9-11 lets us Never forget

Prebgyro, I do question our government but there is a time and a place to do that! .
Please tell me when that time and place is? A free speech zone? We wait until the dust settles with more dead and THEN discuss it?

I have served two tours in Viet Nam and Desert Storm. Now, my son is serving as did his uncles and grandfather. To do this you must have strength of character and a desire to do what is right even when other might deem it wrong. You site the 911 conspiracy, Tonkin Gulf and Mei Lai. Oh yes, there was also the Roosevelt operation to get us into WW2 and Wilson's rounding-up American with German sounding names put them in prison camps during WW1. How about the "Trail Of Tears" pushing the Cherokees across the country to Oklahoma. America is evil in your eyes just have enough character to give a little respect where it's due.

My family too has "served" and I won't go into a list. It seems you have looked into things of the past as well. So do we repeat history? And you also use that word... conspiracy of which fact dispells. For 911, facts on both sides of the argument are lacking, so there is no complete truth and conspiracy on both sides. And we acted or reacted without all the facts. What could we do about it? Bush said to go shopping...

I also find it insulting that you claim you know my mind and character from a blog entry. I guess you view anyone who has a different opinion and questions at ANY point in time sees America as evil and is unrespectful.
I'm glad I know military families with long lineages of service who are not of that mindset and question while their family is at risk.

Your character is evident by your dogma and circular logic. Unfortunately, I've heard it all before from organizations like SDS and their ilk. I don't believe that you or your family would sully yourselves to wear the uniform of this country. I also don't believe that you have the metal to do anything but bellyache and show disrespect to those who do. Again, I don't believe that you know other military people because they would not associate with your venomous malignate attitude. You are a disgrace!

Thanks Joe. :) Clayton Nelson thank you for you service to our country. You are the very reason people can still freely say what's on their minds. Even if it is a disgrace. I am glad we still have your kind of exceptionally brave and giving men and you are still in the majority. This is my chosen country and not my native so I appreciate everything that is being given to me. And what you are doing is exactly that. Giving to me whom you don't know and have never met but you are giving me regardless. I don't have the entitlement mentality as so many do who were lucky enough to be born here. Therefor I'd like to thank you and I salute you for all that you do. May God keep you and your fellow brothers safe.:usa2:

Thanks Gabor,

I will certainly pass on your message to my son, again thank you! This my son on the right just before he left for Afghanistan. The young man on the left as been removed from the unit due to an IED explosion which left him deaf..

Attachments

• P6040286.jpg
    P6040286.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you Joe, my deepest appreciation to all who have given and to the ones who are still giving. Bless you all.

9-11 is a special remembrance of a tragic day in history. It was tragic for those of us who suffered through that day and the many month's that followed. It really isn't about the why of it, but the shear terror and profound sadness that followed. I watched 243 brethren firefighters die that day, it changed my life forever. I can't and won't ever forget that moment in history regardless of who 's responsible.

Russ Hobbs

Last edited:
It's funny when people use phrases like, "No other steel building in history....." and use that to base their reasoning on. After all, engineers designed those buildings so they couldn't possibly fall down. The armchair engineers are all experts on structural integrity. Here's a video of another engineering marvel. It also was designed by engineers. No other bridge in history....

YouTube - Tacoma Narrows Bridge

Love the Tacoma Narrows bridge-Too light for the winds-But the WTC was a one of a kind building,and the elevator shafts were nonsupporting (core) it was a freespan floor plan maxamizing space ,Wall to wall open space...trusses from wall to wall no columns like a conventional building. And A large thank you to all those in the military. Now I'll keep it simple for the liberal mind set.1. we have more libertys in the u.s. 2 Islamic true belevers have to kill nonbelevers(us) to go to heaven 3. We were ATTACKED and carried the fight off our shores.4.Gravity and high structures don't mix. 5 to show weakness to the enemy invites war.6,If you hate the U.S. you are free to move to the country of your choise.

2 Islamic true belevers have to kill nonbelevers(us) to go to heaven

Hillberg, have you got a reference for that.

Not being funny I just want to read it for myself. I work with over 50 Muslims, I consider tham all friends and they all find 9/11 just as terrible and sad as we do.

They do not interpret the Koran to say they must kill all non believers.

:flame:I know some middle easterners (Iran ,Egypt,Jordan)and they fled for there lives for being of a differant faith:wacko:, Didn't some Christians get beat up in Malasia this week?:argue: I wish the organized nut bags would cool it for the rest of us....:rip:

:flame:I know some middle easterners (Iran ,Egypt,Jordan)and they fled for there lives for being of a differant faith:wacko:, Didn't some Christians get beat up in Malasia this week?:argue: I wish the organized nut bags would cool it for the rest of us....:rip:

Not sure exactly what you are talking about at the start and I havn't hear about any Christians being beaten up in Malaysia this week, maybe they did maybe they didn't.

