dynacure

Pro;
-easy construction

Contra;
-drag
-nervous behaviour
-some weight gain

to name a few.

Would it feel a little more stable when both wheels were dependant of each other, sharing the same axle?

Kind regards,
Willem

Attachments

• twin wheels.jpg
    twin wheels.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
Unless the gyro was so nose heavy that you risk blowing out a single tire, why would you want two?

More weight and drag.

Dual nose wheels can be a corrective for shimmy. See Pazmany's landing gear book, volume 1. (You need his landing gear book if you are going to design landing gear, and you don't need anything beyond junior high math to do it).

You can get it from EAA, Aircraft Spruce/Wick's/etc., or here:

http://pazmany.com/books/books.html

Cheap wisdom. (I don't believe Volume 2 was ever published, unfortunately).

cheers

-=K=-

There is always a reason for a designer to do something his way.
But sometimes others can't see why he made a certain choice.

Makes sense, Kevin, but I am wondering if the designer of this particular gyro
had this specific reason?

Kind regards,
Willem

a tad more ground stability perhaps ? sure wouldn't be much
Bob.....

Intuitively only...
Seems plausible on smooth runway, but might get squirrelly on a rough (grass ?) strip. If only one wheel was in contact with ground would it "pull" ?

realy easy to construct as compaired to the conventional fork
I suspect the idea behind it was to aide in ground stability
8" wide up front is more stable than 2" wide ,but its far to narrow
to do much in that regard.
Bob......

On second thought it will not necessarily weight more; this could work with less wide wheels and a bit more trail to make it more stable.
But never as stable as a conventional setup...

Kind regards,
Willem

Last edited:
Most likely the rotor will pull you over if things go bad and then you just have four wheels pointing skyward instead of three. Sure wish some one would make me an offer on my J4B

Martin

The gyro is in Jerri Barnetts hanger in Marysville CA. Taking up space. I am sure Jerrie can help us out. I am willing to take almost anything! Nice machine but I have moved on to a Savannah ADV fixed wing. Pretty close to a gyro and no rotor to manage.

Martin

Dang, flying in Hawaii would be super cool! I lived there for a little while, But I was into surfing back then, Surf in the morning, go to work, fly in the evening, all year 'round, I'd be in heaven! :)