Welcome Mat

My name is Kevin Boydon just a youngster at 34,A michigander, ive always been interested in Gyroplanes, actually since that Mad Max movie, but it wasnt until recently ive decided i might be responsible enough to learn how to fly, im going to start with my fixed wing pilots license but i will "progress":) to gyroplanes im sure,thanks for the great forum i hope to do alot of research and one day be a valuable member,

Chau
Greetings Kevin and welcome to the forum.
This is the place to learn about rotorcraft and FW as we've got some of the best experts.:plane:
Glad you can join in on the fun!:cool:

Just posting in here to say hi again. :wave:

Been a while since I last lurked. I've been watching da YouTube and its killing me. Its going to still be a few years before I can fly again. But I'm getting closer. I miss flying. I really miss the rush of nailing a landing.

And yes, I'm still wanting to build a Monarch.

this is my first post anywhere,ever.i have 21 hrs solo on my drop keel benson type(3drv)gyro,503 powered.this is an old thread,i assume it is still active;being a welcome thread.i have had rides with steve mcgowan,dave seace,gary kinslow and others...life is good !. i tend to sign in,but also lurk.as stated,i have never posted,but wanted to say hello,rob.

Robert and Robert welcome guys. Lurking is good but posting is better :) Welcome aboard.

Greeting Rob and Welcome to the forum. What kind of rotorcraft are you dreaming of?

this is my first post anywhere,ever.i have 21 hrs solo on my drop keel benson type(3drv)gyro,503 powered.this is an old thread,i assume it is still active;being a welcome thread.i have had rides with steve mcgowan,dave seace,gary kinslow and others...life is good !. i tend to sign in,but also lurk.as stated,i have never posted,but wanted to say hello,rob.

Rob, Do you go to Bensen Days?

oops...sorry for lack of reply guys,its been years since i have been to benson days,work always messes up my leisure schedule.i trailer queened my gyro there in 2002 i believe it was,the same one in my avatar.i was also there with no gyro in 2004.i took lessons with dave seace in 2005,went home and flew the pattern the next day.last december i put a few hours on it,landed,went to restart it;no fire.my 503 is old.1989 or so and runs nippendenso ignition and mikuni carbs(snowmobile)had trouble finding a cdi box.found one last week and put 4.5 more hours on the gyro....a slow process,but again,work gets in the way.i will resurface and see you folks in person again...i have no aircraft ownership aspirations beyond gyro's...the dirtbike of the skies,rob

mitt11

mitt11

Hi to all, I am a newbee. My name is Michel Gratton from Onoway Alberta canada, a millwright by trade. Would love to learn to fly, researching as much as I can before purchasing.

Welcome, Michel. As part of your research find an instructor and go for a few flights before you purchase.

Yes good advise, we have one trainer here in alberta Jon Pridie. Does anyone know him, and is training specific to each make and model? Why i am asking is it would limit me on a purchase. Now with zero tolarence at the border, with any kind of criminal record impaired or otherwise we are considered a thret to your homeland security. So I can not get training in the U.S.

Last edited:
Hi all and merry christmas to everyone! My name is James Babcock , im from north central kansas and am interested in bensen gyros. My friend and winter boss has one that he purchases last year and we have been working on it of and on to get more aquainted with them, and to fix obvious problems with it. The previous owner drove it into a windbreak of evergreen trees and its never been ran since. We have tried to start it but it just pops once in a while , weve never been able to get it to run . He had the carbs rebuilt but it acts like its out of time or something. It has a mac engine. Does anyone know anything we can do to get it to start? I dont really know much about the firing system or what to check. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome James, I'm Michel Gratton also a newby looking to get into the sport. Your engine problems WOW, depending on the impact it took, it could be as bad as a broken crank. If the prop was badly damage I would be starting from scratch and open it up. Not familiar with your set up, I'd drop the oil pan & pull valve covers and inspect it. Turn it over by hand watch valves to see if any are sticking, could indicate a bent valve stem ,then leading to timing chain. If its a 2 stroke engine then forget all that.

