Income Tax is VOLUNTARY!!!

The 16th ammendment says; "Congress shal have the power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,from whatever source derived,without apportionment among the several states,and without regard to any census or enumeration"
Justice Bowles said that profit or gain,severed from the captial however invested or employed. In other words,if you take your fed notes, invest and make a profit then the profit was taxed, not the wage. This has been proved in the U.S supreme court. However now the supreme court will not hear a income tax related appeal. I know this for sure. Been there done that and have the tee shirt to prove it!

For all you Nay Sayers.... the income tax is not a direct tax apportioned by the constitution therefore they are illegally taking your money. but they have bulled folks so long and gotten away with it that they make there CODE law and claim they have the 16th amendment to back them up when the vote was never ratified.

How was it not ratified?

The various states did not vote and ratifiy the 16th ammendment as was supposed to be done.Several states refused to vote it in as law.

Bud,

An amendment does not have to be ratified by all of the states, only 75%.

When the 16th amendment was proposed, there were only 48 states, needing only 36 to ratify.

42 states (87.5%) voted in favor of the amendment, 4 against (8.33%), and 2 didn't vote at all (4.16%).

No matter what the truth of it is, and even if you were able to prove your case, if it were a trial by judge you'd never win, and if it were a trial by jury, composed of people who pay their taxes, your chances are close to nil too.

Bud,

An amendment does not have to be ratified by all of the states, only 75%.

When the 16th amendment was proposed, there were only 48 states, needing only 36 to ratify.

42 states (87.5%) voted in favor of the amendment, 4 against (8.33%), and 2 didn't vote at all (4.16%).

Mike,
I'm not doubting what you've written, but kindly direct me to the place where you got your information on this vote result.
Thanks,
Trez

You can use the laws against them, a little.

You can use the laws against them, a little.

Sorry guys, it's an urban myth that the 16th amendment wasn't ratified and has not been upheld as law by the supreme court as law of the land in almost every case even with a jury trial unless your a super star (like the guy who just got off, sorry I never store actors names in long term memory, it's a waste of space).

I have represented many before the IRS who made this claim most hadn't paid taxes in 5 to 10 years or more, some filing 0's on the tax return to try and escape the penalties.

No one ever won a single case (9+ cases) in front of the jury that I have real life experience with. After the trial I asked the jury and they said, "We have to pay taxes why should your client?" (yes it legal to ask the jury after its over, just takes guts if you just lost)

My bother’s brother-in-law believed this and was just busted for the same thing Jan 2007 after 7 years working for standard oil as a driver and paid no income taxes. He called me and wanted me to represent him and as he said teach the IRS a lesson. I told him I have been telling you and telling you that you are full of crap and I even sent you the cases where the author you were following went to jail twice for the same thing what makes you think anyone understands his theory better than the author of this nutty theory.

All of the authors of this crap have done jail time, and the new ones will, check that little fact out.

But there is no debtors prison either, he owns very little for them to take so we just wrote a very nice letter explaining to the IRS that was something like this:
---
That he was misinformed and followed very bad advice that I now realize were lies.
I am truly sorry and feel bad for not paying my full share when everyone else could figure out the truth but me. If I had the money or any credit I would borrow the money and write you a check today.

But as you will soon see from your forms I’ve attached I only have 175.00 left after all payments and notice there is zero for personal expenses at that.

I will pay you back but all I can pay is $100.00 per month or starve to death.

Please except this 1st $100.00 dollars as the first payment of many and as soon as I earn more money I will increase the payment at that time.
----

He got a threading letter back saying he had to pay much more than that or else!!
I told him write a letter back saying OK he would send what he could.
He is still making just the $100.00 payment and they probably will do nothing as long as he never misses a payment, as this is what has historically happen to all of my clients in the past that have done this many times.
The interest is terrible, so this is a loosing deal unless you come up with a cheaper loan after a 11 months or more of paying them so little and then make an offer in compromise to pay 10 to 20 percent of the debt and ask them to wave the interest.

This (offer in compromise) happens everyday, so as bad as they want you to think the IRS is, there is another side of the NO debtors prison that disarms them if you never miss even a tiny payment the computer doesn’t flag your account to be looked at by a human IRS agent. Make a large deposit in your checking account and the next month they will attach your account so don’t do that, just deposit you normal check and keep the balance very low every month and they about go away except for computer letters.

Last edited:
The 16th ammendment says; "Congress shal have the power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,from whatever source derived,without apportionment among the several states,and without regard to any census or enumeration"
Justice Bowles said that profit or gain,severed from the captial however invested or employed. In other words,if you take your fed notes, invest and make a profit then the profit was taxed, not the wage. This has been proved in the U.S supreme court. However now the supreme court will not hear a income tax related appeal. I know this for sure. Been there done that and have the tee shirt to prove it!

Again I point this out,Only the profit is supposed to be taxed! The frn's [federal reserve notes] that you collect is compensation for your time, talent, and labor. Not supposed to be taxed.However you will never win in court.Thank God that I had a judge that belived as I do. He had to follow the federal guide lines and sentence me but only to probation for six months,and of course he had no say in what the IRS did afterwards. Ten years and $179.00 later I was "off the hook" Broke but off the hook.

