Could use some input about my fuel system

Ron, your seat tank had a sump to collect water and contaminants, will that bottom line in your new tank be piped to a fuel strainer? I like your set up.

I don't see why you couldn't, but it might look better if you go with an IPS "T" . a close nipple into the tank and 2 barbs, then you could go straight up out of the lower tank into the upper tank,and have less connections, and still have your site gage.

The only problem I can see is that your fuel pump is going to have to push 3 ft straight up. Not sure if that is a problem or not, just get the right fuel pump.

just my 2 cent.

An idea might be to run a line from the seat tank to the metal on one side top fill port and the other line from the seat tank to the rear discharge port using a T fitting bypassing the metal tank with a more direct route to the engine. The metal tank will still have access to the seat tank fuel from this point for filling and release of fuel as well as direct plumbing giving you your site gauge. Just because you have two top fill bungs does not mean you have to use them. A vented tank will fill from the bottom with your setup although there will most always be a little air in your lower tank from looking at the pictures, no matter if the lower tank is fed from top or bottom. It seems like you have two options to get a site gauge on your metal tank. Use one T fitting and abandoning one top fill bung using the above senerio or using direct plumbing from the seat tank to both top fill ports on your metal tank adding 2 T barb fittings, one each to the top and bottom of the metal tank with a line connecting top to bottom for your site gauge. Just a couple ideas for thought and looking forward to seeing your progress.

Ron
If the front bung on your Aux tank is the vent and it runs up to the top of your seat tank, as you fill your seat tank that front bung is the vent. when your aux tank is full the fuel level will rise in the vent line indicating the aux tank is full . That will be your fuel level. I doi't know what the capacity of your aux tank is but my tank fills through a 1/4 inch line and it fills pretty quick. its only about 3.5 gals.

Ron,

Only thing I would add is a water drain at the very bottom. It'd be a simple matter to add in the feed line to the pump. Gyros get away without a lot of moisture problems because of the small fuel tank size, general tendency to live in hangars and avoidance of rain. The larger the tank size, the more likely you'll find some. Also, you never know when you want an easy way to drain the tank.

*JC*