Begining the Jungle Jet Yamaha Genesis swap...

I never said that

I never said that

You are the first one to use the word fool in this thread. All I have to go by is what you post, and from what you said, it seemed you are uncomfortable bolting an engine package together. Why dont you make the next post after you have 100 trouble free hours on the engine, making it fly once is way different than making it fly at least 100 hours. I sincerely hope it goes well for you and that you can get the 100 hours easily and safely. I have one of these engines on my aircraft, so I guess I would have to be a fool also, but as with any project with this many dymamic components running under high continous power settings and the harmonics involved, it has not been a slam dunk by any means.

Jason

Jason and Ron

You are correct, based on my previous posts I can clearly see now that I am a fool.

Thank you for your assessment of my skills, my experience, my expectations and limitations.

My next post will be when I receive my engine and am flying.

Pinata Out.

What is the INSTALLED weight of the Yamaha conversion?
Thanks.

@Gyroron....

I really need to interject to comment about the content of your post #99 (since I know for a FACT the actual back story).

"And before anyone reading this gets a bad image of Todd,.."

My understanding of the way business works is that a business EARNS its reputation and image through the interactions or lack there of with the customer...period.
This is a concept we all commonly understand as "customer satisfaction".

"I do know that he has offered countless times to refund Fiveboys money since it has taken so long to get this engine package built."

This is not quite an accurate portrayal of events...but suffice to say, I'll not trash anyone's "image" within this forum.

"Todd is a stand up guy, willing to go way above and beyond to help people out."

While I have no doubt that Todd is probably a "stand up guy"...willing to help people out....I think it should be restated HERE once again for clarity sake.....

Todd is running a business....this is NOT about some sort of popularity contest.

His business is one that manufactures a product/service and sells it.
This was a business transaction between He and Robert.

Nothing in life is free...this engine certainly wasn't....and all that is entailed within this transaction (because that's what it is)
WAS ARRANGED/AGREED UPON...AND PAID FOR...it did not come from the kindness of someones heart....this is basic business 101 were talking here.
Robert is no charity case and has insisted upon PAYING for everything "above and beyond" that Todd is doing on this conversion.

Robert prepaid the asking price....and truth be told, he PAID EVEN MORE than the agreed upon price- by a $1000-...!!!

I see only one detail that was never "ordered" by Robert in this transaction.
I would agree fully that detail was a kind gesture on Todd's part...and quite beautifully accomplished too.

"He might be a tad slow on delivery lately, but he does come through...."

Wow....what an understatement.
I'll say it here publicity...I too think he will come through............eventually.

M-M

Last edited:
Do you have a point Mike?

Do you have a point Mike?

I seem to have missed it.

Vance

I will respond to the many un-truths that have been posted in this thread after I get a few urgent things done and finished and have some time to write about them in full detail.
I will say for now that this is absolutely not the engine for just anybody who wants one, Yes we have had much success with this motor but it has not been without issues that we have had to resolve and as Jason O said we are still in the beginning stages of proving that this is a very reliable package. IT HAS NOT HAD ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT NOR HAS IT REALLY BEEN PROVEN YET. That can only be done with more actual air time, that is the only way this is going to happen.
Ernie Boyette will not even consider selling his four cylinder version of the Yamaha motor until he has a minimum of a thousand hours on his. Ernie is a very smart man.

I will respond to the many un-truths that have been posted in this thread after I get a few urgent things done and finished and have some time to write about them in full detail.
I will say for now that this is absolutely not the engine for just anybody who wants one, Yes we have had much success with this motor but it has not been without issues that we have had to resolve and as Jason O said we are still in the beginning stages of proving that this is a very reliable package. IT HAS NOT HAD ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT NOR HAS IT REALLY BEEN PROVEN YET. That can only be done with more actual air time, that is the only way this is going to happen.
Ernie Boyette will not even consider selling his four cylinder version of the Yamaha motor until he has a minimum of a thousand hours on his. Ernie is a very smart man.

In other words... it is what it is, a good engine with lot's of power and reasonable weight and hopefully with good service for hundreds or even thousands of hours. In time the engine will prove itself to be a success or a failure. In the meantime, anyone who buys one of these engines needs to know that this ISN'T a Rotax and it isn't proven and it may have problems crop up that will need to be sorted out. So saying that, any potential buyer of one of these engines needs to be knowledgeable in mechanics and ready and able to solve problems as they arise.

