While we are fixing things

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Bensen glider project (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
:der: Maybe it's time we use our real names here on the forum, we all know them anyway and forum names just lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Is it possible to change my forum name and not have to re-do everything and loose my status?

Sleepless in Seattle

I agree. It would deffinately make it easier for everyone to know right away who is who. Especially the guys like me who dont know who hardly anyone is no matter what their name in the forum.

:der: Maybe it's time we use our real names here on the forum, we all know them anyway and forum names just lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Is it possible to change my forum name and not have to re-do everything and loose my status?

Sleepless in Seattle

Tom,

I have in the past had people create a new user account, and then moerge the old one in the new one.

But I may also be able to directly edit your username. Let me look into it later this evening when I have a little more time to experiment with a test user.

Thank you Mike!

Since I already use my name......do I now have to come up with a clever fake name? :)

Kandace

We could all also put our real names in our signature lines, without any work on Mike's part.

I can't count the times I've wanted to track down a thread or post from someone here, and I know the real name, but not the screen name. Very frustrating. Does the software have the option to allow searching by "Real Name" as well as by screen name, under "Community"?

We could all also put our real names in our signature lines, without any work on Mike's part.

I can't count the times I've wanted to track down a thread or post from someone here, and I know the real name, but not the screen name. Very frustrating. Does the software have the option to allow searching by "Real Name" as well as by screen name, under "Community"?
Paul, I think that's a splendid idea!:first:

Paul,

I have often recommended to new users to put their real names in their signature block. I dislike having to go to someones profile just to see what their name is when I want to reply to them.

You certainly can search for someone by their real name. Just go to the Members List, click the Search button and select advanced search.

I did add that information to my signature so now you can see it all I think. Here goes

Jim

This is a good idea (using real names in the signature block). When I was at Mentone I was meeting a lot of people for the first time and usually when introduced to them by name I had no idea who they were until I was told their forum name.

I agree, real names would be better. and do the nick under it.

:focus: I'll stick to me being me and that picture on my site is what my wife looks like when I married her, 14 years ago. lol.

:focus: I'll stick to me being me and that picture on my site is what my wife looks like when I married her, 14 years ago. lol.

I have an attractive wife but I would never display her in such a way that would cause other men to lust after her. Is that want you want?

Rather that is or is not a pic of your wife I feel that this is not a sex site and I wish they would prohibit such a display of avatars!

Sleepless in Seattle

Tom,

It is possible to change user names. I created a test account and changed it a few times with no trouble.

Gyro, I second your comment. My wife was gorgeous 25 years ago but I would not put her up for display.

What if your first wife is a lot better looking than your second? Do you post the first? If you do I think you'll be looking for your third.

You're right about avatars, should be yourself, your gyro, a favorite hobby, a funny picture (cartoonish), or something along those lines. I think there's other places you can go to post your "wife" pictures.

Avatars are part of the message, each one thinks in a particular way.
Let them decide what is important, goofy, sexy, ironic, moronic, etc.
No censor!
Send them a PM and discuss your feelings.
By the way both my wives had great bodies, the second one. . .huuuuuuuweeeeee! Both still good looking but I ran out of luck with them! :D
Heron