Tornado Sirens at 5:30am

Steve McGowan

Gold Member
This morning being awakened by the sirens from the forrestry commission nearby. Winds were gusting 80 and the RV was shaken like a leaf. Why it didn't go over I'll never know, I sat and watched the sheets of rain out the windshield as the lightening popped.

The rain was so hard you couldn't hear yourself speak..So Hell, Boo and I went back to sleep.. After a while I went to the hangar and prepped the SH for a look around.. The winds were still 25 gusting to 30..

Dan Leslie called and said his garage doors were blown out and parts of his roof is gone.. No injuries Thankfully..

30 mins worth of flight across the brick yard lakes following the line the winds had taken,, along the river it followed for almost 5 miles, ripping the trees like grass,, steel towers for power lines were twisted like straws, one 500 feet transmission tower had been blown over. All we lost 1/4 mile away at the airport was a wind sock..

My nieces house is in the turn, the path headed straight to her house,, not even a shingle was touched. The next house was badly damaged. Again No injuries.

After dodging helicopters and the wind it was time to be safe and get the hell down..

The wind is still gustin close to 30 mph..

Happy Mothers Day,, to yall That are..

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1658.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1658.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of IMG_1632.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1632.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of IMG_1649.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1649.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of IMG_1622.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1622.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of IMG_1651.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1651.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Dang Steve, talk about intense!!!
Glad everyone is safe.
John

Steve: Nice pictures....glad nobody was hurt. After living through that tornado that destroyed my shop with me in it...I am forever humbled by tornados.

Stan

When I heard the storm had gone through Macon I said a quick prayer for you, Steve. Glad you and Boo are OK.

Wow!

Glad you are ok Steve! Thanks for posting the photos!

Mother Nature is impressive .
I got to see the distruction that was left from this winters storms on the North West coast here in Oregon and I can tell you that pictures don't and can't give it justice .
Is that a gun club in the lower left hand picture ?

Mother Nature is impressive .
I got to see the distruction that was left from this winters storms on the North West coast here in Oregon and I can tell you that pictures don't and can't give it justice .
Is that a gun club in the lower left hand picture ?

Gary,It's the local Sheriffs pistol range about a mile away..

Thanks Tim for the prayers,, Musta Worked ,, it helped many many people..

My company has a branch office in Macon - office itself is undamaged, but no power or phones & might not have them back for a week. We were lucky, damage all around it...

Steve,
Glad you are ok, You should foward those pictures to the weather channel web page. They need some good photos of the storm damage and you captured it well. I did not know you took pictures. The wind did not blow you your shirt off the clothes line I hope. :usa:

Good thing you guys got missed by the Thing!
If you speak to Dan again send him my regards, I miss him around the fly-ins.
Keep safe!
Heron