Hello from Dayton

WingNut

Wow, just when I thought I was lost as a suspected "spammer" I came on today and I am a legitamate member.:)

So, Hello everyone. My name is Brian, I am 28 and unfortunatly not a gyro owner. Basically I am just here as a spectator, but I figured I would introduce myself anyways. I live in Dayton Ohio(appropriate eh?) and I have had Gyro's on my brain for about 15 years. Well, I am finally getting to the point in my life where I can see a Gyro in my future. Nothing soon, probably about 5 years realistically. But for me its something to look forward to. I envy all you guys and ladies as I read your posts. Amazing site this is, and a dream for me to find. I will be sitting in the back row studying your posts and gathering knowledge and hopefully, sooner than later, I will be able to post my own stories and pics. Also gonna start heading to the local Gyro events, also, just to check things out and get a feel for things before I start training. Maybe I will see some of ya there. Thanks to all for the inspiration and have a excellent and safe flight.

Hello Brian..!!
Welcome to the best place in the world for your emerging addiction <lol>.
Jump in anytime anywhere you want...questions are the coin of the realm, answers the icing on the cake.
Don't for get to delve into the Archive section (link bottom right of page)..you'll find a WEALTH of knowledge like nothing you've ever seen before.
Find a link to read, click on the "View Full Version" link to view the post in a normal format which will show the photos (if included in the post).

See Ya' around...enjoy!

M-M

Greeting Brian!!

Welcome to more fun than should be legal... and warning it's addictive as Mike just informed you, but what a rush!!

Hello Brian!

We have a number of gyro pilots in southern Ohio. Send me an email and I will get you on the Chapter 40 mailing list.

We have members in Dayton, Xenia, Cincinnati, Batavia, Northern Kentucky, Columbus, Newark and more.

Be sure to make time this year to go to Mentone!

If you think it is worth a trip to Batavia, I can give you a ride in my Twinstarr.

Hello Brian!
I can feel your thoughts, as Im not very far ahead of you. Im 31, and quite resently ended my studies, got married and a little daughter, and one more on the way. Interested in gyros since I was a kid too but more or less forgott my interest as it was to far done the line to keep me keen enough. But suddenly I remebered, and gosh, now it was possible to start catching my dreams. Stay close to your childhood dreams in life! They are the ones that will truely give you satisfaction, other stuff you run into on the paths of life is great for a while but tend to "selfdissolve". At lest for me. Someone said to me if you really like what youre doing youre fullfilling Gods will as his tool on earth no matter what youre doing.

Youre lucky to live in the USA as a "Gyro-nut". Much more happening over there and easier to try new things. In Europe its loads of paperwork if you dont stick to original plans or other gyros known to the country you live in. At least in Sweden. But EASA is now giving entire Europe the same requirements wich seems to be good.

Good luck with your dreams however it evolves.

Ok, I just fell off my chair. Did you just offer to fly me in your gyro? Wow, I would be honored just to see it, let alone be able to sit in it. That is a offer I CANNOT refuse. You don't even understand the ear to ear smile I got just getting accepted on this site, now I am being offered a ride. To cool. I sure do appriciate the offer, I will definetly jump on that. Thanks Barnstorm, you just made my year.

ALL_IN- I can definetly see a serious addiction forming. How could you not? lol. This place is too cool.

I really appriciate the warm welcome that I have received here. I have a feeling this site is going to be a mainstay in my life. Thanks again!!!

Welcome

Welcome

Hello from Xenia!

Welcome aboard the Forum.

Yup, in the Dayton area there area alone there are four of us. Cincinnati has a few others too.

I fly out of Greene County airport myself.

Drop me a line sometime and we'll talk flying of all sorts...

Doug
[email protected]

Oops, sorry Mike, I missed thanking you for your reply. Well, thanks for the welcome and words.

Awesome to see there are a few gyros flying around my area. I have to admit, embarrassingly, I have never even seen a gyro in person. Just in books and internet. That is gonna change soon. This site has really got me thinking. I have been alone in my gyro "thoughts" for soooo long, its amazing to be able to converse with people who actually know stuff about them and fly them. Thanks again to all of you, can't wait to meet some of you and check out your machines. I am soooo jealous.

Hello Brian!

If you think it is worth a trip to Batavia, I can give you a ride in my Twinstarr.

Bait, set and hooked..lol

Trust me it is worth the drive.I rode with Tim at mentone. what a great ride.sweet flying Gyro and Tim is a good safe Pilot.

just be warned you will be hooked after that First Flight.

Haha, sry for missing you too Karl. Thanks for the post and words. Nice to hear there are others out there trying to complete there childhood dream. Good luck with your dreams also, hope they come true for both of us.

Animal- to be honest, if I had been offered a ride in Florida, it would be well worth the drive in my eyes. I would ride to Batavia on my bicycle for a ride in a gyro. I am so elated, flattered and humbled by such a generous offer. Like I said in a earlier post, I have never even seen a gyro in person. I learned as much as I could years ago, but after having a kid and being a military family, I just didn't have time to pursue anything of this sort. Now circumstances are different and a Gyro is in the foreseeable future. I constantly have gyro's on my mind, I can't even imagine how I will feel after flying in one. CAN"T WAIT

what to expect

what to expect

well just to tease ya a bit here are a few pics from mentone when I rode with Tim in the Twin star.

Thanks again Tim it was a great ride.

Attachments

• im007289.jpg
    im007289.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • im007258.jpg
    im007258.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • im007298.jpg
    im007298.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
Hello PPG Doug, flying out of Greene County eh? Thats real close. I will definetly be hitting up all you locals and picking your brains for knowledge. Thanks for the welcome, can't wait to meet you all and see your piece of art.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Barnstormer, I will defiently be going to Mentone this year without a doubt. Its marked on the calander. Thanks for the reminder on that one...

Brian,

I just sent you an email. I am on a vacation bike trip to Beckly West WV next week and I can give you a ride when I get back.

OR....

Tomorrow I will be flying Connie to her lesson at 1pm. I could meet you at one of the local airports like Greene County and give you a ride then.

Let me know.

Maybe you could get to see Doug (or Doug's) machine too if they are free then.

yeah maybe even tomorrow. :)

How cool is it to find that Many Gyros local to you.

Now you need to go ahead and join PRA chapter 40.

I am sure Tim can get ya signed right up.

Ohio Flying

Ohio Flying

Yeah, I'll be out at Greene County tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be out sometime late afternoon.

Brian, shoot me an e-mail and we can coordinate if you like.

Doug

Hey Doug, you should see if Paul Z. can fly out with ya, be a mini fly in.

he just made a new H stab for his bensen and reports it fly's alot better and last night sent me pics of the new alternator he installed.. sounds like a good excuse for a test flight to me..:)

That would be cool. Paul Z is leaving town for a Smokey Mountain motorcycle ride tomorrow.

We'll be doing some mini get togethers all Summer.

Doug, hows your Gyro doing now? does it look like ya got the bugs worked out now?

I am getting closer to starting mine, installed the cooling lines yesterday and just clear coated the Rudder. but got more to do on the H.stab.

still got mine for sale, but if it don't sell, I will still have a sweet gyro when done.