Fair Value AC Commander

Bill

Mach .06
Hangtown CA in Summer - Yuma AZ in Winter
Aircraft
Air Command - 503
Total Flight Time
Gyro-50hrs : AF Jet-4,000+
I need an opinion (just the jokes die). I have the opportunity to buy an almost new AC Commander (stored for 4 years), but it is a HLT - 40hp Rotex 447, pull start, single ignition. The CLT mod kit from AC is @ $2K. I am wondering what would be a fair price (for both of us)?
Thanx
Bill

Last edited:
I paid 4000. for mine 3 years ago and it wasn't in near as good a shape as that one looks to be plus it had no instrument pod I had to buy one.

2nd on the engine overhaul. The rotor blades look a bit small;)

If you do the CLT conversion, I think you'd need a bigger engine and then you'd want a bigger seat tank, instrument pod...

Unless you want a project, just make sure you've got some time in a HTL gyro and go flying!

Dang.. what RPM do rotors that length have to turn to get lift? :D

Im hoping (and suspect) that the blades look way foreshortened by virtue of the taking angle of the camera. Otherwise it might just sit there humming loudly. If it is as short as it looks it could be used to grind coffee.

Im hoping (and suspect) that the blades look way foreshortened by virtue of the taking angle of the camera. Otherwise it might just sit there humming loudly. If it is as short as it looks it could be used to grind coffee.

or maybe blend up a good margarita, cause I am sure it wont fly that way

Didn't look foreshortened Robert to me Robert, get your beans ready.

Looked like muffs or rubber blade protectors stuck on the hub bar. Whatever they are they aint goin to do much lifting.:help:

I need an opinion (just the jokes die). I have the opportunity to buy an almost new AC Commander (stored for 4 years), but it is a HLT - 40hp Rotex 447, pull start, single ignition. The CLT mod kit from AC is @ $2K. I am wondering what would be a fair price (for both of us)?
Thanx
Bill

Bill, If you decide that you don't want it, please let me know I would like to be first in line after you.

www.sunvalleykennel.net

Bill - I'd like to help you establish a fair value for the AC. Please forward the phone number of the owner so I can ask a few questions ...

Come on, Guys! Give him a break! It's a Sky Wheels hub. :flame:

I bought my AC single for $5k, 582, 3B Warp, with extras. Great Shape. Hope to fly this summer.

You'll probably have to have the engine gone through like the others have said. Maybe swap the engine out for a 503 or 582 instead. That and adding the CLT kit. Around $5000 would be a fair deal for both parties involved. That's just my opinion.