Sheet House Flying Rules

Steve McGowan

Gold Member
This was in the rest room at Bingham City Airport Utah..

I think it would still apply today. Hopefully I didn't reduce it too much...

Attachments

• BathRoom Rules.jpg
    BathRoom Rules.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
seems like pretty common sense rules, except for no hedge hopping wat da hell! :rant: :lol:

Yes the "pilots must not wear spurs while flying" is very appropriate, good common sense! :D

Do we really need more rules than these? This is what the FAA should be downsized to!

;)

Gov waste.

Gov waste.

Do we really need more rules than these? This is what the FAA should be downsized to!

;)

Tim, I was listening to the news at lunch the other day and they were picking on the fact that there were over 80 different federal funding programs for teacher training, recurrent training etc. In addition to spending 4 billion $ with considerable overlap they mentioned that 80% of the population was educated (to higher standards) without a "Dept of Education". Prior to 1977 there was no federal dept of ed. Now they made a great case for abolishing the dept. Curious what your take on that would be. Seems like we could pay a lot of teachers with what it costs to run a department that cant educate anyone......

J

Jon, the purpose is NOT TO EDUCATE but to indoctrinate..
at least in many cases it is, You have to Feel good, even if you cannot read, if you feel good about it it is OK.

My Wife is a Pre-K supervisor for 7 counties here in Arkansas. It is her job to ID those preschoolers (3-5 year olds) that have learning disorders. They work to bring these children up to speed with the other children. She administers a large amount of money for these kids in the 7 counties. It isn't enough because many need different therapies ie. Speech, Physical, etc.

If they didn't acommplish their objectives they wouldn't have a job and someone else would do it. It has nothing to do with feeling good.

The education comes from 12 years in school. Each year they get the same material just a little more in depth each year.

Ops back to topic. My bad???

Last edited:
I do not have a problem with Teachers, it is the school systems.
I raised 2 boys, I had to fight to get them an education.
Maybe this should be in a new thread....

Tim, I was listening to the news at lunch the other day and they were picking on the fact that there were over 80 different federal funding programs for teacher training, recurrent training etc. In addition to spending 4 billion $ with considerable overlap they mentioned that 80% of the population was educated (to higher standards) without a "Dept of Education". Prior to 1977 there was no federal dept of ed. Now they made a great case for abolishing the dept. Curious what your take on that would be. Seems like we could pay a lot of teachers with what it costs to run a department that cant educate anyone......

J

Jonathan,

I don't know if I am qualified to speak on how to fix PUBLIC eduction.

I make my living as a PRIVATE instructor that trains adults in very technical subjects.

I can tell you that I have a hard time finding any examples of the government doing something that is not largely wasteful at best.

After EVERY single class I teach I am reviewed by my students. If my review average drops below 8 (on a scale from 1-9) I can not teach that class again and that directly impacts my ability to make a living teaching.

This keeps me on my toes and keeps me the best I can be. That is good for me and the students which are my customers. Anyone wanting to hire me or sub-contact me can see my ratings and performance over the past 12 years of professional training.

I don't have kids so my knowledge of the PUBLIC system is very limited.

I know that the USA ranks below ALL industrialized nations in Science and Math student scores (we basically have 3rd world education in Math and Science). And I think this is to blame for many of the issues we have in this country.

Many large IT firms I work with have been hiring for big $$ jobs all though the 'down turn' and have been unable to fill the positions with US citizens because we simply don't have a populace educated in Science and Math. They have to import people to fill the positions or move the IT departments out of the country.

Last year I went to see the movie "Waiting for Superman"

http://www.waitingforsuperman.com/

I was STUNNED.

If what this movie/documentary shows is factual, teachers have no real accountability once they reach tenure in only 2 years and have to be paid, can not be fired for doing a crap job.

Perhaps I am being too simplistic, but it seems to me it would make a world of difference if teachers got paid (and retained employment) based on performance not tenure.

That is how it works in my field and it works very well.

Government (not public!!!!) education is a shame in this country. They force all the kids going to school. What a mess...???? Public schools were never meant to give good quality education. Ever! They were created for the sole purpose of creating "good working subject". Nothing more. During the technological revolution all the farm boys needed to learn to read on basic level and count on a basic level to be able to follow directions when they got hired by manufactures. The intention was absolutely great. So when the hiring company realized they had a talent they took over the rest of the education and send the individual the accredited educational institutes to further his skills. Also back than there were no pride of being a single mother as it is (a welfare check does not substitute a good spanking from Dad!)today thanks to the feminonazis and "the American family" was not just a fantasy. Kids entering schools brought the basic understanding of respect and were armed knowing their responsibilities opposed to today's kids who know only their so called "rights"..... The Teacher's Union needs to be abolished and start all over again the whole system..... IMHO

Well spoken Gabor, and Gee you figured all that out, and you did NOT go to school here!

just be a good taxpayer and get back to work! :boink::boink:

Good points.