I am sure a quick trawl of the press in UK and USA will show a number of Christians being beaten up and or murdered by other Christians so lets keep the discussion civilised and to the point.

Ahhhh website that attacks Islam, not really a reference in the real sense of the word is it. Websites like this just make the situation worse and are their own form of terrorism.

I was hoping we could have a sensible discussion on terrorism and the causes but obviously that will not be possible.

Take care fly safe.

Karl! How many times did you see the word "Islamic" or "Muslim" used in conjunction with the word "terrorist" in the news coverage of the 9/11 anniversary? My experience was that the role of the wonderful, serene, peace-loving, woman-stoning and decapitating religion of Islam in the attacks was grossly downplayed. The word "Islamic" was pretty much absent any teleprompter or news script. The centuries-old Islamic custom of building a mosque at the site of great Islamic victories. Now that some Americans are resisting the construction of this mosque we're being threatened! We're actually being told by the very people who want to build this victory mosque that if they are not allowed to proceed with the construction of a monument to Islamic terrorism America is going to face a violent backlash! "Look, infidels. We want to build a mosque where Muslims from around the world can come to celebrate our great victory of America on 9/11. We want to celebrate the deaths of 3000 people at the hands of brave warriors for Islam. If you try to stop us we will just kill more."
Somehow that's not working for me. It is time for the truly peace-loving Muslims to take back their religion that was hijacked by radical goons. Where do you find in our constitution that we have to be tolerant towards anybody? I really don't understand you or your way of thinking. I hope that your so called Muslim friends (don't forget they are required to lie to the infidels) will have mercy on you when the anti American protest flares up nearby you! You think you are going to be spared? Good luck buddy. Go ahead live in your virtual reality but don't cast a stone on the ones who recognize the importance of the situation and act up on it!

Karl! How many times did you see the word "Islamic" or "Muslim" used in conjunction with the word "terrorist" in the news coverage of the 9/11 anniversary? My experience was that the role of the wonderful, serene, peace-loving, woman-stoning and decapitating religion of Islam in the attacks was grossly downplayed. The word "Islamic" was pretty much absent any teleprompter or news script. The centuries-old Islamic custom of building a mosque at the site of great Islamic victories. Now that some Americans are resisting the construction of this mosque we're being threatened! We're actually being told by the very people who want to build this victory mosque that if they are not allowed to proceed with the construction of a monument to Islamic terrorism America is going to face a violent backlash! "Look, infidels. We want to build a mosque where Muslims from around the world can come to celebrate our great victory of America on 9/11. We want to celebrate the deaths of 3000 people at the hands of brave warriors for Islam. If you try to stop us we will just kill more."
Somehow that's not working for me. It is time for the truly peace-loving Muslims to take back their religion that was hijacked by radical goons. Where do you find in our constitution that we have to be tolerant towards anybody? I really don't understand you or your way of thinking. I hope that your so called Muslim friends (don't forget they are required to lie to the infidels) will have mercy on you when the anti American protest flares up nearby you! You think you are going to be spared? Good luck buddy. Go ahead live in your virtual reality but don't cast a stone on the ones who recognize the importance of the situation and act up on it!

WOW sorry I spoke..

"You don't understand me or my way of thinking"
Now there you are right, all I wanted was references so that I could look it up and find if it was true or just a bad translation.

So that you do understand me more.

I am British and was brought up a Christian.
I do not believe every web page, newspaper headline or what is spouted by any preacher of any religion, I am my own man with my own mind. I look for references and do research in an attempt to find the truth. I do not blindly follow the crowd.
I served in the military and fought alongside American troops for OUR beliefs and freedom. As I served in the 80's and 90's I know what terrorism is, I have seen it up close and personal, I lost close friends.

A little research shows that all countries and religions have their terrorists, this does not mean that everyone from that country or religious belief is a terrorist. Most everyone in this world is peace loving irrespective of background. Those that follow terrorism are few and far between, we should not paint everyone with the same brush.

Take care fly safe.

All I did was ask a civilised question.

I wanted a reference so that I could research it myself.

I do not have any intention of getting into a fight about beliefs.

I am out of this one.

Take care fly safe.

Karl, I'm sorry this is taking the direction it's taken. The problem with the Internet talk groups is people attacking each other over a perceived difference of opinion or thought. Everyone here needs to apologize, but it's not likely to happen.

Karl, I'm sorry this is taking the direction it's taken. The problem with the Internet talk groups is people attacking each other over a perceived difference of opinion or thought. Everyone here needs to apologize, but it's not likely to happen.

Not to worry Russ, you have to have a thick skin if you use internet forums and an even thicker one if you want to comment on a political or religious subject.

I had heard the comment about killing unbelievers before but have never seen it anywhere, I suspect it is a dodgy translation of a historical text.

I saw it as an inoccent question, I apologise if it offended anyone, it was never my intention.

That is the end of it for me and I really am out of it this time.

Take care fly safe.