Stimulus jobs

lanichol

Aircraft
1st RAF 2000 AAI Sparrowhawk, RAF 2000 stab/drop keel/horiz
You can look up the jobs created in your area. Is this political? Not really, everyone should know where their taxes are going to create new jobs. A search on airports is interesting.

Stimulus by State

Last edited:
I'm not feeling stimulated yet..

How long do the jobs last from the spending bill?
Once this one time customer (=the tax payer) buys the 50 million dollars for TSA uniforms. The government customer is gone and he just has to lays off all the extra worker he hired for this one time contract.
So most of these jobs are all temporary, aren't they? One big contract and one customer and then it's right back to the volume you had prior to the government spending.

This is not trying to be political in any way it's just an observation of cause and effect.

I know this is way over simplified...an this is strictly my opinion....but my personal theory is to just keep the money in circulation. In other words...just dont button down the hatches...and keep living a little. If most people would do this...the economy would be off like a rocket. If most people hunker down and get super conservative.....then that in itself creates its own depression to the economy.

Being frugile is fine...but ratholing and not keeping some of that money in circulation does us all harm.

I tend to spend the same each year...but when it gets slower...I just work harder at finding work instead. Its a chain reaction....every dollar spent will circulate many times through the economy.

I have operated this way all my life...through both very tough negative income farming times through the best income years of my life.

Stan

I do the same thing Stan and always have, when your self-employed you have too, if you like eating! After a few years of hustling new work you just don't even know any better!

I teach employee's that it's your job to go to at least 4 job interviews looking for a better job each year.
Eventually you will be an expert at answering there questions having heard more than most others not going 4 times a year.
I've been told it feels pretty good to turn down a job when you don't need it and they offer you less money. Look for a job when you don't need it if you ever wish to really increase your income when your an employee!
Become the best at getting a job?

Last edited:
One day governments will realise that governments shouldn't try and create jobs, they should just create the right environment for people to create jobs.

All this stimulus nonsense will leave us with bigger tax bills and more state workers. The pain of the fantasy economy will have to be felt eventually and when the economy starts to turn round we need private enterprise creating real wealth not watered down communism.

One day governments will realise that governments shouldn't try and create jobs, they should just create the right environment for people to create jobs

I doubt that will ever happen.... unfortunately.
The less government interferes with the people the better the people do. They cannot or do not want to wrap there heads around this concept.
Our Governments roll should be very limited and very focused. They should only manage things only a Government can do like the Military to protect its people from foreign threats but instead they are getting their fingers into every pie they can think of and are really screwing up the whole meal for us all. They have no good reason taking control of private industries because now you have government people calling the shots who do not have any experience at that job whatsoever but they are demanding things that the company's must do that will never work in the real world and essentially nailing up the coffins on these companies. The government "Car Zar" comes to mind here.
Sorry, I try to not reply to political stuff but it is getting to be too much to take.

We've spent over 700 billion dollars "rebuilding" Iraq. Most of the money was wasted, Most of the projects are over budget, many of the projects are not completed.

The stimulus bill will have most of the money used to fix American roads, American bridges, American schools, paid to American workers so they can in turn pay their bills and keep our economy going.

Which spending seems to be getting the most complaints?

No one knows yet, not even our Rep's that are suppose to vote on it this morning without being able to read it first.
The Dem's were still changing it last night at 10:pM PST, it's looked like about 5 or 6 inches of paper.
The majority will not be spent on roads, bridges, or schools!! Most would NOT be complaining if it were spent here as most at least would receive a long term benefit from these assets.
There is a much better solution but we're not allowed to discuss it here, as it is political.

Last edited:
One day governments will realise that governments shouldn't try and create jobs, they should just create the right environment for people to create jobs.

All this stimulus nonsense will leave us with bigger tax bills and more state workers. The pain of the fantasy economy will have to be felt eventually and when the economy starts to turn round we need private enterprise creating real wealth not watered down communism.

Yaw Mon = Bingo!!!!

Well...I think a lot of the bailout money got used the wrong way. If they had used the money to bail out the individual late mortgages, with a payback hook, that would have rescued the banks just a well, right? And the fatcats who blew it in the first place with questionable investing practices would not have reaped the big rewards from the public bailout money...I don't know. I am certainly no expert, but it just seems like this thing about letting the big sharks go all the time is very upsetting. the Silverado Savings and Loans, the Enrons and XO's, and now this. Why can't we ever get proper controls and apply proper liabilities and responsability for this stuff from Wall Street and Main Street??? Cuz the money controls the congress, that's why. Dem, GOP, it DON'T MATTER. Now we are at 1.8 Trillion bailout and stimulus tax money. Why aren't the fools that got us into this mess forced to pay back their huge profits they made leading us to the slaughter?

Nicely stated Brian!

We are addicted to the drug, CREDIT! I would think if we need to get off the drug it would be best if the pusher would reduce its availability, not make access to more.

Last edited:
Larry the link is a search link, I think, as it just tells me that I must search again.

Larry the link is a search link, I think, as it just tells me that I must search again.

John, Thanks.
I connected to the link that does the search. I suppose this is done as things are always changing.

Thanks Larry.
It looks like it going to take me at least a week to study this thing. None of our representatives are going to really know whats in it by the time they vote?

Thanks for that Larry!!!
It's probably part of the plan, just rush it through, so we the people don't know what's in it. Whats is the only way they can get it passed as if we knew all that's in it most with any common sense would start pointing out a much better use for our money!

The same thing is happening in Australia - and probably many other countries.
What many people fail to see is that this is not Government money being handed out, it is tax payer's money. And that money has to be paid back in the future by guess who - yes, the tax payer. The "Government" is not outlaying a cent.
Does this mean that the taxpayer will be paying for it twice?
What a great legacy to leave to our future generation/s.