Not allowed to fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote by Ron A "He then got mad and packed up and left, swearing he would never return." If that is not pissed off then what is?

I just took the facts and had a opinion, SOOOORY! I guess I am not allowed a opinion, is that what you are saying?

Bear in mind ( pun intended... ) that I said that that was my understanding of how it went down. This was from a conversation I got with another pilot and friend of Bears on Monday, during a phone call where we were talking about what he thought of his first trip to Mentone..... He brought up the Bear issue and told me what I posted here, said it was messed up that no exceptions were made to allow him to fly. It is too bad Bear didn't ask for help with the issue from others such as myself as I feel sure I could have tracked down Tim Oconner or Joe Swanton and got him a personal briefing.

IMO we should all go out of OUR way to find out what the rules are at any fly-In to make sure we know them. NOT the other way around and expect the organizers to personally hand delivery the rules to us. That I think is a given, and if you think your above all that then you are a person thinks he/she is above the rules that everyone else is expected to follow.

I took the opinions of others to form my opinions of this event thats all. If I hurt some feelings sorry but some things need to be pointed out that are so obvious to others.

Poor Bear was not apart of this Thread and it maybe a different story then what everyone has said. He should come on this Thread and speck his mind without others telling his side for him. My opinion maybe off about this guy but that is not how it was presented by all of you. I was a outsider in all this and can only go by what I read and that is MHO!

I worked real hard putting out this little grass fire with Bear.....and felt like I got it down to just barely smoldering. I know more of what really happened and Bear had a right to be mad. There is another huge reason we need to keep this guy happy...but I am not at liberty to say at this time. In due time, it will be talked about. Why would Bill have offered to shut the whole airport down for him. This picking on him wont help.....I want him back at Mentone. ......he is a real good guy. I think I am a good judge of character.

I will invite him back while visiting his booth at Bensen Days 2010. If this banter dies down...like real quick...I may be successful getting him back.

Stan

Last edited:
How good of a judge of charter can you be Stan, you hang out with me?

Thanks for helping to tame the bear. (Vance this is a joke?)

Oh Shuuuu !!!!!!

Oh Shuuuu !!!!!!

Rules are subject to being changed at any given notice, it was said for the "Clime to Time" Thingy.. (read it,, in print) as kids we called it
Niga ball.. Yes, the "N" word..

Now it's called, Uh ! hell I don't even know anymore..

The rules,, What Rules.. he coulda slipped thru the cracks and No One wuda noticed...

Really.... :p

If BEAR HADA been pissed,, He da Cleaned the place out....

"Now Go the Hell on and Apoligise"

It appears all the facts are not known. Speculation seems pointless.

Maybe this Thread should be close down we don't want to hurt poor Bears feelings. You guys are something else, give me a break.

Don't think it is just poor Bear's feelings. He is a big supporter and contributor, and yes one does look after those, there are few enough.

Come On "T"

Come On "T"

Maybe this Thread should be close down we don't want to hurt poor Bears feelings. You guys are something else, give me a break.

Bears a Big Ole Huggy typa fellow.. You'd like him... Really..
Looks like Sanny Claws with a Mr Clean Hair "Do"

brings presents to all da Lil gyro nutz...

Lives rite above Bull Dog Ugga's town,,, Athens Georgia.

eats corn bread and chitlins,,
and flies bigole piller cases witha ceiling fan pushin him... honest

Ok, Look Guys, I was parked next to Bear all week & you could`nt ask for a better Vendor. I was amazed to what this Man had to offer to our Sport. He told me he wanted to Fly his PPS but was denied. I pointed to Air Boss Bill & Said (Quote) Go talk to Bill & see if he will let you Fly after everybody else is done for the Day! If he did not take my advive I don`t know, But rest assured I know Bill Well enough to Say that Bear could have Flown if he took my advice! He Did Not! So Stop the Spectulation & move on!

We are going to get whiplashed now so hang on.

Way to many rules and regulations and burocrats in aviation and too many people sitting at desks telling us how best we should fly "for our own safety" They like to say "We have rules you know."

Along comes The United States of America with a great plan. Allow the Free American to build whatever he wants in his back yard or garage and let him do whatever he wants , as long as it causes no harm to his neighbor. Officially we will call it the homebuilt category. Very few rules. Freedom to fly.

Things go along pretty well and after many years a whole bunch of these homebuilders get together and form a club and buy an airport. They called it Mentone.

Pretty soon there are almost as many rules as landing at LAX. Nothing wrong with any of that. But just remember we are trying to combine oil and water. They will never mix properly.

The do it yourself homebuilder did his thing to avoid busy airports and busy rule makers. Yet he is drawn to a large gathering of like minded aviators , and finds many rules to follow. He is between a rock and a hard place but wants to be there anyway..

