KY Wannabe

briarjumper12

My uncle has a Dominator and now I have been bit by the bug. I've always wanted to fly and over the last month I have got spend about 4 hrs. in a friends Piper and now I've got to fly something myself. I am going to Mentone next week to hopefully take a ride with Steve (my uncle's instructor) to make sure I want to pursue building a gyro. I'm afraid I will like it too much, there goes the bank account.
Can't wait for my first flight!

Greeting and Welcome to the forum and more fun than should be legal.
Warning rotorcraft are addicting!

Look forward to meeting you at Mentone, please come up and introduce yourself.

It's hard to miss the beard and hat!
See Yaaaaaaa soon!

My uncle has a Dominator and now I have been bit by the bug. I've always wanted to fly and over the last month I have got spend about 4 hrs. in a friends Piper and now I've got to fly something myself. I am going to Mentone next week to hopefully take a ride with Steve (my uncle's instructor) to make sure I want to pursue building a gyro. I'm afraid I will like it too much, there goes the bank account.
Can't wait for my first flight!

Welcome to the sickness. I have been infected all of my life. Beware if you are married a gyro can cause A.I.D.S.( Aircraft Induced Divorce Syndrome). Good luck I look forward to meeting you at Mentone. I will be the big blond guy under the Dominator tent.

Welcome!

Cincinnati and Dayton have some active flyers. Send me an email if you want to be on Chapter 40's email list.

I recently sent info to a PRA member in Kentucky who was wanting to know how to form a PRA chapter. If you are interested then pm me and I'll give you the guy's email address. I have no idea what part of the state he is in.

KY Wannabe,

Look me up at Mentone I live in Somerset. For the rest of you I'm only about 50 miles away. Be glad to share my passion with you.
I'll be flying a blue Xenon.

Welcome John
I'am flying out of Bardstown, would your uncle be George Croley? I hope you do get the bug and build a gyro perhaps some day we could bring chapter 33 back.

Hardy,

I didn't know there was a gyro flying in Bardstown. I would love to fly up sometime in my Gyro or plane and meet you.

David,
If your at Mentone on Sat. I'll look you up, or let me know sometime your flying to Bardstown and we'll meet up.

Hardy,

I do plan on being there Saturday. Look forward to meeting you.

Welcome John
I'am flying out of Bardstown, would your uncle be George Croley? I hope you do get the bug and build a gyro perhaps some day we could bring chapter 33 back.

That would be my uncle. He's a great guy but I have a feeling in the future my wife may blame that Aircraft Induced Divorce Syndrome on him LOL. She already has trouble dealing with my other addictions...fine firearms, knives, and motorcycles.
Thanks for the great welcome and I look foward to meeting you guys at Mentone. I may not get to stay but a day but I have a feeling it will be good one.

hi,David
yes that's me!
Headed to Mentone thur -sat.
Hoping to get John bit so I'll have someone to fly with,about lost intrest,
been doing the fix wing thing,so i need a ride with Steve to get be back into
the Dominator,George

You are going to fit in well here!!

What kind of bikes do you have?

Sadly I have only bike at this time. A 2003 Suzuki Intruder 1500. Its a great bike but I looking at trading it to something dual sport. Ifn I was a rich guy I would go with BMW R1200 GS Adventure but seeing as how I ain't a rich guy I been looking at the Suzuki V-strom 1000.
Here's a pic of the Intruder.
069.jpg

KY Wannabe,

Do you hang out at the Williamsburg Airport? If so tell Jessica "Airport Manager" I said HI. I was the Chairman of the Board of SME when Jessica was the airport manage here.

Small World!!

I am selling my 1999 BMW R1100s (Sport Tour with locking bags) because I just bought a Suzuki VStrom 650.

I looked at the 1000 but several people told me the 650 handles better.

If you know anyone who would want my BMW I am asking $4800 for it.

3695241771_bbd5f5c8cb.jpg

hi,David
yes that's me!
Headed to Mentone thur -sat.
Hoping to get John bit so I'll have someone to fly with,about lost intrest,
been doing the fix wing thing,so i need a ride with Steve to get be back into
the Dominator,George

I can only make Mentone on Sat. hope to meet up with all you KY guys .

Small World!!

I am selling my 1999 BMW R1100s (Sport Tour with locking bags) because I just bought a Suzuki VStrom 650.

I looked at the 1000 but several people told me the 650 handles better.

If you know anyone who would want my BMW I am asking $4800 for it.

3695241771_bbd5f5c8cb.jpg

You'll have to give us a report on how the 2 compare. I will keep my ears out for anybody looking for one. I have actually looked at the Buell Ulysess series as well and they looked great too. Depending on how Mentone goes I might be forced to put my motorcycle exploration on hold until I get a gyro built.

KY Wannabe,

Do you hang out at the Williamsburg Airport? If so tell Jessica "Airport Manager" I said HI. I was the Chairman of the Board of SME when Jessica was the airport manage here.

I have talked with Jessica on 3 visits to the airport and she seems to be a real sweetheart. I stopped by there today with a friend of mine to see what all was in the hanger and Jessica was out by the fueling station with the pot chopper...very cool! Those guys stay busy around here.

Hey Guys I am a new guy to! Looking at a mini 500 or something similar in that price range. I am a Firefighter and have always been a bit of an extreemist and I think this maybe my newest addiction. I want to be able to fly and land at my house, not taking huge trips just flying around close to home and work. For those of you who have "bikes" I'll ride with you also. I live in Milton, KY about halfway between Louisville and Cincinati right on the river.
Matt