Now so far, there hasn't been any problems of a serious nature. And most problems ( other than the clutch ) that have been identified have been solved. The Clutch problem I believe is solved too, but it will take more flight hours to prove out before anyone can say for sure.

In the end I still think it is a great engine and glad I am flying in front of one.

@Gyroron....

I really need to interject to comment about the content of your post #99 (since I know for a FACT the actual back story).

"And before anyone reading this gets a bad image of Todd,.."

My understanding of the way business works is that a business EARNS its reputation and image through the interactions or lack there of with the customer...period.
This is a concept we all commonly understand as "customer satisfaction".

"I do know that he has offered countless times to refund Fiveboys money since it has taken so long to get this engine package built."

This is not quite an accurate portrayal of events...but suffice to say, I'll not trash anyone's "image" within this forum.

"Todd is a stand up guy, willing to go way above and beyond to help people out."

While I have no doubt that Todd is probably a "stand up guy"...willing to help people out....I think it should be restated HERE once again for clarity sake.....

Todd is running a business....this is NOT about some sort of popularity contest.

His business is one that manufactures a product/service and sells it.
This was a business transaction between He and Robert.

Nothing in life is free...this engine certainly wasn't....and all that is entailed within this transaction (because that's what it is)
WAS ARRANGED/AGREED UPON...AND PAID FOR...it did not come from the kindness of someones heart....this is basic business 101 were talking here.
Robert is no charity case and has insisted upon PAYING for everything "above and beyond" that Todd is doing on this conversion.

Robert prepaid the asking price....and truth be told, he PAID EVEN MORE than the agreed upon price- by a $1000-...!!!

I see only one detail that was never "ordered" by Robert in this transaction.
I would agree fully that detail was a kind gesture on Todd's part...and quite beautifully accomplished too.

"He might be a tad slow on delivery lately, but he does come through...."

Wow....what an understatement.
I'll say it here publicity...I too think he will come through............eventually.

M-M

Mike, I know ALL the details of Fiveboy and Racers deal. I know more than you probably think I do. I see and understand Fiveboys fustration in waiting for his engine, He will get what he ordered... it is just taking longer than anyone expected. In the meantime if I was in your shoes or Fiveboys shoes, I would have loaded up my gyro and drove it to Colorado and worked as a team with Todd to knock it out. No sence in sitting around for 2 months hitting the bars and beaches twiddling my fingers and getting worked up over the whole thing. Is it not possible to drive from Pamama to the USA?

did u goto tnt sunday ron? sorry to get so off topic! my friend went and said is was awesome!

Mike, I know ALL the details of Fiveboy and Racers deal. I know more than you probably think I do. I see and understand Fiveboys fustration in waiting for his engine, He will get what he ordered... it is just taking longer than anyone expected. In the meantime if I was in your shoes or Fiveboys shoes, I would have loaded up my gyro and drove it to Colorado and worked as a team with Todd to knock it out. No sence in sitting around for 2 months hitting the bars and beaches twiddling my fingers and getting worked up over the whole thing. Is it not possible to drive from Pamama to the USA?

I've stayed out of this thread long enough, I've kept quite knowing I'd just blast someones head off if I got started. Mike I'll warn you just once , stay out of this fight. I warned Todd this was a big mistake from the beginning, but I was willing to support his decision. You can't even begin to understand what Todds been through and I wasn't sure at times he would survive. At the cost of my own personal relationship, the bank and I bought another Dominator so I could take a load off Todd worrying about my machine. I've been putting my projects on hold to help Todd get his orders filled, which means I'm not flying, and believe me meth couldn't be more of an addiction.
Russ

It could be like thi.s you find your engine and Todd will sell the parts to put a gearbox on it. you do everything put the engine find all the wires get ri of wires not neeeded make a mount for or frame on and on.
Todd can only do what he can. I don't see anyone selling anything to replace him. you have to wait.

It might take months to get a new rotrax if you have to have it you wait for it.

Sorry for the post if it hurt someone.