Bud, you are right about everything you've said about the IRS. There are so many ways to attack the income tax, and I believe many of them are valid. The problem comes when they ignore and or intimidate you and eventually you end up in court. If you end up there, you're pretty much completely screwed. A jury will almost never find you not guilty (you didn't pay your taxes, did you?) and neither will a judge. There has been a lot of scripture quoting on this forum lately, but I just have to add this one because I think it is very appropriate to this topic.
Luke 12:58-59
"For while you are going with your opponent to appear before the magistrate, on your way there make an effort to settle with him, so that he may not drag you before the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison.
"I say to you, you will not get out of there until you have paid the very last cent."

Moral: STAY OUT OF COURT!

I can't be of much help as it was way over 35 years ago I investigate all of these claims looking for a way for all of my clients to get out of paying taxes legally. Could never find a way that was legal.

Spend more time thinking of ways to earn yet another source of income is time better spent, than ways to spend or pay less for anything. My time is worth much more than money.

You can find case law that they wrote to stop me from buying bankrupt corporations for $100.00 to $2,500.00 and adding their $50,000. to $200,000, in losses for the year on their books to our profit reducing our profit to a loss on paper for tax purposes and we even received a refund for three yeas back. Its the way the fools wrote the law at that time, as there was no at risk law.
They wrote the AT RISK law because for 3 to 5 years none of my clients paid income taxes at all, legally.
When I showed up for trial in LA's District Tax court for the first client they met me at the door and said they were dropping the case as they didn't want to set a legal precedent, and that the law would be changed. I thanked them and said, well until they change the law I will keep following the one we have now. Have a good Day, See Yaaaaaaaaaa!
Very prod of that one, I just told the idea to many other accountants about it or it would have lasted much longer as the IRS is very slow.

PS:
Maybe teaching it to everyone at the convention on the 4th year wasn't such a good idea to us personally as an afterthought. Oops, just trying to share.
The truth is; I was young and really probably trying to show off how smart I, thought I was, (seemed important back then) more than sharing and that's what really got me, PRIDE! That stupid Bible sure has a lot of common sense in it, it's always telling me; I told you so!!!

Last edited:
Here's the IRS's official positions on many tax claims. Like John says, the claim that the sixteenth amendment was not ratified is considered frivolous and in practical terms is indefensible in court.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=120802,00.html

Bud's statement that only the "profit" is supposed to be taxed, but that's not the purpose of an income tax. An income tax taxes... income, naturally.

I expect that Bud got this idea from someone he trusted, who got it from a book or a radio program. And he still believes it, in part because of the psychological law of primacy (we tend to believe the first explanation we hear, even if we hear a better one later). There are some very slick charlatans out there who sell people on these tax schemes. It should tell you something that most of them are not in tax trouble, because... they pay THEIR taxes even while telling you not to pay yours.

And yes, when the income tax first came out, it targeted only large incomes; it has since crept downscale to where most politicians rave about "soaking the rich" they mean raising taxes on middle-class couples who both work.

Guess what? To make the Social Security System whole, they're going to have to add (if they do it now) another 12.4% on everyone making $100k or more. If they wait longer, they'll have to raise the tax higher or set the income level lower.

The problem is, like a lot of these people I read about facing foreclosure on houses, the government (spelled Congress, mostly) likes to spend money on shiny things and never worries about where the money's coming from. We've just seen a sitting Senator indicted on seven counts of corruption, but the prosecutors could easily have had 100, counts that is, or 100, Senators -- they're all free with your tax money because of the money it brings in to them personally.

In the long run, a government, like a business or a family, has to live within its means. The US already has one of the highest tax rates in the developed world (and if one of the Presidential candidates implements his tax program it will be the highest, bar none). Our corporate tax is the highest in the civilised world. Exxon Mobil, for instance, pays 41% on its profits. (In much of the world, oil companies are state-owned and pay bupkus). Our average corporate tax is 35-36%. That and Sarbox is why there were no IPOs on NASDAQ last quarter (!). By piling taxes and regulations on corporations, politicians seek to hide the true cost of government from voters.

Your income tax isn't half of it. If you work for a company, the Social Security and Medicare taxes you see are only half of what you're actually paying -- the company pays the other half for you. Money they can't give you in salary (if you're self-employed like me, you have a better handle on what bite taxes really take).

Our combined tax and regulatory burden means that you worked for the Government, Mr and Ms Average American, until July 16th this year. That's not a sign of a healthy economy, and wait till the pols get their way and the "rich" have a marginal tax rate of 70+ % again. What that does is, incentivize those who are not rich to stop trying to get rich (bad for the economy), and incentivize the rich not to invest money here (worse for the economy). You're never going to get a job from a bum, you get it from a wealthy man or woman, or from a company that has a vote of confidence in the form of investment, from the wealthy or at least those with enough surplus wealth to dare invest.

cheers

-=K=-

No Kevin, It is not something that someone told me.I had the issued by the goverment printing office, a rather large book for years. I loaned it to a accountant some years ago and sence have moved from the state. I don't know if I can get it back or not, I'll try.

This may not be the best place to post this, but.....

This may not be the best place to post this, but.....

Too long to read...........
Too good not to................

(Go to the next post for a good link............Thanks, John)

Last edited: