Thinking about selling

DanielM

Total Flight Time
I'm thinking about selling my gyrobee. I completed it just before I started college and due to time/money constraints I have not been able to fly it. I feel it would be best to give someone else the chance to complete their dream of flight than to let it sit. I am not getting out of aviation however, this is just a temporary departure till my life settles down. I'm still not a 100% sure I want to sell, so I'm makeing this thread to see if there is any interest.

Gyrobee Ultralight

Asking Price: $7000

Rotax 447 w/ approx 20hrs
Rotorhawk 24ft blades
The origional Watson Tail

I have a trailer that I'll throw in for free but it needs new tires.

email me at: daniel.craig.morrow (at) gmail.com

Attachments

• 100_1009.JPG
    100_1009.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 0
Daniel,
You've come so far to sell it and start over. Even if you don't fly it while you're in college it will be a lot easier to just have lessons to start than a complete aircraft. Run the engine regularly and stick it out. If you really need the money for school and have to sell it for that I can understand. I just hate to see you have to start all over later on.

Daniel,

First I want to compliment you on your workmanship. This is a beautiful aircraft. Secondly, i agree with Tim; coming from someone who can't fly because of my situation with the military and my current overseas tour, even though you may not be able to fly at the moment, doesn't mean that you should give up your aircraft. I'm having a hard enough time getting the gyro that I just bought home so I can fly it when I get back from this tour. My last duty station, I had lots of time and opportunity to fly, and chose not to most of the time. I have found since, that when you don't have the opportunity, you want sooo much more to be able to. It's just something to consider. If you really have to sell, then so be it, but if it's not a need, please reconsider.

Hold on to it Daniel!

Sometimes you have to "hangar" things for a while to get past time and money pressure. It is part of life. You emerge from forced "hibernation" in much better shape if you are able to hang on to some of your life before you put your head down.

I remember your build. It was exciting. You were excited! How do you sell that?

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I think I'll hang on to it for now.

The funny thing is, I was talking to a friend after posting that and he to me his parents had a hanger at the local airport and that they would probably let me keep it there for free. As much as I talk about flying and needing a place to keep it he just now tells me this? Way to drop the ball there buddy:rolleyes:.

Didn't drop it Adam, just very late catch. Positive side is he has told you before you sold it. Smile and accept the offer.

You won't regret it, time will come when you will enjoy that bird you built.

Due to some personal issues I am going to have to sell the gyro. I would still like $7000 but I am willing to negotiate.

As I said earlier, this I will not be gone from rotorcraft. In fact I just got a new internship designing them! But money is an issue right now and I must let her go. If all goes to plan, when I graduate I should have a decent start on my career and will start work on building a mosquito.

when I graduate I should have a decent start on my career and will start work on building a mosquito.

Welcome to the Dark side..lol Powered Rotors Rule! just ask Stan..lol

that is a nice Bee,hate ya have to sell it.

The Mosquito is a very nicely designed helicopter and the Mosquito Air is a true ultralight, what more can a guy ask for.

Keep us posted and of course if ya get a Mosquito kit, we look forward to a build thread.

It's a shame you have to sell your machine. I've been in the same situation before (other things besides my gyro) and later looked back and wondered why I sold something just to turn around and have to buy another later. Once it's paid for it doesn't cost anything to keep but sometimes you have to do what you don't want just to make it through. I'm sure you will have no problem selling it, I've posted it on our chapters forum as well. Please post more pictures and give more details, it'll help it sell. Does it have airworthiness certificate and has it flown yet?

Best of Luck

if you haven't ever flew or flew in a while, go take a ride, even if its not in a gyro just being in the air might spark that fire! ;)

Heres a link to more pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/112100009079029266262/Gyro4Sale?feat=directlink

Animal:

Having powered rotors was always my end goal :). The gyro was supposed to be a intermediate step.

Mike:

The most I've done was balance on the mains. After college started I was not able to continue my flying escapades do to money and time constraints. I built it as a ultralight. I'll admit it is a few pounds over because of the rotorhawk blades. But if someone wants to be a 100% legal all the would have to do is sell the rotorhawk and buy some bensen or dragonwing blades.

RedBaron:

The spark is still burning bright. There are just things more important things I need to take care of (like staying out of dept in this crappy economy and helping the family).

That is a nice looking bee, I wish you luck in selling it. I think if it had a 503 I would have jumped on it myself.

I put an amount on Red's thread. I am not trying to be a d**k, but the same for this machine. If either of you consider it, I will look closely at the machines. If you don't, I understand completely, that's just all I can put out for a 447 powered machine right now.

Phil, are you trying to build up a fleet of gyros? :)

The fact that I haven't bent one yet is a complete mystery. I had someone compare me to a 2 peckered goat the other day. Still no lottery winner, though. The day I win the lottery is the day I stop flying or petting gators.

Phil