Fly-in Camper, for a real man! BillyGyro here you go

With his reference to Marlborough man it probably smells like an ashtray.

Wish I had the $1,800... I always have liked the old Dodges and 77 318 is an tough engine. I had a 77 panel van that I drove to texas and back pulling a trailer to pick up a home build plane with and it was an easy trip.

thats a good price for that one.

if it smells bad just open all the windows and spray it down with lysol, Trust me I know. my old rectrans RV a guy lived in for 2 years that smoked. eekkk

animal,

Yeh and nuthin sounds better than a Dodge 318 with duals.

But unfortunately I'm a 440-3 tall block type guy all the way.

I have been wanting to build a T-Bucket Roaster for years with a 440-3 engine.

When they blow you better have some deeeep pockets if you want em back together though.

A 318 is still pretty easy to come by in the junk yards.

Mopars rule

Mopars rule

Oh trust me I know, I used to drag race mopars, I stuffed a 383 with 440 heads into a gremlin. I also many years ago had a 70 road runner with a 440 in it with the dana 60 rearend and the pistol grip shifter.

The key to this camper with the 318,is when it gets to 125,000 miles, it's time to change the timing chain. I also learned that it you put an adapter on the 318 to mount a rochester (sp) quadra jet carb, if you keep your foot out of it. you can get about 19 m.p.g. out of one.

now that heavy camper you will be lucky to get 10 m.p.g.

another trick is, it you need more pulling power,look for a set of the double J truck heads, they about 2" valves in them,great power.but will kill the mileage.

like I said,wish I had the money for that camper.

Attachments

• image2385.jpg
    image2385.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image2383.jpg
    image2383.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image2419.jpg
    image2419.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image2405.jpg
    image2405.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
I had an '86 Dodge van I towed my racecar to the track with, all over the country. It had fold-down bench seating for beds, face forward or back, dining table, and a 360 that wouldn't quit. I put 240,000 miles on it. Once day the water pump bearing gave up and the fan went through the radiator. I drove it until it siezed, 2 or 3 times, to a town where I could get the radiator repaired. After that it burned a quart of oil every 600 miles. Bid deal. THat's the only problem I ever had with it. My next Dodge was my '03 Durango I got as a lease with a great buy-out at the end. I love it. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

hey Mark,
Did you see this truck when I put it here a while back? I bought it on eBay. It's a 75 with a 440 and it is a sweet running truck with no rust or damage and like new inside.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
Bumperdog,

Oh yeh I saw that sweet ride.

I had one almost just like it.

I had a 1978 Dodge D100 short bed 4x4 with a big ole slant six engine in it.

I got got stupid one day and cut the top off because I wanted a convertible.

And my brother dared me to do it and egged me on for about a week.

That truck ended up being the biggest eye catcher in town, actually the talk of the town.

It was not too fun in the rain though.

I regretted cutting that top off a-lot.

Had A/C but man that sun would cook the tops of our heads on hot days.

I got tired of it and sold it.

It was fun while it lasted though.

Now I have convertible Geo Trackers for when I want to go do some night time country riding with the top down.

animal,

Oh yeh I love those AMC Grimlins too.

I'll bet that sucker was fast fast.

I have a 440 with transmission now that I'm saving till something comes along.

yeah I had 13" wide dirt track tires on it and it would fry them,I also broke 2 sets of home made wheelie bars.

Bumperdog, nice truck,at one time I had a 74 ramcharger with 440 and the removable hard top,it was a former border patrol truck. had a roll bar in it. when crusin with the top off,I would have girls that like to hop in and ride down the street standing up and sometimes flashing there tits. aahh to be young again..lol how time changes us all.recently saw one of those girls. she is now fat and ugly.

animal,

Oh but I bet that honey is still good though.

It's OK to sneak up on em at night.

Just don't let your buddies catch you.

For me FAT = warm in the winter.

For me Ugly = a bug free house.

You would be surprized at what some of those fat n ugly girls got to throw on you!

Grandpappy used to say, the one you turn away just might have been the best you ever could'a had.

Oh trust me I know, I used to drag race mopars, I stuffed a 383 with 440 heads into a gremlin.

Animal,

I always wanted to put a 440 in a gremlin with cutouts for full open from the headers or a very quiet exhaust system for street. They were such a Geekie looking car. But settled for a 68 RS/SS Camaro.