Mentone??

John Stahl

Aircraft
none
Total Flight Time
When is Mentone 2010?
I am looking for a flight and need to have the dates.
I would also like some hints as to what airports you guys use to get to Mentone.
So far Chicago is got the best round trip rates.

Hey John

South Bend Indiana used to have some good connections, rent a car at the airport and a short drive to Mentone ( think maybe and hour).

Tony

Mentone Dates for 2010

Mentone Dates for 2010

Here are the dates for Mentone.

Aug 3rd - 7th

Midway Airport in Chicago is a lot better to get into out of than O'Hare airport. If you can find a flight into/out of Midway that would be your best bet. Lots of car rental agencies at both airports.

Figure about a 3 hour drive to Mentone from Midway airport and about another 15 minutes longer if you leave from O'Hare.

From either airport take I-294 south. Do not take any of the expressways thru Chicago. One of the expressways you need to take is under construction and most of the time there is loooong delays.

As stated before. Both Gary and South Bend have service. But you might find it hard to find a flight from where your at to there and be cost effective.

John the last time I was in Mentone I got a flight out of Tulsa into Ohare with a 1 hour lay over then a 20 minute flight to South Bend at a good price , last year I looked at the same flights and almost had the BIG ONE at the price.

Tony

Are we still all fired up about Oshkosh or has that bubble burst. I havnt seen any real action for a long time. Are there going to be a lot of gyros there this year as discussed in the forum earlier this year? I plan on bringing mine to display for the cause but I do not know any of the particulars regarding the displaying of our gyros.

If you aren't camping don't forget to make your room reservations ASAP, and mention the fly in, several places are offering a discount if you are attending.

John:
Last year when I went, I flew into South Bend. All worked out fine. Rented a car from there and stayed in motel. Easy drive though more than one hour!

On another note,

I will be attending the Wisconsin Powered Parachute Associations Fly In from June 24th thru the 26th, and I will be displaying my KB2 and handing out liturature as well as flying my PPC. WooooHoooooo