Save the planet one gallon at a time and RV pool with me to Mentone

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
I have a RV now and looking to see if anyone wants to share a ride up to Mentone from Charlotte NC in August? The RV drinks gas faster than you can put it in and I would love to have some help with the fuel bill for this trip. Bright side is the RV has a huge fridge so a cold beer is only mere feet away and you can take a crap at 65 mph, so that is always fun!

You could hardly swing by my place on the way? Ill supply the cans...:wave:

Attachments

• guinness 24.jpg
    guinness 24.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
My girlfriend and I were going to drive, but if you are coming through the Dayton area, we could help out with gas bill. Be nice to be able to do some Gyro talk too since I am new to the sport...

how many gyros can you trailer? (I expect I will go alone...sniff)

I plan to leave for Mentone on the 2nd or 3rd of August, and come home on the 9th. I only have room for one gyro, mine... Unless you have a extra long trailer that would hold two machines. Dayton is not too far out of the way, if my dates work for you I could pick you up no problems.

I have only used the RV once so far, drove it with the family to a dirtbike Race I did earlier this month, and we ran the generator alot ( which draws gas from the trucks tank ) I averaged the MPG and was not happy with the 6.4 mpg I came up with! I would guess that without running the generator the mpg would shoot up to 7.5 to maybe 8 mpg, but Mentone is a 1400 + mile round trip for me, giving me a 430$ at best to a 530$ at worse fuel bill to get to and from Mentone. Not to mention another 100$ or so for my camping fees and registration and whatnot. No problem, Mentone is worth the bucks, but heck I figure if someone else is headed that way and my dates and so on work, it might be a win win for both of us.

He11 yeh Ron! Just swing by and pick me up! :)

Are you going? You should.... you would like it up in Indiana. Your a little outta my way or else I would pick you up, but I am a little less than half way for you if you seriously want to go.

Are there any hook ups ay Mentone for the RV's or is it dry camping only? I'll be heading there for a couple of days with a travel trailer.

Are there any hook ups ay Mentone for the RV's or is it dry camping only? I'll be heading there for a couple of days with a travel trailer.

They have electric spots. Call ahead for availablity.