Officially we will call it the homebuilt category. Very few rules. Freedom to fly...

Arnie, sorry, I'm afraid you need to brush up on US aviation regs. There are MORE rules restricting flying experimental amateur-built aircraft than there are for standard category, not fewer.

The idea that homebuilders in general, and gyroplane enthusiasts in particular, don't play well with others in busy airspace is a generalization that gets gyro pilots kicked off airports.

The rules at Mentone are there to protect your neighbor from you, not to protect you from yourself. Let's ask Matt if he would have preferred fewer rules there this year.

looks like you Know Jack Squat.....

looks like you Know Jack Squat.....

Tim,

I am not here to impress anyone.

See, there you go again. Ears shut, mouth a running. I am tired of educating you and others.

Since you have been around so much longer than I . I will leave it to you to recall all the various events where these things happened. (and what the consequences were) Seems like the depth of your knowledge is way more than mine.

I personally, feel I have never been mistreated, other than in the early days was unable to get an intro ride at Bdays and ROC..... Boo hoo ho. But like I previously said, it is inevitable that someone goes home unhappy.....it is just pra form that person be an important one.

It looks like this time you DID piss off a vendor. (Tina......don't worry, you need the special [english to PRA] mentality dictionary to understand what they really mean and how they mean it....) ...........

Consider how many vendors no longer show up at Mentone....But whatever Mentone is for the vendors right ?

and Bensen Days is for the pilots......

go ahead, now shoot mouth off, ignorance and all. :bored:

I only use the PRA as an example of what NOT to do, and how NOT to act and how NOT to run an organization.

I got a great idea, maybe they can post the rules on the back of the outhouse doors...?

J

That's just you J.

Whats next J?

-PRA dinners give people gas?

-Are you in character promoting the new TROLL movie? :der:

It sadly appears that no organization can be as well run as the automan fan club, but at least we are continually reminded of what we can aspire too :rolleyes:

A wonderful experience!

A wonderful experience!

I attend the annual convention at Mentone because it is always a wonderful experience.

I have always been treated well and I always learn a lot.

The food was great!

I saw many people working very hard to make it a memorable event and Ed and I pitched in to count the unusually high voter turnout for the board of directors.

We helped wherever we could and working for the PRA helped us to feel part of the event and multiplied our enjoyment of the convention.

The food was great and many people worked very hard to make it happen.

There were a lot of people there with diverse agendas; in my opinion it is inevitable that some will not be as satisfied with the experience as Ed and I were.

The vendors add a lot to the event and I have purchased a charger for my radio from Bear Perkins. He has a gregarious personality.

They Amish had the best ice cream I have had and Ed found a new pen pal who is a quilt enthusiast.

Rick had some great new things to show and he is always an inspiration.

Ernie is always great even though I have bought very little from him and he is still resentful about the industrial spy thing.

The CFIs were great with many lessons to be learned.

I look forward to next year.

Thank you, Vance

. . .and next time you need to fly at the spur of the moment, look out for the "Personal Breefer" to get you updated before you depart on to the blue yonder . . .
thanks
Heron

I attend the annual convention at Mentone because it is always a wonderful experience.

I have always been treated well and I always learn a lot.

The food was great!

I saw many people working very hard to make it a memorable event and Ed and I pitched in to count the unusually high voter turnout for the board of directors.

Thank you, Vance

My apologies to Vance for "chopping up" his posting.

In most National and local elections I will see a progressive and maybe a final tabulation of votes on the candidates or the individual ballot issues.

I'd like to see the final tabulation on the BOD elections, per candidate, please. Would this present a problem?

Thank you.

Cheers :)

My apologies to Vance for "chopping up" his posting.

In most National and local elections I will see a progressive and maybe a final tabulation of votes on the candidates or the individual ballot issues.

I'd like to see the final tabulation on the BOD elections, per candidate, please. Would this present a problem?

Thank you.

I'll see if I can get them and will post a new thread, if I can find out!

Im on the phone with Bear NOW, Yes he did make the noon day briefing, and was later told by Bill that he could fly.. He just wanted to demonstrate his aircraft within the airport property.. The last hour of the day and at the most 10-15 mins.
PERIOD...
However Bear was already packed and ready to go. he never said he would Not Return.. But his feelings was hurt, and Bear was the person that donated the radio which was raffled at the banquet.

So for my part,, I will purchase what I need from Bear Perkins if he has it in stock and I will vouch for him if he needs one..

Steve McGowan

Thank you, John.

I and I believe many others would appreciate your efforts.

I'll see if I can get them and will post a new thread, if I can find out!
A motion has been put forward to publish the election results in the magazine and the members only section of the new website.
It may take a couple of weeks to get a quorum. As soon as the vote is taken I'll let you know.:focus:

Status
Not open for further replies.