs.

We are just trying to survey and come up with designs to sell.

Last edited:
John something like this as far as images to use for the logo? I had drawn this gyro (no shark teeth!) :) Would this be a style I can probably do all the known types.....

I missed this post Gabor, yes that's what we're talking about!!!

What do you guys think if Gabor's logo was a patch of your model rotorcraft would you buy and wear it?

Last edited:
I missed this post Gabor, yes that's what we're talking about!!!

What do you guys think if Gabor's logo was a patch of your model rotorcraft would you buy and wear it?
concedering I have never see a shirt or patch with a helicom Commuter helicopter on it, yeah I would buy one or maybe more then 1 if the price was good.

John, Tim, come up with the models you want to see a graphics of and I'll make them. Tim if you want a commuter could you get me a nice pic of it so I have something visual to go by? Thanks. Keep in mind I have to simplify it for the cost of it. More colors more money to have them printed...

Tim if you want a commuter could you get me a nice pic of it so I have something visual to go by?

Gabor, check out my restore thread of my Commuter Jr. you will see a pic of mine landing.

mine is Blue and white.

white airframe, blue with white trimmed cab.

link to my thread is below.

Gabor, check out my restore thread of my Commuter Jr. you will see a pic of mine landing.

mine is Blue and white.

white airframe, blue with white trimmed cab.

link to my thread is below.
K got it Tim.
Give me a bit of time and I'll draw up something for ya. Of course it won't be as rough as the red one. I made that in 5 minutes even the wheels are square on it hehehehe. It was only to show a style of drawing. Your's will be looking sharp I promise.
Cheers

@Vance John et al

I like the current PRA insignia just fine too. I think its evocative and iconic and modern looking.

Perhaps an assortment of styles might make for more sales though?

I like what John has started in that there will be a very secial patch for volunteers. Kind of like merit badges. Perhaps with enough kinds there would eventually be status in having many to show....

but here is the chicken and egg part again....
in order for that to matter there needs to be a healthy growing org with members who give a rats canasta....

Last edited:
@Rob, Yes our group is too small to pay to produce and keep an inventory on hand of all the designs I'm trying to create.

So I thought that we would NOT pay to have them made until they are ordered from PRA's new online storefront. Our cost is nothing if the artwork is donated.

Pick a picture and you can have it made right now, but if we haven't had an order before and none on hand, then it like ordering a custom patch of 1 and if you still want it now then it will cost you are cost to make one for you and we'll pay to make some inventory too.

OR they can order it and choose to wait for others who want it also. Two orders and the price will go down by half, 3 folks ordering it and 1/3 etc. By simply waiting with others for a week, month, or year, cost will become reasonable or until the group cannot stand waiting anymore and says ...screw it we want it we'll pay to have it done now!

We only print for actual demand for each one as the market pays us to. But once printed the cost for many is very cheap so we create extra's for PRA to keep in inventory at the new lower price from now no.

This is the only way I could figure out how to give folks what they want with such a small group without being stuck with a lot of unwanted inventory.

Sorry this explanation is the 1st time extracted from my head and it not very close to what I mean I'm afraid.

Also written very quickly I've got to go back to a meeting... later.

Last edited:
Here's my KB-2 I'd like to get made into a patch.

Attachments

• KB-2 gyro.jpg
    KB-2 gyro.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0