Hello all i'm a newbie. i'm Phil Gareau found this forum a month ago and love it. been reading old &new post heretrying to learn all i can.I have only Questions and no answers.Iwould loveto get one of these flying machines, had a Piper Pacer 30 years ago and would like to fly again.I live in Bellingham Ma. and have yet to see one fly by. There dosn't seem to be much Gyro activity in the northeast.I own and work as super on a 9 hole family operated golf course, this gives me 9 runway options on a slow day LOL.

Hi phil, I'm a newby as well and looking at machines. Check out barnstormers.com theres a couple of gyros for sale.

Hello everyone, newbie here looking into flying gyro’s and learning more about them. A little about myself, my name is Kent and I live in Snohomish Washington and currently work at Boeing as a 787 flight line mechanic, I don't hold any pilots license but have had 80hrs of instruction in fixed wings over a decade ago and never finished due to financial constraints. I've always regretted not finishing my private license and miss soaring through the sky, also been fascinated in gyro's for a while and finally decided its time to put up or shut up so I’m currently looking into flight instruction and purchasing a gyro. Looking forward to learning from this site and its people and hope I can contribute.

Hello everybody, I am from China, my name is Zeus, Also called the flying tricycle. I am a super fan rotary-wing aircraft, but is also a novice. I know this great forum is for all rotor aircraft enthusiasts of Temple.
So I carried my humility here to tell you to learn. Want your help and support.
Rotary-wing aircraft in the Chinese folk just started, so it is necessary here to give guidance and advice of experts. China also has a rotary-wing aircraft forum www.xuanyiji.com (rotary-wing aircraft, the Chinese called xuanyiji), but it is naive and immature.
I am the webmaster here. I want to be everyone's friend. I hope to get help here to improve my own level. Very grateful to everyone here. My email address is: [email protected]
Sincerely, Flying Tricycle

Last edited:
Hi, new member Joe Faust

Hi, new member Joe Faust

Newbie here.
Several paths brought me to RWF. I look forward, up, and around.

1. The growing airborne wind energy technology, the gaining of useful energy from use of aircraft: Many schemes are using tethered rotary wing systems.

2. In hang gliding there are two things bringing me here to continue my interest:
A. Foot-launch tow-assisted autogyro hang gliding has occurred successful by at least one participant. Video in YouTube.
YouTube - Gyro Hang Glider Tow
There also has been some yet-to-really glide efforts for foot-launch running-down-slope autogyro hang gliding attempts. A window of opportunity drives continued interest.
1982 effort:
http://wase.urz.uni-magdeburg.de/anitsch/Jumpnfly/giro_e_nitsch.pdf

B. In hang gliding broadly interpreted Igor Bensen seems to be very important in many ways, of course, but particularly in his historical early 1950s use of the triangle control frame (TCF) that he set in front of himself as he tensionally hung behind that round-cornered TCF during tow and during release from tow for gliding beneath his wing (rotary choice). That use of the TCF instantiated the mechanics of other overhead control sticks and frames that effected pressing the pilot's hung mass in altered position relative to the wing used (weight-shift control); in 1887 Beeson's patent instruction understood the control method; in 1908 in a gliding club in Breslau, such TCF cable-stayed with pilot hung behind the TCF was installed in a club's hang glider (photograph persists). The Bensen TCF received other morphs into just an overhead stick, sometimes with an inverted T lower basebar handlebar for convenience, etc.

I want to get more in touch with all control methods and their histoies for rotary wing aircraft and then effect some rotary wing flying both in unmanned and manned tethered and free-flight systems that I will design and build. Long path ahead for this project.

Hope to meet some of you,
Best of Lift to you and yours :angel: :rapture:,
Joe Faust
Rotary newbie

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I am newly registered. I practice for 25 years in the gyroplane france.Je understand only French. Good flight ....