Good write up on the Helicycle

Dave- Thanks for posting this. I never met B.J. but I have met the three guys that are being interviewed and are now enjoying their Helicycles very much. Joe Loxtercamp flew his to Mentone last year and it was a treat to watch, hear and smell! I had asked Joe to fly in and he made the 1.5 hour flight to Mentone. Joe is an extraordinary guy to talk to. Probably the most laid back person I have come across. He is very methodical with his decisions to do something. He thought long and hard about the Helicycle and he made a good decision. I have learned a lot from Joe in the short visits I have had with him.

Mark Whistler is in the bumble bee colored Helicycle that I got on the front cover on the PRA magazine a few months ago. Mark has the highest number of hours in the Helicyle by just passing 400 hours in it. He loves that machine and Mark also is a wealth of knowledge for me to tap into. Mark freely admits that he is over the max 220 pound pilot weight limit of the Helicycle. I was told that B.J. was very conservative on weight limits and there are many flying with pilots heavier than 220.

The third pilot interviewed just completed his ship and I saw if flying at Homer Bells last summer. Great guy and I just havent really talked to him at length. I do know he was very pleased with his Helicycle.

The hardest part about building a Helicycle is the long wait between shipment of parts....but after watching these videos...I am reminded once again it will be worth it all when my "when is my next shipment coming whine" gets drowned out by the whine of my Solar T62 when it finally starts up the first time.

Stan

Your going to have way too much fun! I'm currently installing vertical and horizontal stabs to my XE3, should be back in the air in another week.
Looking forward to seeing your Helicycle make it's maiden flight!
Dave

Dave- Have fun getting back into the air. I have been grounded long enough!

Stan

Your going to have to much fun with that machine Stan, something tells me it will soon be a flight of 4 with those guys.

will be looking forward to the days of logging on and hearing of your adventures with these guys.

Tim- I will be flying with those guys at Homers next year. I am looking forward to that nice cross country from Illinois to Ohio. I am chomping at the bit to get that Helicycle out in the new room and start aggressively back in on it again. If you notice, it is in my character to either be on a project 100%, or just shelve it until I can be. Once I get that room done..I will be back to putting in the parts I have received for it in the 2nd shipment. Thats the transmission...tail rotor...tail rotor gearbox...and tail rotor driveshaft. My guess is I will be waiting on my 3rd shipment...but I hope I am wrong. Once the 3rd shipment comes....I will have 90% of the parts with only the last shipment of the turbine engine itself.

Stan

thats going to be great Stan, Now to get the hanger done and get it moved into it.

looking forward to more build pics soon. I wold have more on the Scorpion. but MIke has failed to bring the plans and rest of the parts over yet,plus it is 11 degrees here today.

As soon as Mike brings those parts I will get back to the Scorpion build.