Good points.

Sorry, I thought you taught a Jr high or H.S program. I get performance reviewed after every job I do, otherwise I lose customers and go out of business. I can't do just a "good" job, I have to do a "great", no make that "fantastic" job, or people think they are getting shortchanged. I like the concept. The gov and unions have come up with some creative ways to create job security at the expense of quality.

Without turning this into too political thread I find it ironic how scores dropped after "they" introduced the "NEW" math and "NEW" science. I could do the "OLD" math just fine but when they put out the obtuse and worthless method of doing things and rehearsing irrelevant facts about irrelevant things, I lost a lot of interest in those subjects but I think that was the master plan all along.

J

Jonathan,

I don't know if I am qualified to speak on how to fix PUBLIC eduction.

I make my living as a PRIVATE instructor that trains adults in very technical subjects.

I can tell you that I have a hard time finding any examples of the government doing something that is not largely wasteful at best.

After EVERY single class I teach I am reviewed by my students. If my review average drops below 8 (on a scale from 1-9) I can not teach that class again and that directly impacts my ability to make a living teaching.

This keeps me on my toes and keeps me the best I can be. That is good for me and the students which are my customers. Anyone wanting to hire me or sub-contact me can see my ratings and performance over the past 12 years of professional training.

I don't have kids so my knowledge of the PUBLIC system is very limited.

I know that the USA ranks below ALL industrialized nations in Science and Math student scores (we basically have 3rd world education in Math and Science). And I think this is to blame for many of the issues we have in this country.

Many large IT firms I work with have been hiring for big $$ jobs all though the 'down turn' and have been unable to fill the positions with US citizens because we simply don't have a populace educated in Science and Math. They have to import people to fill the positions or move the IT departments out of the country.

Last year I went to see the movie "Waiting for Superman"

http://www.waitingforsuperman.com/

I was STUNNED.

If what this movie/documentary shows is factual, teachers have no real accountability once they reach tenure in only 2 years and have to be paid, can not be fired for doing a crap job.

Perhaps I am being too simplistic, but it seems to me it would make a world of difference if teachers got paid (and retained employment) based on performance not tenure.

That is how it works in my field and it works very well.

"NEW MATH" TEST

Ghetto math exams

CITY OF NEW YORK - REVISED HIGH SCHOOL MATH PROFICIENCY EXAM

NAME :______________________________
GANG NAME :______________________________

1) Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?

2) Rufus pimps 3 hos. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Rufus' $800 per day crack habit?

3) Jerome wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit. How many ounces will he need?

4) Willie gets $200 for a stolen BMW, $150 for stealing a Corvette,and $100 for a 4x4. If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes, and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to have $900?

5) Raoul got 6 years for murder, He also got $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spends $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out? **Extra credit question: How much more time will he get for killing the ho that spent his money?

6) If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet , how many letters can be sprayed with 3 eight ounce cans of spray paint?

7) Hector knocked up 3 girls in the gang. There are 27 girls in his gang. What is the exact percentage of girls Hector knocked up?

8) Bernie is a lookout for the gang. Bernie has a boa constrictor that eats 3 small rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat. If Bernie makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can he feed the boa with one weeks salary?

9) Billy steals Joe's skateboard. As Billy skates away at 35 mph, Joe loads his 357 Magnum. If it takes Joe 20 seconds to load his Magnum,how far away will Billy be when he gets whacked?

This is why my wife home schools our girl. She is 14 and allready for the eleventh grade!We do hold her back so that she won't be so young when she graduates high school and is ready for college. [prepaid florida college]

I taught high school in Chicago for 13 years. I could write a book.
The administration covered up a teacher / student relationship (he then married her after she graduated) he was a well liked teacher.
Guns and shootings were a regular occurence. A pathetic situation that really went downhill when RAP music became prevalent.
Dismal attendance figures. One in four girls became pregnant during the 4 years. Tardiness was tolerated.
A fellow teacher summed it up when he said that our school of 4,000 students was a "social club".

Last edited:
Bud
She is 14 already? Man . . . we all want to fly but . . .time really does it!
How does home schooling impacts her social life?
Heron

I would guess her social life may not be as active, but of a much higher quality, mainly because of how our schools have declined overall

Tony

Her "social" life consists of church,the skating once a week or so and all the flyins that I can pack in.She was raised with "gyro" guys and girls.
Yes Heron time sure gets by us,ready or not they do grow up way to fast.