New Sherriff in town....

Oh DANG! There goes my brilliant marketing ploy. I was going to start selling goats in the Off Topic section. Maybe baby donkeys and elephants during political campaigns.....Buyer pays shipping....

Still, saves me having to call UPS and figure out their goat-rate.

Congratulations, Ron!

*JC*

Well, who died and made you :spy:

:help:

:p

:boink:

Well, it makes sense, Ron. You are always here anyways, you never post anything with any real political bent, so why not?

And politics on the Rotoryforum? It belongs in here just as much as snow in Georgia in March. GOOD GRIEF! IT"S )(*&^( Y )%$#!$%@ SNOWING OUTSIDE! I am not kidding, it is mixed with the rain. catch my drift ? Oooh, bad pun police alert.

Does this mean we'll be seeing Christmas in the Hood again? Just joking Ron, thanks for stepping up and volunteering to help.

I like Ron, but the post at the top of the Off Topic section SUGGESTS not discussing politics. It was not a mandate. Also, it has been mentioned before thet the "off topic" area is exactly where such discussions (politics) belong. I have mentioned that those who don't want to read that stuff should exercise the personal will power not to read it and keep their mouth shut. Anything other than that, Ron, is censorship. I hope you see my point.

Otherwise, congrats!

Ron:

I'm really impressed on your participation of your endeavors.

But I am some what disappointed. I would have bet money you would have said something moRONic about my thread!!
I know I am one of your Pet Peeves,so
Remember , you have the right to personal attacts on me, you have the right to stick to your sarcasm in my threads and you have the right to your moRONic opinions when it comes to me.

I've worked hard to gain your disrespect and would not like to have it anyother way, so please don't change just because of your new position.

Jake

rased eyebrow !!! mine is stuck up in my hair line and won't come down:suspicious:

Stuck ?

Stuck ?

rased eyebrow !!! mine is stuck up in my hair line and won't come down:suspicious:

Quit exaggerating, Greg.

I'll bet they're unstuck by Bensen Days.

"won't come down" - Pshaaaw!

Oh ya, Congratulations , Ron.

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone is congratulating me... It is just a job, and being that I am here alot ( too much really....) , only makes sence that I offer to help out.

Jake, are you okay?

LuftCarl, I suggest one of you guys who seem to have more to say in the " political " threads, than most other areas of the forum, to open a new forum just for discussion of politics. We can post a link here on this forum and make it a sticky, and then you guys can tear each other apart... or keep on complaining about Obama and how the country sucks, they are going to take away our guns, etc... etc.... etc.... etc.... etc.......

Personally I am majorly against censorship, and have probably posted more questionable things here than anyone else. I was the one who got Todd to make a off topic section to begin with, so we could truely go off topic and discuss anything.

The problem is, that back then when the off topic area was started, there was far more activity in the rest of the areas of the forum. Important discussions on stability.... Important discussions on new designs of gyros, helicopters, and sub systems on our machines..... There was Lot's of build threads and modification threads....

The focus of the forum was on flying and building, not 10 page threads about gun control, or which party would do a better job in congress, etc...

And that is where a large part of the forum activity seems to be now. Not only that, but just like discussing religions, there is rarely a time where everyone can discuss something without hurting someone elses feelings or making them mad.

Things were out of control by the time we had our election, and it has slowed down somewhat, but rules are rules and Todds rule sticks.

There are a slew of political related threads open right now, and I am not going on a moderator thread closing spree. But if I recieve private complaints ( as I did today about a thread about Obamas 1st 100 days ) I will likely close it down, till told otherwise by Todd or Mike.

Some of you guys should focus some of this energy on building a gyro instead of continuing on about how bad our country is. Imagine if just 10 percent of the people on this forum decided instead of spending so much time on the off topic area of this forum, and instead went out to the garage to drill some holes and cut some aluminum to put together a gyrobee or some other affordable gyroplane.... We would stimulate OUR economy. Over 200 rotorheads would need to be produced, Ernie would have to hire more help to cover the 200 sets of Dragon wings that would be ordered, Warp drive.... Aircraft spruce.... Azusa.... StarBee Gyros.... the list would go on and on. Then there would be 200 more modern safe gyros out there, tons more to show up at the fly-ins, to be shown locally to give more exposure to our sport, PRA chapters would be active again, PRA membership would rise, The forum would be more addicting than crack with all the build threads, etc.... etc.... etc.......

So again, no big deal, just wanted to start a thread letting you guys know what I am up to, and if you have any problems or complaints, I will do my best to help you out, and keep everyone happy.

Ron, I appreciate your take on the subject of politics, I'm glad it's over, Thank You for taking a stand.

OK Ron, due your duty, thread in off topic, (new assault weapons ban)
Dale just told me to go to hell:flame:

My question is will there continue to be off topic cross postings of ebaums world "don't watch this at work" fodder from Fratboy Ron followed by a pirouette and quick change into Sheriff Ron armed with invisibility paint and lock 'n block grenades to use on his mission to keep other peoples off topic crap at bay.

I'm OK with that Larry...

Larry, if you noticed, I deleted the Ebaulms world fodder on the bottom of my signature line. Did it just for you.... :)

So where are you at currently as far as rotorcraft goes? How about a thread showing the progress you have made on your project?

Last edited:
Larry, if you noticed, I deleted the Ebaulms world fodder on the bottom of my signature line. Did it just for you.... :)

So where are you at currently as far as rotorcraft goes? How about a thread showing the progress you have made on your project?

He did make a good point Ron. Have fun with this new position.

It's still in mothballs Ron- doubt I'll ever finish but you never know. Thanks for asking.

Jake has a nicely priced 503 you could use... Time to sieze the day Larry. None of us are getting any younger!